[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post your animal stories GONE WRONG >coming home from work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 660x440
post your animal stories GONE WRONG
>coming home from work
>see a pigeon sitting on my doorstep
>keep walking and go up to my door
>expect him to fly away
>he just sits there, looking at me
>later see through the window how he's shaking and puffing up
>realise he's dying
>don't want a dead pigeon on my doorstep
>take him to my garden to and try to place him gently on a tree
>just in that second my dog runs out through my door which I forgot to close
>jumps up and grabs the pigeons lower body
>get so shocked he I drop him
>my other puppy runs out
>they proceed to rip the pigeon into pieces
>feathers everywhere in the garden now
>>
File: 1450190916408.jpg (66 KB, 540x509) Image search: [Google]
1450190916408.jpg
66 KB, 540x509
>>2107807
>>
>sitting on my room, stoned, playing Skyrim.
>it was 2012 so that's all I ever did
>hear my dogs growling and barking outside
>freak out
>worried they're attacked by a coyote or something
>run outside as fast as my stoned body will let me
>find my dogs tearing apart a live raccoon
>the poor raccoon is making a crazy noise
>it's like half squealing half chattering
>the worst sound I ever heard
>reminds me of that scene in Dead Rising where the clown laughs as he dies, being torn apart by chainsaws
>try to stop my dogs but they won't let me near
>they carry the raccoon off into the woods
>raccoon squeal fades into the distance
>go back inside and feel sad
>still high as fuck but can't shake the bad vibes
>contemplate death
>>
>>2107845
If I could I would personally kick your dog til the little shit couldn't walk straight anymore.
Thanks for the hustled jimmies.
>>
Does everyone here own retarded dogs or is it just these two?
Almost everyone in my family owns hunting or rat breeds and they don't rip apart anything unless ordered. I personally think dogs with a mindless killing mentality are disgusting.
>>
>>2107856
Yeah its the second time hes killed the cat.
Stay rustled my friend.
>>
>>2107854
I feel that bro, I feel more able to understand animals when I'm high
>>
>>2107845
>>2107856
>when a cat massacres countless small animals, no one cares
>when a dog kills one mere cat, it's the end of the world
>>
>>2107871
The outdoor cat hate isnt just a some meme
>>
>coming home from work at 1 in the morning
>I open the door and the cat flies out the door

this happens every time I come home she usually just starts munching on grass

>cat sees silhouette in the distance
>it's a cat
>full defcon 1 shits going down
>my cat bolts like a cat seeking missile as I desperately try to catch her
>the other cat sees my cat but it's too late
>my cat smashes into the other and send it back 2 ft in the air
>I'm too far to stop the horror that's about to ensue
>my cat mannaged to get on top and starts taking chunks out of the other cat's neck
>other cat is dead by the time I can do anything so I just grab my cat and run home

why the fuck are cats such territorial little phycos
>>
>>2107871
>>2107873
I don't give a fuck what killed what. I own indoor cats and don't let them out because I know feline prey drive isn't something you can turn off (and I don't want them run over/poisoned). Dogs can be trained to not kill, if you cannot properly train them then give them to someone who can. A dog that disregards it's owner's command to not attack/stop an attack is tomorrow's news headline.
>>
>>2107845
This is bait right? Kek
>>
>>2107845
>reverse image search doesn't turn up anything
>it has a weird name that implies it was imported from some device
It seems like this anon legit took this pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 200x200
Similar story happened to me, OP. Eerily similar actually.
>coming home from work
>see a pigeon on my doorstep
>he can't fly
>get a perfect idea
>take him out into the garden
>he walks around like a retard
>this little pigeon doesn't know what's waiting for him, the fury of my dogs are not to be underestimated
>open the door to let my dogs out
>my dogs are well trained
>tell them to sit
>they all sit and stare at the pigeon, which is roughly 15 meters are from them
>put on who let the dogs out in my headphones
>tell them to bolt to the pigeon
>they rip the pigeon into pieces
>hear it's screams
>his head attached to his body without the limps are all that's left
>he lies there
>still blinking and moving his head
>embracing his death
>take him
>throw him across the garden
>dogs chase him and eat him up

