[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dog breed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20160423_122025429.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_122025429.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Hey /an/, can you identify the breed of this doggo? Just took him from the shelter, they told me it's a cane corso/labrador hybrid, but it is registered as a pitbull. Sorry for the bad pics but it's all i have, don't want to bother him now that he's sleeping. I'm not that good with dog breeds so help is appreciated.
>>
>>2107030
Shelters register 99% of their dogs pitbull mixes. By the look of the body and head shape, I'd say that dog has very little to no pit in him. Definitely has those lab ears and head though.
>>
Muscular for a lab mix but body shape other than that strike me as lab.
>I have a full blooded lab
>>
File: IMG_20160423_122153036.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_122153036.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>2107031
>>2107032
Thanks for the input, it actually was a vet that classified him as a pitbull, but the shelter guys (and almost all dog people i know) say that the vets in the area aren't really top shelf... Here's another pic
>>
File: 1461568919607.jpg (104 KB, 601x600) Image search: [Google]
1461568919607.jpg
104 KB, 601x600
>>2107030
id plz
>inb4 /v/
>>
>>2107030
ID through looks alone is bullshit and utterly inaccurate. It was wrong for the vet to register it as a pit bull IMO since 1) it's obviously a mutt and 2) the shelter already ID the animal. Unless you gave consent, that was a pretty scummy thing to do.
>>
>>2107030
Pitbull is a feature now because of laws. Look up the laws on what classifies pitbull, it's no longer just a breed. Boxers, for example, fall under the category 'pitbull'. The vet classified your dog as pit because it has pit features. Sucks but that's just how it is.

Next time you get a chance to vote, and if it ever comes up, vote on laws that put stricter punishments on the actual owners that let their dogs get in trouble.

I personally think that if a dog gets out and kills someone, the owner should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. If the dog bites and sends someone to the hospital, tag the owner with the bills and a couple years for indirect bodily harm (basically like saying you were responsible for this person being harmed, even though you didn't do it directly).

The dog is a simple animal whose actions are almost 90% controlled by the human who owns them. If you can't do basic training with a dog, then you shouldn't own one. And if your dog literally shows no signs of aggression and truly does just snap one day, well then you should have plenty of people to back that fact up.

If someone's on your land, or in your house, obviously the laws should be a bit different, but no less harsh if the dog kills someone unless it was very obvious said someone was trying to kill you or your family. But even then it's a slippery slope, because a killing bite should never be used. The dog should simply be able to attack and distract, never intentionally for for a killing bite like on the neck or face.
>>
>>2109896
>I personally think that if a dog gets out and kills someone, the owner should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. If the dog bites and sends someone to the hospital, tag the owner with the bills and a couple years for indirect bodily harm
that's already the case, but the process requires pressing charges and filing civil suits or insurance claims.
>If someone's on your land, or in your house, obviously the laws should be a bit different,
it's actually harsher in that case since you have insurance that covers that exact situation.
>>
>>2107032
CCs are VERY muscular, so that would explain it.
>>
>>2107030

>registered as a pit

Seriously America...get your fucking shit together.

The vet is either a fucking moron or covering his own ass.
>>
>>2108516
Sorry I meant, "could you identify the yellow dog in this picture please".
>>
>>2109934
A snek
>>
>>2109935
v funny smartass
>>
That just looks like a lab to me. It could have gotten brindle from almost anywhere, pit bull, great dane, boxer, or it might be like my lab/chessie mix and just have two coat colors for the under coat and top coat that lay differently. My dog has kind of the same coloring.

From those pictures, everything just looks lab to me, except the coat coloring. The tail, the body shape, and the head. Yeah, it's a muscular dog, but labs should be muscular. Too many people over feed their labs. Be careful of this, labs are greedy and will eat as much as you give them. His head is blocky, but that is a lab trait as well. Just shows more of an English strain of lab.

Enjoy the doggo.
>>
>>2108516
Appears to be genus Canis, guessing lupus familiaris but need more pics to be sure
>>
>>2110642
If it's a mutt just say its a fucking mutt. Otherwise tell me the breed.
>>
>>2108516
>>2110653
NSDTR?
>>
>>2110655
looks in the ball park
>>
File: large_34136[1].jpg (86 KB, 581x389) Image search: [Google]
large_34136[1].jpg
86 KB, 581x389
>>2107030
>they told me it's a cane corso/labrador hybrid

It's a Lab mix, with a brindle coat color.

The Cane Corso breed comes in brindle, so their description sounds plausible.
>>
>>2107030
>registered as a pitbull

Can someone please identify 1 thing about that dog that is indicative of any of the pit bull breeds? Maybe the generic tail? That's all I got.
>>
>>2110661
I think smaller eyes; wider, squarer jaws could also be a trait. But it's hard to tell.
>>
File: 1439894389298.jpg (1 MB, 2790x3333) Image search: [Google]
1439894389298.jpg
1 MB, 2790x3333
Sup, guys. This is my dog. The vet said it was a pit bull. I had to lock away all the cats and kids when I brought it home so it didn't instantly maul them to death because genetics.
>>
>>2109902
If it's close to an area with BSL and the animal doesn't have a pedigree, there's a checklist for what is considered a pit bull that the vet may have had to go off of. And that dog does seem to meet the requirements of pitbull compared to most checklists
>>
>>2110696

Okay, here's the thing ... "Pit bull" is not an actual breed. They can't scribble "Pit bull" on the breed line of the form. "Pit bull mix" makes even less sense. That's like putting "lap dog" or "toy dog mix" down for chihuahua. Why do they do that?

