[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should dogs that other dogs be put down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/31418475/dangerous-great-dane-could-kill-shocking-pictures-of-dog-mauling/

This Great Dane has attacked five dogs within the space of a year, and the city wants to put it down.
>>
>>2109419
Yes and put the woman down. Or just make her watch as they put the dog down so she dies of loneliness or heart attack.
>>
after a first offense? No. If it's a repeated offense and the owner has PDD code violations? yeah
>>
>ordered to go to obedience training
>ordered to be muzzled in public

Why wasn't this ordered before? I'm kind of salty because I feel if this was any other dog that was over 30lbs it would have long been put down. Are they just going easy on her because she's old?
>>
>>2109419

Yes.

If your dog is an aggressive in a public place you shouldn't be bringing it there. End of story.

I can not fucking stand cunts that bring giant aggressive German Shepards to dog parks and on the street.
>>
>>2109548

She no doubt cried in court and made a big show of it. I'm sure she was told to muzzle it from the get go and just ignored the orders. Hence her ridiculous 'the dog would never attack a person' defense.

She's lucky because her dog hasn't attacked a person, it would have been put down almost immediately.
>>
>>2109419
Everything about that pisses me off
>great danes, which are known to be the most docile breed, manages to be extremely dog aggressive
>dog is out in a public area in broad daylight near other dogs and she isn't aware of her surroundings
>has a muzzle with her, which the dog is not wearing
>a long, thin chain leash
>just lets go of the dog when it runs, no attempt to even try to hold on or adjust
>doesn't even try to rush to pull her dog off or grab the fucking lead, just lets it happen
She should have never had a dog in the first place, let alone on that could do any amount of damage

>>2109419
I think it depends on each case. A dog that attacked 10 dogs that wandered onto the owner's property is, in my opinion, more innocent than a dog that attacked another dog on public land. Or a dog on leash that attacks an off-lead dog in public area I would also find innocent. Unfortunately these cases, it's not the dog's fault but it's the dogs paying the price.

>>2109548
Obedience training shows very low success rate in legally defined dangerous dogs. Mainly, I suspect, because the owners are forced to go through with it and don't actually follow through on training

>>2109557
It doesn't need to attack a person. A dog lover can get between that dog and their dog and get fucking rekt. I know everyone thinks their dog wouldn't bite a person, but as long as an animal has teeth it can bite. And the fact that this dog shows aggression towards dogs, and an owner too incompetent to handle it, it's really a bite waiting to happen.

And it will be let go anyways because it's an old ass lady and not a pit bull type dog.
>>
Hell yeah they should kill that dog.
>>
>>2109578

It's also my home town.

Old rich people rule the place. Aus is really bad with stupidly lenient judges.
>>
>>2109578
>have only known great danes to be gentle giants
>google to see if i can find another source of this story
>bunch of results for great danes mauling people and other dogs, some fatalities for children

How do you fuck up a great dane? I get they're huge and can be over 100lbs so good luck holding it back if it wants to kill something but I've met so many great danes and even the ones with the shitty owners who kicked them, never walked or socialized them were so gentle and nice..
>>
>>2109597
Partly shitty owners and partly shitty BYBs breeding dogs with bad temperaments
>>
Yes and the owners should be fined, too.

If your dog is violent towards other dogs or people, put a fucking muzzle on it.
>>
>>2109597
never be surprised when any breed of dog attacks. there is no breed exempt from aggression. thinking otherwise is extremely naive
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.