[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1461693488652.jpg (58 KB, 676x686) Image search: [Google]
1461693488652.jpg
58 KB, 676x686
Why is this miniature husky... thing breed so incredibly rare/expensive?
>>
File: 537356357.jpg (68 KB, 449x433) Image search: [Google]
537356357.jpg
68 KB, 449x433
>>
>>2109387
Is it rare? I've been seeing quite a few of them around where I live. Maybe it's gonna be the new corgi.
>>
because breeders know idiots will pay through the ass for an inbred husky mix just because it's cute and trendy online

>rare
not really
>>
Whatever the fuck it is, it's cute.
>>
>Husky personality plus small dog personality
These things sound like fucking he'll demons.
>>
Is it a Klee Kai? This woman on my block paid $2500 and I've seen her walk it once. He's always in her backyard barking
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (461 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
461 KB, 500x374
>>2109387
The Klee Kai is a cross between a Schipperke and a Chihuahua with a "wolf sable" coat pattern.

It's a back yard breeder's dream come true.
>>
>>2109387
Miniature Huskies is not a real breed, is why. They are mutts that managed to look like huskies, so people breed the shit out of them because they are smaller. Mini Huskies are rare because they don't actually exist. BYBs charge about as much as they think they can get away with for mini huskies.

The Alaskan Klee Kai is a breed that has yet succumbed to a huge amount of over breeding and poor breeding practices, hence why they aren't as prevalent as labs, poms, dalmatians, beagles, etc. If the breed population increased along with the popularity boom, you will see a bottle neck of genetics; many dogs being created from only a few, which hinders the entire breed as a whole down the line and creates many genetic issues. They will fall in the wrong hands in time though.
>>
>>2109509
>The Klee Kai is a cross between a Schipperke and a Chihuahua with a "wolf sable" coat pattern.
I'm all for shitting on designer mutts, but this is wrong
>>
>Why are designer dogs so expensive?

Because they are designer dogs?
>>
>>2109509
Yeah...that's not true at all

http://www.akkaoa.org/#!how-it-started/c1pna
>>
File: Snapchat-7299552068313000598-1.jpg (377 KB, 845x845) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7299552068313000598-1.jpg
377 KB, 845x845
>>2109387
I prefer full sized
>>
>>2109519
>creates many genetic issues
You act like this isn't the case with all the other breeds you mentioned just before.
>>
>>2109684
That was the point, they all became very popular very quickly and tend to have horrid health problems due to genetic bottle-necking and also BYBs.

There are dog breeds with few genetic health issues, but you'll notice they are generally rather obscure and rare breeds
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.