Dogs have identifiable breeds for a reason. I expect such idiocy from the mass media, but from an institution that specializes in handling these dogs, I expect better. We're not exactly talking about domestic short hair cats.
>>
>>2110708
On the rabies certificate, which is where the breed is officially registered, there is a line that says 'predominant breed/type of dog', with a secondary breed/type of dog. No one, on a legal standpoint, gives a flying fuck about the second breed. Pit bull, while not a breed, is a type of dog like terrier, retriever, Shepherd, etc.

Now why vets would have to label a dog like OPs as a pit bull could be because of ordinance in or near the area. There is a checklist on what is considered a pit bull type dog, and a purebred lab does fit it. Most pit bull checklist have 8-12 pit bull characters and often you only need to hit around 5 to be considered a pit.

Is it retarded? Of course. There is no reason for it. But the general public is retarded. Hell even animal autists on 4chan can't tell you what a pit bull is. And that is why we have dogs like OPs lab now legally considered a pit bull.
>>
File: UU4V1Mmh.jpg (100 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
UU4V1Mmh.jpg
100 KB, 1024x576
Hard Mode.
Try to identify her.
>>
>>2110715
>There is a checklist on what is considered a pit bull type dog, and a purebred lab does fit it.

I want this on a bumper sticker.
>>
“22 POINT CHECKLIST”
Ratings –
0 – Does not comply NB :- (comment required)
1 – Partly Complies
2 – Substantially Complies
3 – Fully Complies

Body Part Rating Please make comments
1. Head – medium in length and is brick wedge shaped 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Councils have added wedge
2. Head shape – has a skull shape which is flat and widest at the ears with prominent cheeks free from wrinkles 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
3. Muzzle – square, wide and deep 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
4. Muzzle – well pronounced jaws, displaying strength 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
5. Upper teeth – meet tightly over lower teeth (scissor bite) 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
6. Ears – set high on the head and free from wrinkles 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
7. Eyes – round to almond 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Councils have added almond
8. Eyes – set far apart, low down on the skull 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
9. Nose – wide open flared nostrils 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Councils have added flared
10. Neck – muscular and slightly arched 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
11. Neck – tapers from shoulder to head 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
>>
>>2110724

12. Neck – free from looseness of skin 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
13. Shoulders – strong and muscular with wide sloping shoulder blades 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
14. Back – short and strong 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
15. Back – slightly sloping from withers to rump 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
16. Back – slightly arched at the loins with the loins slightly tucked 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
17. Chest – deep, but not too broad, with well wide sprung ribs 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Council add well
18. Tail – short in comparison to the size of the dog, tapers to a fine point and not carried over the back and dose not extend beyond the hocks 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Council added Does not extend over hocks
19. Legs – medium to large, round boned and reasonably strong 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
20. Feet – of medium size should be in proportion to leg size 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __ Council have added should be proportion to leg size
21. Thighs – well developed muscles 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
22. Coat – short and stiff to touch 0__ 1__ 2 __ 3 __
23. Height – from withers to ground ____________cm
24. Common photo match Yes____ No____
"As all 22 points are of equal weight, a dog can qualify as an APBT Type without having any specific APBT features. "
>>
>>2110724
>>2110725

here is the AKC version. It's much shorter, but copy/paste really didn't play well with it so I'll just put a link up.

http://www.sfgov2.org/ftp/uploadedfiles/acc/Documents/Breed%20Standards.pdf
>>
APBTs and Staffies are never going to be accepted as long as every fucking shorthair dog on the planet that bites someone is called a pit bull. There are so many things wrong with this whole situation. It's like a dog's breed is judged by their behavior first, and then their appearance as an afterthought.
>>
>>2110724
>>2110725
What area uses that for BSL? I usually see the AKC one >>2110726 being used in the US.
>>
>>2110718
Golden Dautschshepard.
>>
>>2110715
Vet made a big deal to put "lab mix" for my Chesapeake Bay Retriever / Labrador Retriever mix.

I live in Michigan, most people don't even know what a CBR is, they just think I have a curly chocolate lab.

Some places must have CBRs on the high insurance list or something.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_103036044_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_103036044_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>2110750
No.
One more photo to try.
>>
>>2111096
Gay dog.
I like it.
>>
File: thumb_IMG_3640_1024.jpg (93 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
thumb_IMG_3640_1024.jpg
93 KB, 640x427
I think pic related is part rottie due to coloring. Thoughts?
>>
>>2110685
Kek
Cute puppo tho
>>
File: my doggo.jpg (1 MB, 2172x2934) Image search: [Google]
my doggo.jpg
1 MB, 2172x2934
What breed do you think she is?

I've had her for ten years now, and i know for sure she is a maltese cross. What is the other half of her ?
>>
>>2112129
Papillion.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.