I should do more dog hunger games desu
>>
>>2107861
You better be careful, that cat has only 7 more lives at best
>>
>>2107859
Mine just bark at whatever gets in the yard. Blue tongue lizards get into my yard and wander around and my dogs just flip their shit and bark at it and circle it until I remove him from the yard
>>
>finish building $3000 computer
>turn it on and start installing the OS and drivers
>halfway through installing drivers dog decides she hates my computer
>pops door off kennel
>barrels at the tower
>knocks it over
>computer shuts down immediately

I have never punched a dog so hard that it broke it tooth until ten minutes ago. Like what the fuck was her problem, she's literally never done bullshit like this, I didnt even know she could bust out of her kennel like that because shes normally docile and lazy, i've never seen her move like that until today.
>>
>>2108026
Dog senced danger. It saves your fucking life and you punch it ?
>>
>>2108026
What the fuck is wrong with you? Kys my man, your dog isn't responsible for that, but you are because you're a shitty owner. You probably traumatised the dog by punching it so hard a fucking tooth fell out. I hope you realise what you just did.
>>
>>2108028
MY dog cost me $1,300 by breaking her kennel, one of the graphics cards, two hard drives, and a monitor, for no goddamn reason, out of the fucking blue.

>>2108039
You're goddamn right the dog is responsible, an 8 year old dog has no business losing her goddamn mind like that when she has zero history of it. If my kid were to have done the same thing I would've punched the little shit just as hard. I have hte dog kenneled up whenever I work on computers so that she doesn't get in the way or break anything, and this now tells me that I need to chair her to the kennel and the kennel to the wall when my new parts get here.
>>
>>2108042
Do you think all dogs have human brains or just yours? Do you think he was actually thinking "Hey he's working on something expensive i'm gonna do this to piss him off?"
Do you think in his mind he was trying to fuck with you or thinking you were in danger and coming to protect you? If you're stupid enough to treat a dog like that i'm surprised you could put together a computer without getting thermal paste in the CD drive.
>>
>>2108081
>dogs are animals and are therefor incapable of being retarded
Dog's are animals and are by default stupid, this is why we train them. You never know what a dog is going to do in a given situation. You can make guesses based on experience, but aside from that you're operating on the assumption that the dog is a machine that can be predicted and accounted for. Animals are unpredictable, you need ot understand that.
>>
>>2107898
Not the same, you had the bird killed on purpose. OP didn't want his to die
>>
>>2108042
>>2108081
>>2108106
Dogs don't have a sense of what is expensive, but they DO and CAN be taught that objects belong to people and they cannot fuck with those.
It's like the "dropping keys" training. If you drop your keys and the dog grabs it, there's something wrong with the dog. Grabbing a piece of bone that fell out of the alpha dog's mouth would result in a bite. The domestic dog must understand which objects are his, which objects are the owner's (ie, anything not dog related) and that the owner can touch all of his objects, not the other way around.
My dog was trained by a certified police dog trainer. She wouldn't even go upstairs unless we physically dragged her up/picked her off the floor, and once there she'd sit as stiff as a statue. Dogs are easily taught what is off limits. I just don't agree with the dude punching her, not because of pain but because dogs don't understand punching well. Punching is abuse in the purest sense because it hurts them and they do'nt learn anything from it. A 'harmless' but more effective way is simply forcing the dog to lay down by the scruff of the neck and yelling, it's exactly what the mother/father would do (pin down and bark/loose bite around neck).
>>
>>2108150
>that fell out of the alpha dog's mouth
>the alpha dog's
>the alpha dog

the 80's called, they want all their debunked science and diminutive purple-clad popstars back.
>>
>>2108158
Call it whatever you want, dogs in a group/household form complex social structures.
Moscow called, they want you to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_dogs_in_Moscow

>Beggars may live in packs, but a pack's leader will interact with other packs.
>The leaders are not necessarily the strongest or most dominant dog, but rather the most intelligent, and are acknowledged as such by the other dogs in the pack who depend on them for survival.
>One technique a pack uses involves deploying its smaller, cuter members, having realized that these dogs have more success in begging food from people.
>>
File: panda_pug08.jpg_w450.jpg (42 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
panda_pug08.jpg_w450.jpg
42 KB, 450x500
>>2108162

