[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baby guinea pigs killed upon birth, ideas please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: aaa.jpg (4 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
4 KB, 255x198
While I was having dinner 2 guinea pigs babies were born a couple of hours ago... when I come back they had no hands, no legs and the eyes were eaten by hords of ants. Last time a male escaped and made out with a female it was the cats... the guinea pigs were still coming out being born and the feral street cats were already with their mouth wide open waiting for them to be born straight into their mouth. The other time were the neighbours children... educated as disobedient wild beasts grabbed the babies and threw them at the wall while playing.

I'm getting bitterness after bitterness with this already. It's the first time I have guinea pigs and no one ever told me anything about ants... I'm learning through mistake after mistake, but I don't like it because it's costing the babies lives.

How can I keep them safe from this and any obvious unexpected dangers that I might not still have encountered?
>>
>>2104468
...keep them inside?
>>
>>2104495
Better yet youse a troll i think. Don't have anymore animals as you seem inept at keeping them alive.
>>
>>2104495
my wife is hysterical, doesn't want them inside the house... she loves to play with them but doesn't like when they pee or poop or cry or need food or cleaning.
>>
>>2104508
Time to get a new wife, sounds like.
>>
>>2104508
Get sterilized because she will obviously hate children.

You could also get one or both guinea pigs sterilized so they stop having babies
>>
>>2104511
>>2104527
Despite the obvious (thank you very much), the source of the problem still remains unsolved and I would really like to know if anyone has experience dealing with ants spawned from satan... like fire ants, termites, etc...

I was thinking more along the lines of powdered sugar mixed with borax... with boric acid pH from borax being 9 and formic acid from fire ants being 2, the result would obviously be thousands of improvised intestinal explosive devices.

ideas, please.
>>
>>2104876
Divorce wife because shes a bitch and only has animals for the fun parts and doesnt understand what having an animal is about. Also dont reproduce
>>
File: 1427001481205.jpg (85 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427001481205.jpg
85 KB, 400x400
>>2104468
>this entire post
>thinks his biggest problem is the ants
>>
Are you that stupid fucker who lives in a shithole in the Philippines and keeps his guinea pigs outside?
>>
>>2104897
>this entire post thinks his biggest problem is the ants
Gee, you guys keep hitting the same key of the piano... cat problem is long fixed, kid problem is long fixed
>>2104906
>Are you that stupid fucker who lives in a shithole in the Philippines
Name is George and there's no divorce in the philippines but poligamy is incredibly common so don't worry about my reproduction, I also had to move the guinea pigs to a hidden 10 minute walk away from the house to protect them and yes, there are fire ants everywhere all kinds of living things all the time and even yesterday there was a giant spider with a leg span bigger than my foot walking alongside me down the public sidewalk when I was coming from the post office... and I'm used to geting hit by at least 26 hurricanes a year that I already name them from A to Z starting in Jan and ending in Dec... it's life here.

Now, the ants, please... because I can deal with whatever next month, but I have to deal with the ants in the next few days.

If I make a raised cage with the legs soaked in grease, would that serve as an ant barrier? I'm not sure, but when I was on the other side of the world I think I remember my gramps doing that with beehives so the ants don't steal the honey.
>>
>>2104955
You should not have guinea pigs outside in that environment. You just admitted there are regular hurricanes for fucks sake.
>>
>>2104955
Yes, that might work. But some kind of smooth metal would be better. And you will have to frequently apply new grease when it gets worn off by the elements.
>>
>>2104956
>You should not have guinea pigs outside
I'd love that, but this is not the northern hemisphere, it's the tropics, where some bright filipino spark had the brilliant idea of building EVERY single house with tinfoil roofs effectively turning them into solar powered furnaces under the infernal torrid heat and keeping the pets inside would be tantamount to torture especially for an animal covered in fur... Not to mention that, despite living close to the capital of the country, my aircon fails regularly due to monthly unexpected power cuts for electric grid maintenance or like last year when I spent more than a month without water and electricity after a hurricane.
>>2104957
>you will have to frequently apply new grease when it gets worn off by the elements
Well, how about sticking a cage leg through a funnel hole and seal the bottom and fill with oil to the brim... even if it rains the oil floats and made big enough would only need refilling once a month... but I still would prefer getting rid of the ants instead of keeping them at bay due to their habit of making holes on the clothes, biting people while they sleep, entering through windows, doors, roof, everywhere and especially we can't store food in the cabinets... it's a pain in the butt to have to buy everything needed to eat daily just because of the ants.
>>
>>2104955
>Now, the ants, please
diatomaceous earth
>>
>>2104984
they die outside, they die inside, GG give up on having tiny pets.
>>
>>2104468
Why not make some sort of wooden table to put their cage on?
>>
File: pigs.jpg (105 KB, 660x506) Image search: [Google]
pigs.jpg
105 KB, 660x506
>>2104468
Solved.

