[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my scorpion is making tapping sounds to try and attract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1368277008528.gif (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1368277008528.gif
7 KB, 645x773
>tfw my scorpion is making tapping sounds to try and attract a mate
>tfw i know it can never have one again because its thousands of miles from its native habitat due to being a stowaway i found in my luggage when i got home
>tfw idk what species it is exactly so cant hunt down a mate
>tfw i tap gently on the tank to let it know its not utterly alone
>tfw it replies and scrabbles to try and get closer
>tfw i cant cuddle it

scorpy :(
>>
>>2110274
just fuck your scorpion, that way neither of you will be virgins.
>>
>>2110274
Post pics, maybe we can figure out what it is so it can get laid.
>>
Is there a such thing as scorpion pheromones? Can you trick a scorpion into mating with a fake one?

I did not expect to feel sad about a scorpion, OP. I want to help.
>>
>>2110274
I did not come here to feel these feels, yet here I am, filled with feels.
>>
File: scorpion.jpg (217 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
scorpion.jpg
217 KB, 1080x810
>>2110283

I dont think its a virgin, its a wild one and I get the impression it was a few years old and was no stranger to scorpion sex.

>>2110318

heres a photo, I think its a rock scorp of some kind, I tried to get a scorpion forum to identify it a few years ago but nobody was very sure. The scorp is from South Africa. Pic is him.

>>2110321

Probably, but I think they must use vibrations because my one communicates with tapping of the claws and this sort of humping motion on the rocks which makes a knocking sound, like somebody knocking on a door. I looked up any info I could find on that and found a study that said they make that noise to attract mates.
>>
>>2110326
Well, I mean, you can be pretty sure he's a Hadogenes of some sort, right?
>>
>>2110331

No I think he is a different species, those ones are too flat and the claw shape is wrong.
>>
>>2110326
just came into this thread to say holy fucking shit
>>
File: 1364670538161.jpg (128 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1364670538161.jpg
128 KB, 645x773
>>2110331
>>2110336

I think its an opistacanthus, but never got any further than that. Goddamn it he keeps tapping, each time it get a little more gentle and slower, like each time theres no reply, he looses abit more hope. I read somewhere that scorpions cant have proper emotions because they lack some part of brain that mammals have, and that they are mainly solitary things, so maybe, hopefully, my scorp isnt feeling these feels.
>>
>>2110350
Maybe he is just getting tired?
>>
File: Opisthacanthus_rugiceps.png (474 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Opisthacanthus_rugiceps.png
474 KB, 640x480
>>2110350
O. Rugiceps?
>>
>>2110356

Maybe. I don't really know what sets him off and what doesn't.

>>2110359

Looks a lot like him.
>>
Look into how scorpions mate.
Make a duplicate female of wire and polymer clay.
This is your life now.
>>
>>2110326
He is too ugly to deserve love
>>
>>2110326
I'm in no way an expert on scorpions, but are they supposed to look so limp? It's not dying, is it?
>>
File: IMG_3748.jpg (54 KB, 822x548) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3748.jpg
54 KB, 822x548
This thread interests me into getting a scorpion. I've only seen one here once and that was when one got into my house. Pretty neat though. Since there's only a couple species in my state, it was a pretty easy identification. It was a florida bark scorpion.

*pic related* was him
>>
>>2110646

That photo was from a few years ago, from when I had just arrived home, he was looking limp there probably because he had just endured a long flight. He recovered fine.

>>2110666

Satanic trips. Scorps are cool. Before my one, I was always scared of them and thought they were nasty, but ever since watching him explore his tank and eat crickets and do his tapping sounds, I think they are chill little critters, they seem very timid too.
>>
File: pseudoscorpion.jpg (38 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
pseudoscorpion.jpg
38 KB, 500x362
>>2110666
If you live in northern Europe and pic related is the only thing that even remotely resembles scorpions.
>>
>>2110691
>If
Shit, I meant to write >tfw
>>
>>2110688
>He recovered fine.
That's good to hear.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.