>cites wikipedia page
>>
>>2108169
>doesn't know what citations are

There, for your simple mind:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/Technology/stray-dogs-master-complex-moscow-subway-system/story?id=10145833&page=1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2372125/Wild-dogs-that-commute-from-suburbs-to-scavenge-in-city.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20111216133637/http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/628a8500-ff1c-11de-a677-00144feab49a.html
>>
We had a friend living with us for a while who had the worst fucking pug. That thing had extreme separation anxiety and refused to pee outside despite having free range of the house and a doggy door. Pug would lose his ABSOLUTE shit any time there was a sound in the house and he refused to be touched. Like, if you tried to grab him to pick him up he would run from you. This proved troublesome when he would bolt out the door when bringing groceries in and then ran from you when you tried to bring him in. Anyway, after a year of living with this shitty dog our friend moves out. Our house is a 5,000 sq ft home with the bottom floor tiled and the upstairs carpeted. Because asshole pug is an asshole he destroyed our carpet and our friend replaced all of it once he moved out. A month later he has to go out of town and asks if we can watch the pug. We agree and get a baby gate for the kitchen and he's in the kitchen or outside. We refuse to let him roam around since we got the new carpet and what not. Anyway, we figured if he pees in the kitchen (which high chance he would) it wouldn't be an issue because it's all tile. We run to pick up food and in the 20 minutes we were gone, the pug somehow managed to jump on the table, then on to our bay window ledge, lift his hind legs like he was doing a hand stand and pee on the only fabric and non washable thing in in the fucking kitchen; new silk curtains for the Windows.
>>
>>2108026
disgusting piece of shit
I hope this is just b8

>preferring a stupid PC over a dog and evaluating the "damage it had caused"
please give your dog to someone responsible, asap

I bet you are either a dindu-sub-saharan or a fat neckbeard
>>
>>2108042
>lock her up when I work on Computers
you are just too idiotic to own a dog (or any other animal) that's all, you irresponsible prick
>>
>>2108170
>Using "The Sun" as a legitimate source for anything

Also no, you've just linked to a couple of news articles.

This would be correctly citing something

Lemon, A. (2015) 'MetroDogs: the heart in the machine', Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, Volume 21 (Issue 3), p.660–679. dio:10.1111/1467-9655.12246

And you wouldn't bother doing that for the sake of some shitty trollbait in a shitty little thread on a shitty little board on 4chan.
>>
>>2107807
Shouldve wrung its neck
>>
File: thor-crying[1].jpg (126 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
thor-crying[1].jpg
126 KB, 600x539
>12 years old
>hamster kicks the bucket
>sad, it was a good hamster
>as per viking tradition, decide to give him entry to Valhalla by making him a little funeral pyre in the back yard
>roll him up in a newspaper, douse it in lawnmower gas and salute my little buddy as he ascends to join Odin
>mid-blaze, hear my dad yell
>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?"
>drive-by slaps me and starts stomping on the fire
>really digging his workboots into the remains, scraping and kicking it like an African fetish dancer
>fire put out, dad goes in while threatening to have me eat my dinner in the garage again
>see lumps of fur on his boots as he walks in
>mfw
>>
>sister and I are still little
>have a bunch of cats in the yard
>one day we find them attacking a baby bunny
>freak out, take it away from them
>mom puts injured bunny in a box in the kitchen
>we give it some grass and water in an attempt to heal it
>go to bed
>next morning the bunny is gone
>mom tells us it "got better" and she let it go

