[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After a few years of being unhappy at the concept my boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: HGZoUw6.gif (773 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
HGZoUw6.gif
773 KB, 500x281
After a few years of being unhappy at the concept my boyfriend is finally letting me get a pet. No rodents, no cats, however. He hates them. Apartment also doesn't allow reptiles, my other option.

In particular, he wants me to get a shiba due to their personality (wanting something independant but not a cat), plus they're small, but I know the breed has its personality and I don't have much experience with dogs. He's stubborn at the thought of me getting any other kind of dog/puppy even from a shelter, when I really just need animal company, not a breed.

There's also the fact he keeps pushing back getting the dog to afford a shiba pup, which is making this all the more troublesome.

The fuck do I do?
>>
File: hands-holding-ferret_knkcge.jpg (62 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
hands-holding-ferret_knkcge.jpg
62 KB, 600x399
Why is he so controlling?

Get ferrets.
>>
>>2108959
Because he's got anime figures everywhere and saw how my amazing cat back home got turned into shit with my aunt's teaching.

I love her, but she'd hold my cat until she yowled then let her go, making her into this yowly little thing that didn't like contact instead of my quiet little cuddler.

Also not allowed by my apartment (just like my last option of rabbit), shit sucks. I'm even limited by dog breed to anything not "intimidating" (GSD, doberman, pits, etc)
>>
perhaps you should get a new boyfriend instead of a new dog
you'd just be giving the dog up anyway when you break up in 6 months
>>
>>2108964
>perhaps you should get a new boyfriend instead of a new dog
seconding this. he sounds like a douche and on top of "allowing you the freedom of a pet" he's choosing it too? fuck that shit. get whatever the fuck you want and dump him while you're at it or tell him to put his shit anime in a separate room or cases. you really think a cat would damage your beta bf's fag toys and a dog wouldn't chew them to shit? is this bait?
>>
File: fag enabler.jpg (112 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
fag enabler.jpg
112 KB, 500x678
>my boyfriend is finally letting me get a pet
>Because he's got anime figures everywhere
god fucking damn
>>
File: 98dBqw9.jpg (32 KB, 540x392) Image search: [Google]
98dBqw9.jpg
32 KB, 540x392
>>2108968
I wish it was b8 but no, it isn't. I think he just resigned to the fact I need a pet due to how bad I am with anxiety/stress.

Either way, it's not something that I would really consider over this topic, though I have been concerned over it when he confessed fears I'd care for an animal more than him. I also understand him not wanting the lifestyle shift of a pet, but this is a bit much on the bullshit scale.

Maybe I'll have his mom help me pull the same deal we did for his family dog with a cat (we handed her a dog and lied to her husband that it showed up), but it's shitty.
>>
>>2108976
A puppy is not something that automatically relieves stress, no matter the breed. You will have to discipline it properly through positive reinforcement which takes time and energy.

Expect a few sleepless nights on the floor next to the pupper getting him used to his crate. Expect accidents to happen.

The stress relief comes as much as the whining and insubordination. Sometimes you will love what you're doing, others you will want to tear your hair out. You have to be ready to commit fully to this pet in order to receive his or her lifetime of loyalty and affection.
>>
>>2108982
Exactly what I plan to do. I know the first few weeks will be the worst, especially as someone who mainly knows cats and is used to something a tad more autonomous/not needing to be trained so much as watched.

My main problem lies in that most shiba are even more difficult in the regard of discipline/training and now that I've mentioned one, my boyfriend sticks to getting that despite my concerns on that regard. I'm worried he'll be the one to lose it on the dog, even, if it acts like... well, shibas/dogs act.

I almost wondered if he picked a high price-point/difficult breed that I mentioned would take a while to save up for to discourage me.
>>
No shibas. They are advanced dog to train. You need to know exactly what you're doing to keep them under control. This whole idea of wanting a shiba because they are "independent" is disaster waiting to happen.

Also break up with your bf. He's dumb.
>>
>>2108958
>Bf is letting me..
>he wants me to...
>he keeps pushing...
>stubborn

>>2108962
>anime figures

What the fuck do you love on this pushy, egoistic weeaboo?

