[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat has been trying (and sometimes succeeding) to eat paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat--8862057685019326747.jpg (47 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--8862057685019326747.jpg
47 KB, 320x480
My cat has been trying (and sometimes succeeding) to eat paper and sometimes plastic. All I can find on google about it is vague bullshit about "digestion issues" and stuff.
Anyone know what specific problems this can cause? Or why she's dong it? pic related, it's her
>>
Its just a thing cats do. Mine likes to eat rubber bands, qtips and tinsel so I can't have either in the house anymore. Her litterbox was really in the christmas spirit one day.

She likes to lick plastic bags but doesn't eat them. Just make sure you don't leave that shit out.
>>
File: wand-cat-tail2.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wand-cat-tail2.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Oral fixation? Was she taken from her mother too young? Anyway, don't use bare hands for playing for a while or she will be bitey.
>>
>>2109757
dunno, i got her from the humane society when she was like 3 months old. she's almost 9 months old now, always has been pretty bitey, doesn't really bother me all that much
>>
>>2109760
In both puppies and kittens, biting tends to suddenly become less endearing/more problematic when they're full-strength adults. Do yourself a favor and train it out of her when she's still young.

Cats can develop PICA, but she's more likely just playing and getting carried away. Cats will eat things like hair ties, etc. sometimes.
>>
Is it a new behavior? Cause if it's new it could very well be a digestion thing and she probably wants to eat grass. Pick her a handful of grass once in a while and maybe try switching to a higher quality food over a few weeks.

Check her teeth too. Maybe ones going bad.
>>
Because they can't digest things like plastic it can cause blockages in their intestines which can require surgery to remove. If left unchecked, those blocks can cause death
>>
>>2109787
she plays with hair toes but never eats them. i always thought kittens/young cats bit all the time while playing, that's how all my other cats have been. i dont think its PICA, i think she is just giving into her hunting instinct with some of it, cuz i'll roll up paper balls and she'll try to eat them sometimes

>>2109790
it is somewhat new, yeah. i'll try the grass thing and see if she has any interest in it
>>
Cats eat shit to try snd throw up, give em some grass
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.