[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone on /adv/ said this was the place to post this. So I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Someone on /adv/ said this was the place to post this.

So I bought a mushroom grow kit (Golden Teacher) and I think I might have done something really stupid.

It said to put them in the fridge, but as english is not my native language I mistook fridge for freezer (doh). Have I destroyed them now? I have been trying to grow them for about 6-7 days now and still no sign of anything.

Should I wait a bit longer and see what happens, or is this pretty much a lost cause?
>>
I read somewhere that the first pinheads should appear after 5-20 days so I know it could still happen, but how long should I keep this up until I give up and try with another kit?
>>
>>2110541
Give them a little more time. If the spores had started to germinate/grow, freezing probably killed them. If not, they might still grow.
>>
>>2110549
I will give it some time.
>>
>>2110538
They're probably dead. Spores are incredibly susceptible. There can be a lot of things that fuck up your grow. Make sure you follow the directions 100%.
>>
Did you actually think they would grow if you froze them?
>>
>>2110615
Yes
>>
>I froze a tropical fungi
>Will they be okay?

Lol no. Time to start a compost heap.

>I bought a grow kit

Double lol. Look up 'PF tek' on YouTube or the Lets Grow Mushrooms series (which is a an idiot's guide to PF tek and very good. Yes, oyster and cubes grow with the exact same method.) . Follow those instructions to the letter. Dont cut corners. Just pretend they are looking for ANY reason to stop growing so stick to the instructions until you're more experienced.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.