I would say it would be better to get a new boyfriend. Seriously.
I mean, it's your decision but I think you would never be happy with such a "man"

>>2108997
Exactly, please don't get a Shiba.
They are really difficult to train and are absolutely no breed for first time dog-owners.
Your faggot bf probably wants a shiba, just because it's a japanese breed ann he sees them all over the Internet as "funny memes"

Sorry for being rough, but hearing all you said about him makes me develop a strong dislike for this prick.
>>
>bf is "letting" me
>anime figures
>bf wants a shiba

Jesus Christ. Dump the weeaboo moron and think for yourself for once. If you can't do anything without your boyfriend telling you to, you don't have the ability to train a dog.
>>
>>2109065
This. Unless of course, you're financially dependent on him.
>>
>>2109066
Dump him regardless. Nobody should be financially dependent on a controlling weeb.
>>
>>2108958
Remember that it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Unless he's a fucking sociopath he'd warm up to the idea of a new puppy pretty quickly once it's around.

As far as picking the dog, you should definitely definitely adopt a mutt puppy. Mixed breed dogs tend to have more balanced personalities than purebreds and avoid a lot of their health problems. Not to mention that adopting is cheap and ethical, and you'll find no shortage of puppies up for adoption.

Shelters can usually tell you how big a puppy will get, and what it's made of so you can get an idea of what its personality will be like. You'll probably want a lower energy dog, and one that's not so smart it'll go insane if you don't keep it occupied all the time. People working at shelters will generally be able to help you find the right sort of dog for you.
>>
>>2108958
>he wants me to get a shiba
>don't have much experience with dogs

Shibas are NOT a dog for beginners. Absolutely do NOT get a shiba.

>he's got anime figures everywhere
>he confessed fears I'd care for an animal more than him
>I'm worried he'll be the one to lose it on the dog

Have you even read what you've written? Dump this loser. I don't care if you 'love' him or if 'he's so nice sometimes anon, you don't understand'. He's an insecure, immature little weaboo brat who can't even make a little compromise for the sake of his girlfriend's anxiety. Why can't he keep his little figurines in a display cabinet or something? Why is he the one setting ALL of the requirements here? Relationships are about compromise, not letting your partner whip you around like a slave.

To top it all off, he's afraid of losing you to an animal? Pathetic. Come on, anon, you can do better than this. Kick his ass to the curb and get yourself a nice cat or two.
>>
>>2108988
As someone who has panic attacks and anxiety constantly, I'd advise getting a high maintenance dog or a puppy. Why can't you have a cat again?

Anyways, Shibas...Huskies...any dog that was bred closely from a wolf (Shibas were closely bred from the extinct Japanese wolf) are going to be hard to handle and need lots and lots of training, care, exercise. I love wolfy dogs but people like us need a calm dog.

It's better to have a cat in my opinion because they seem to just calm you down better than a dog. Maybe it's purr sound. Idk.

But don't let this guy run YOUR life. So what he owns it? If you're taking care if the animal, you should have a choice. So it's Shiba or no animal, right? Maybe he wants the Shiba? .... Whatever you choose, it's to help YOU. And a Shiba us NOT a good dog breed for people with anxiety.
>>
>>2109183
I'd advise AGAINST* sorry
>>
>>2109183
>So what he owns it?
It as in the house. Sorry, another mistake. Really should proof read.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 248x203
>>2108976
>I have been concerned over it when he confessed fears I'd care for an animal more than him
You should be concerned. That is the most beta shit I've ever heard. Your bf is a little bitch and you need to wear the pants, obviously what he is looking for is for another mom figure and you're it.
>Maybe I'll have his mom help me pull the same deal we did for his family dog with a cat
So for every little thing that makes him feel slightly uncomfortable in life you need to talk to his mom or put some kind of mind-bending strategy into place? Do you see what I'm saying? This sounds like my first bf 100%. Girl to girl, unless he's rich or is going to be, this guy sounds like a loser and you need to bail at the right time for you.
Also, don't fall for his pleas or his threats that he's gonna kill himself if you break up, nothing's gonna happen cuz he's a giant wimp.
>>2108988
>my boyfriend sticks to getting that despite my concerns on that regard
How are you still with this kid?

Oh ok it's dawned on me, you're an idiot who lets her life be controlled by her bf.
>my bf this
>my bf that
Relationships are about 2 people and you're one of them, hun. pic related
>>2109065
This this this.
>>2109146
This this this this this.
>>
File: 1454741800640.png (62 KB, 519x391) Image search: [Google]
1454741800640.png
62 KB, 519x391
This thread has to be bait. Inbetween the animu figurines and the mom thing this kid sounds like the biggest fucking loser I've heard of all week, and I frequent this site.