Though I assume stagnant water is no bueno in your climate. So either use something besides water or change the water regularly.

Also maybe poison the water and cut down on some of those stray cats.

Are you raising the piggies for meat or companionship?
>>
WTF, OP... I've never seen a civilized country where polygamy was legal.
>>
File: image4201.jpg (200 KB, 1279x671) Image search: [Google]
image4201.jpg
200 KB, 1279x671
>How can I keep them safe from this and any obvious unexpected dangers that I might not still have encountered?

I'm glad you ask because I'm an expert on this field, in fact I'm the one who invented all the millions of guinea pigs that exist in the world and I know everything about them... how do you know that's true? Because if you read it on the internet it must be true... besides, those are just too many guinea pigs to make up... so, thank goodness you found my expert advice because I'm going to introduce you to my proven system of raising guinea pigs... yes, it's proven and it's a system.

First you are gonna need:
-A computer
-A snorkel
-And a ferret

If you don't have the ferret, don't sweat about it, I'll provide you a link later to download it and don't worry about those fireants and termites either because what you should be really worrying about in the long run are those giant alien ants, which is why in my experience I always personally recomend a good quality flamethrower.

We are gonna start building the perfect cage for your guinea pigs at the edge of a cursed cliff where death is known to lurk around and the first step is digging the catacombs which will be lined with poisoned crossbow darts from top to bottom. Upon raising the flanking towers don't forget to make space for the murder holes where the guinea pigs can shoot easily enemies while they stumble around lost in the artificial maze through the swamp filled with deadly snakes and quicksand surrounding the kiddie pool without forgetting, of course, a secret tunnel for quick escape in case the cat lords ever conquer the stronghold.

Normally the blueprints of this entire magnificent infalible plan sell for $358,000, but for you and only today I'm offering them at $999 only!!! I don't need to tell you what a steal that is, so invest now on the safety of your guinea pigs because this is a time limited offer.
>>
>>2104495
>>2104508
are you the moron who keeps his guinea pigs in a cage outside in the philippines?

stop getting pets.
>>
>>2105574
my bad, you are
>>2104984
>You should not have guinea pigs outside
>I'd love that, but

you should not have guinea pigs period.
>>
>>2104989
>diatomaceous earth
Sounds fearsome... I'll have to find out what it is and what it does... but I still need you to tell me what is your experience with it.

>>2105548
Suuuuuuuure, a castle on the edge of a cliff with poison arrows in the catacombs and quicksands in the snake infested swamp against infernal possessed cats and giant ants from mars and without forgetting the secret tunnel, of course. I'll contact the architect right away.
>>
>>2105116
>never seen a civilized country where polygamy was legal.
Seriously? And no help with the problem? You guys are killing me here over the wife factor. Polygamy is normal because the population grew of interdependence while in the west is every man for himself where if you don't have a spoon you skip the meal to go buy one while here you just get one from the neighbor 3 times a day and live off of them without ever buying one for the rest of your life. Totally different mentality man. Also half the men are emigrants and half the remaining are travestis and homosexuals which leads to the country having too many woman and many dysfunctional families resulting in feminized boys who's biggest dream is one day becoming transgendered and public celebrations can't lack transgendered/travesti beauty contests. Counting my neighbors in 5 houses live 2 men and 10 woman (with bodies of a 12 year old chinese boys with A cups, mind you, but still woman). Only a few men keep their salary at the end of the month, typically it falls on the hands of the wives. That's why supermarkets have breastfeeding stations and whatnot. this is a feminist dream come true.

