[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you love a pet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: download (8).jpg (5 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
5 KB, 225x224
when people say they love their dog/cat etc ,are they serious?

I mean animals are cool and all and I'm fascinated with the taxanomy and biology but they are just animals at the end of the day...
>>
>>2109084
>I'm fascinated with the taxanomy and biology
this is called autism.
it's the reason you have trouble anthropomorphizing animals and thus loving them.
>>
>>2109084
Yeah, there's something wrong with you mentally if you can't even understand the concept of loving an animal.
>>
>>2109084
I like them, that's it. Going to put down the oldest cat later but can't say that it will have an effect on me.
>>
>>2109084
Are you trying to imply that you're a sociopath or something? Either that, or you're just an autist.

All of my pets are family to me, and my dad loves the family dog like a son.
>>
File: IMG_-58jyqu.jpg (41 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-58jyqu.jpg
41 KB, 500x383
You are an animal at the end of every minute.
>>
Humans are animals too, you idiot. We're all the same masses of organic matter. When you die, a human and any other animal will be eaten by maggots in the same way

I think op is even worse than an autist. Autistic people tend to bond closer to animals than other humans. I think they're an actual sociopath
>>
>>2109177
for me, this is true. I have autism and i really love my cat. someone i know recently said that's because animals take you the way you are, and you don't have to act in ways that might not make sense in your understanding of the world and social interaction
>>
>>2109084
>I am autistic
>>
Does anyone here actually feel love?
I mean it's a neat emotional response and all but it's just chemical reactions in my brain at the end of the day...
>>
>>2109177
>Autistic people tend to bond closer to animals than other humans
we do both in different cases.
some autistic people become lovers of beef cattle more than lovers of men. They design winding chutes to slaughterhouses and write books about how they feel closer to sheep than to people.

most go the other route, like OP. We see animals as they are- Furry robots.
>>
>>2109330
3edgy5me
>>
I don't think OP is autistic, but there's a definite lack of mirror neurons. I'd lean closer to downs syndrome in his case.
>>
File: 0413161524.jpg (523 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
0413161524.jpg
523 KB, 1280x960
>>2109084
I've loved all my pets more than any person. I mean like I will save my pets from a burning building instead of the human stranger and I'm serious
>>
Yes, you sociopath.
>>
People love inanimate objects and no one bats an eye

Someone loves another living thing and everyone loses their minds
>>
>>2109085
That's weird because I'm diagnosed autistic, and I love my animals more than people.

Everyone's different, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.