If this is actually real dump that little bitch
>>
>>2108958
Your boyfriend is a fucking faggot that's what

Dump the nigger and get whatever pet you want
>>
Remember, op: animals companions are way better than people companions.
>>
man, you really don't respect yourself. I dumped my ex because he kicked my dog in the ribs for licking his leg. some shit can't be tolerated
>>
>>2109353
I dumped my ex because while I was on vacation they let my dog outside without a collar/leash/supervision and then sat their fat ass down to play video games and forgot her outside. A neighbor told me a random car tried to pick her up so she ran off. She was gone for 4 hours until she made her way back home in the rain. My ex never even looked for her or contacted me or the shelter. Utter garbage.

Dump the loser OP before he pulls some shit like this because you didn't get a weeabo dog like HE wanted.
>>
> weeb bf
> wants shiba

Can't say I blame the good sir. You see, we gentlemen look for representations of superior Japanese culture in all of our accessories. Take my blade for example (literal blade, not my razor sharp intellect ^_^), 'tis hand-forged of the finest Japanese steel. Likewise, only Japanese animals properly represent my cool sense of superiority
>>
>>2108959
Doesn't matter. If he pays the bills then she/he has no say in the matter.
>>
>>2109376
If they're in a relationship they should be considerate of each other more, he doesn't have to be a weeaboo bitch about it

I hope op drops him for a better person
>>
>>2109379
My girlfriend sits around all day and rarely cooks or cleans. She has no say anymore. She got to use to not having responsibilities
>>
>>2109381
You two are not op and her bf though. I get your point though
>>
>>2109381
>being so insecure you date someone you can turn into essentially a child you can control

that's really unhealthy
>>
>>2109386
She won't cook and clean while I'm at work. So in return she doesn't get a say until she learns responsibility or losing me. That's turning her into a child how? I'm guessing you would stay home and act like a child because you don't have to work and not do two simple task? Cuck much?
>>
>>2109392
just saying the fact that you would even date someone like that is really telling about what you look for in a partner

>I'm guessing you would stay home and act like a child because you don't have to work and not do two simple task?
the fuck you even on about? my bf and I both work, and both share the household responsibilities. it's calling being an adult in an adult relationship

>cuck
confirmed for 15
>>
>>2109357
>Dump the loser OP before he pulls some shit like this because you didn't get a weeabo dog like HE wanted.

OP, this a thousand times. Your bf will resent you if you don't get his weeaboo dog. He will resent the dog and you. He will also resent both of you whenever the dog does something bad and whenever you have to get the dog something that costs more money than you have.
>>
>>2109052
>>2109146
>>2109207

This a thousand times over. Dump him OP, please, for your own sake.
>>
>>2109394
>implying
What I looked for in a partner was everything she was till she moved in. Nice try on a strawman though.
>>
>>2109401
He needs to leave her. Possibly give her a black eye. Maybe she'll learn when she's begging on the streets for a hot dog or living back at home.
>>
>>2109403
>implying those traits magically appear once they move in
kek
>>
>>2109405
Pls leave and go back to your leech/child gf
>>
>>2109407
I don't have one. I don't depend on anyone or want anyone to depend on me.
>>
>>2109406
Is it not possible for someone to not feel like doing something anymore after leaving home where they were made to do it? Do you not get out much? Or are you just naturally lazy?
>>
>>2109406
>dat strawman
Where did I say that? :^)
>>
>>2109414
>Do you not get out much? Or are you just naturally lazy?
quite the opposite actually. moved out when I was 17 and was very successful at living on my own. and the tell tale traits (laziness, not responsible with money, selfish, not knowing how to do basic tastes, doesn't/can't cook, etc) are usually pretty obvious if you look, even before moving in with them

>>2109418
yet you say she wasn't like that until she moved in. now you're saying you knew beforehand. ok m8
>thinking le meme face makes you not a
a moron
>>
>>2109429
Before you try to sound smart you should learn to argue. Till she moved in could mean right away or later on down the line. Get your lazy Bernie supporting "pay me $25 an hour while I bag groceries" ass out of here.
>>
>>2109429
>meme face
Emoticon. Back to the cuck chambers. Ironic shit posting is still shit posting. Seriously easiest board to troll especially the girls who come here for "safe space" form 4chan and forget they're in fucking 4chan.
>>
>>2109429
Working minimum wage and living with someone doesn't count lol I guarantee you're still working minimum wage. Your cheeks barely add any value to home life and probably a pain in his ass. He should leave you.
>>
>>2108976
>anxiety/stress issues
>thinks an animal will help
Oh boy, this is a disaster waiting to happen
>>
>>2109446
She's a walking tumblr account
>>
>>2109446
Animals help with panic. I can vouch for that. General anxiety though, I'm not sure. If the animal has the right temperament, it will will calm you down from that high energy state.