Only years later did I learn the truth. ;_;
>>
>>2108416
So... The cats killed the bunny?
>>
>Used to own a goat together with 2 horses and a pony
>Goat always bullied the pony
>Dad told me that sadly, our goat ran away
>They actually brought the goat to a butcher and I prolly ate it's meat without knowing it
>>
>>2107807
>have 19 year old dog and 15 year old bird(no idea what kind. some bigger canary kind)
>both super chill with each other
>bird rides dog, nibbles on dogs ear while dog sleeps
>one morning we all sit in the kitchen
>bird is sleeping on his cage
>dog wants to interact with bird
>barks at bird once
>bird has heart attack and falls off the cache making horrible noises and dies
>dog super sad that bird is gone, slept infront of the empty cage from then on
>>
>have doggo
>doggo loves hunting small animals, nearly has heart attack every time there is a squirrel near the window
>has a fenced in backyard
>be 3am, no one around so I let the doggo outside of the fenced in area
>let him run around, I'm (autistically) listening to music with headphones instead if watching him
>a few minutes later see him with a baby bunny in his mouth, hear squealing
>driveway/yard littered with baby bunnies
>doggo is so happy, thinks I'll be happy too
>I freak out, but don't want to punish him too hard, its just his nature and he's never really been taught otherwise.
>put doggo back inside
>he doesn't really kill the rabbits, just carries them around and shakes them
>manage to save a few bunnies, hope the mother will come back and take care of them
>go inside and try not to cry

Fuck you doggo

But in the end it was my fault and I can't blame him
>>
File: 1461174875906.gif (790 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
1461174875906.gif
790 KB, 320x224
>>2107807
>Around 8 years old.
>Have a dog named Max
>Also have a paranoid neighbor who used to grow veg in his back yard.
>Refused to allow us to put up a tall fence to sate his ramblings about people stealing his stuff.
>Instead opted for a 2 meter tall spike topped fence.
>One day, I open the backdoor to play.
>Max ran out and instantly tried jumping the fence.

>Tried.

I've lived with the guilt for years and still feel bad about it at 23 years old.
>>
>>2108462
I know someone with a sdimilar story
>Person has parrot and labrador
>Best pals
>Never physically touch but parrot mimmicks husband and talks to the dog
>Generally whistles to come, calls him a good boy and insults with swear words
>Dog happily wags it's tail at the attention
>Dog get sick and dies
>Parrots gets super depressed and starts pulling out all it's feathers
>Eventually stops eating and dies.
He calling that dog a fucking stupid idiot in heaven now.
>>
>>2108441
the mom did
>>
Well, long story short is that I had morning wood and my cat bit hard enough that shit was bleeding everywhere
>>
File: 1392936011638.jpg (78 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1392936011638.jpg
78 KB, 550x413
I work at a pet store and my manager told me a story of something that happened years and years ago

>friendly parrot at store, some guy owned it and gave it to them I think
>parrot would sit up at register and whistle and talk to people
>pretty cool birb
>people are allowed to bring their dogs in on a leash
>one day somebody comes up the register w/ dog to check out
>as they're leaving, the dog jumps up and literally eats the parrot whole
>the owner sees this happen
>says nothing and just walks out

that's why we can't have animals at the register any more
>>
>>2107878
>why the fuck are cats such territorial little phycos
i've heard that urban feral colony cats are way nicer to each other. i think housecats don't really get to adjust to each other's presence enough.
>>
>>2108587
It's because in the outdoors, cats can form huge social groups but still have their own "hunting territory". Indoor cats loose all this knowledge of social groups and are confined to a very small space. This makes indoor cats a lot more antisocial to one another.
>>
>>2108580
This almost happened to me
>Be in pet store
>There are dogs just running around
>One of the parrots is literally on the floor
>Pick it up and put it back on its cage thing
>mfw
>>
File: 1441568226795.jpg (95 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441568226795.jpg
95 KB, 500x375
>dog loves to chase squirrels
>never hurts them, just chases them a few meters before proudly trotting back
>walking him one day
>come across squirrel sitting in middle of sidewalk, bold as you please
>feeling mischievous, unleash dog
>realize the second I do that something's wrong with the squirrel
>dog runs up to it and stops, looking confused when it just stands still
>squirrel suddenly bolts to nearby tree
>climbs halfway up and just clings there, breathing hard
>releash and tie dog to fence, go closer
>squirrel abruptly falls off tree and lays on ground obviously dying
>look around for a big rock or something to put the poor thing out of its misery
>it dies fifteen seconds later
>>
Well, seeing as people are sharing dog ripping stories...

>mum and dad have red cattle dog x jack russell terrier
>also have foxy terrier
>country Australia
>dogs love to hunt
>dad takes them for walk
>chase baby rabbit
>they catch it
>they have a tug-of-war and literally pull it in half

Fuck.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.