Of course, animals shouldn't be your only tool. You'll need to use different techniques and see someone about your mental state.
>>
>>2109129
This is bullshit.

Getting mutt, unless you know which breeds it came from is a risk in itself. You don't know which breeds personality will be dominant and you don't know what health problems it will inherit.

There are pros and cons to both sides but at least with purebreeds you know what you're getting into
>>
File: 6_Ein1.png (150 KB, 620x478) Image search: [Google]
6_Ein1.png
150 KB, 620x478
>>2108958
>weeb

>not wanting corgi

Fucking dump the bitch
>>
>>2108958

Dump the beta weeb.

You... probably need more than a dog.
>>
>>2109930
I thought mutts are meant to be inherently healthy?
>>
>>2110743
Mutts are usually healthier and less problems. Getting a pure breed where heart break begins. You're going to be paying a lot of vet bills for the guaranteed health problems and shortened life span.
>>
>>2110588
She can't if she's part time minimum wage.
>>
Dump him he is too controling and get what pet you want.
>>
Respect his views on the matter and get the Shiba. You sound a little emotional.
>>
>>2110774
OPs bf found the thread guys
>>
>>2108958
>Respect his views on the matter and get the Shiba. You sound a little emotional.
Now eat your vegetables, Young Lady. You gotta grow up to be a repressed shut-in like me.
>>
Your boyfriend sounds controlling and abusive. You should leave before it gets worse especially if you're dependant on him. Dump him and get the pet you want
>>
File: Cats_nono-foods_rawfishandmeat.jpg (42 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
Cats_nono-foods_rawfishandmeat.jpg
42 KB, 493x335
Op tell us if you dumped him please, this is riveting
>>
>>2111127
Hopefully he left her first or he killed her. She sounds like a living tumblr.
>>
>>2111133
You don't mean that
>>
>>2111137
Sounds like her self diagnosed depression and anxiety got to her. She doesn't have a job.
>>
>>2111141
Oh?

My anxiety and panic shit and former alcoholism and bum knee and poor English never stopped me from working

There is no excuse
>>
>>2108958
Get a Shih Tzu, they're independent, well behaved, quiet, loyal, playful, good looking and don't need too much exercise, mine is perfect.
>>
>>2111193
>good looking

Let's not get carried away here.
>>
>>2109930
studies have confirmed that on average, mutts live longer
>>
>>2109430
>Till she moved in could mean right away or later on down the line.
and my point is that traits indicating that person will act that way down the road don't appear out of thin air

>>2109431
>especially the girls who come here for "safe space" form 4chan and forget they're in fucking 4chan.
more like anon getting triggered over it being pointed out to him that he's choosing to date a woman that acts like a child

>>2109443
>Working minimum wage and living with someone doesn't count lol
can you read? I lived on my own before meeting him and moving in

>I guarantee you're still working minimum wage
nah m8

>Your cheeks barely add any value to home life
we make about 50/50 and live comfortably

>He should leave you
triggered much?
>>
>>2111195
If you cut their hair they're one of the best looking breeds by far, they look noble as fuck
>>
>>2110744
It really depends on the breed and where you find the breeder. My 3 purebreds are healthy, my 3 shelter mutts have health problems out the ass, including costing me 5,000 for a spinal tap to make sure the epilepsy wasnt caused by something contagious in one case only a month after adoption.
>>
Sounds like your boy friend's in no rush to adopt another subservient creature because he already has you as a pet.
>>
>>2109375
underrated
>>
File: Puppers.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Puppers.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1200
I think we scared away OP with the truth. Seriously though OP the relationship doesn't sound as healthy as it should. Shibas are a very bad choice for a first time dog owner, especially one with stress. Labradors and Golden Retrievers were some of the best dogs I've worked with, in my own opinion. I would consider researching Labradors.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.