There are laws but a good filipinos don't care. Men usually look down on those who can't afford an extra wife. Mine gave me "carte blanch" to get second wife before we start dating. Third-world girls marry for money not love, make no mistake about that. Love based marriages are luxuries for the rich and every mother/auntie/grandma hammers their females hard since the cradle to live up to the motto "no money, no honey". Mine got married with me to send her dozen siblings to school since the parents don't like responsibility. When I want to raise kids I know where to go. Now, please cut me some slack already because polygamy is also common in Muslim nations like Nigeria/Afghanistan/Somalia/Mongolia. I don't go to Muslim church, but the other day the whole country stopped on the Amun Jadid national holiday.
>>
In high school I did a science fair project on this and made it to state. I found that ants are repelled by certain plants including green onions. Plant green onions around the cage and the ants should fuck off. I planted all my extra plants around my house after the experiment and never saw another ant. Good luck
>>
>>2104508
>>2104876

OP please leave her. It would be best for everyone.
>>
>>2105616
I have read that paragraph 3 times and still have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.

Just get rid of the pigs. Problem solved.
>>
>>2106122
>still have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.
I'm trying to say: There's not enough sausages, therefore plenty of men in this travesti femnation have second families.

>>2105099
>Are you raising the piggies for meat or companionship?
As family pets that I brought from overseas when I moved here a few years ago. Can't eat them men.

I had 3 people going to hospital with food poisoning last month for buying "fresh" fish at the local market trying to fry it at home for dinner. That's why I kill other home grown animals for meat like chicken/tilapia to barbecue but I'm the only one that eats them as everyone else is grossed of eating a "pet".

Spending money to buy fried tilapia at local markets and food stalls on the side of the road that are semi-putrid due to tropical heat and non existing refrigeration with maggots inside their eyes and stuff like that is culturally OK, but fresh live clean tilapia for free cooked at home is not OK... go figure.

>>2105705
>OP please leave her.
No divorce law in the philippines.
>>
>>2104508
So it sounds like she doesn't want a living thing? What a stupid woman what the fuck did she expect when she got an animal?
>>
File: imagecat.jpg (8 KB, 180x169) Image search: [Google]
imagecat.jpg
8 KB, 180x169
>>2106154
>>
>>2106154
>No divorce law

Then just leave. Don't tell her where you're going and never look back.
>>
>>2106652
>Then just leave. Don't tell her where you're going and never look back.
OK, I get my ass out of this infernal cesspit. Lose 3 or 4 years buying and rebuilding a land/homestead and knowing my way around the new place. Another year or so finding a chick outside of a third world country that doesn't have flat chest/butt/face and doesn't have the body of a 12 year old chinese boy and is not aversed to marrying a much older guy... I live happy life without looking back until a year later old wifey types my last name or a relative last name in facebook and pulls a video scandal in front of new wife and her relatives to destroy my life about shit I never did like being a child abuser or a wife beater or saying she's married to me and I never send money home and she is sick with terminal disease and our 3 made up children had to be given for adoption, etc, etc, etc... and a decade of work come crumbling down in less than a minute... toooooo risky, and the price of failure is too high in this modern technologically interconnected world of nowadays man.
>>
>>2106772
Don't put your real name on Facebook. Or, you know, block her. Have you ever blocked someone?

It'd be a little hard to find you in the mass of names and pictures. It's actually pretty hard to find someone unless they're famous or have mutual friends with you.

Block her. Unfriend everyone. Change your Facebook link via settings. Keep your name but change it a little. If you're name is David change it to Dave.

You can get out of a crappy relationship if you try hard enough.

>flat chests

Ever met bitches in the U.S.? You might just luck out and find one that's not fat and doesn't have three kids. I think the average breast size is a C.
>>
>>2106772
Feed her to the ants
>>
The heck with the ant problem, this thread derailed a long time ago. You guys wanna barbecue me over the wife factor.

>>2106805
>Feed her to the ants
Haha, genius... at least that way I could stop waking up 6 time a night, 7 days a week with the darn filipina singing Adele and Beyoncé songs in her sleep... sleeping is one of my pleasures and it's been years since I last slept through an entire night.

>>2104508
>What a stupid woman
Rather than stupidity, her germ aversion is a culture/mentality difference... Kids are hammered hard to shun germs like the bubonic plague due to this tropical island on the other side of the world being a highly active bacterial cauldron which is only made worse by less than minimal cultural hygiene habits.

Last time I was in India people said they never, ever eat with the same hand they swipe their buttholes in the bathroom... but here in the philippines anything goes and people don't mind swiping their buts to their fingers and 3 minutes later shove a handful of boiled rice inside their mouth with fecally aromatic fingers.

Outside my high class neighborhood there's hordes of beggars living under plywood huts and I stopped there the other day to give some clothes and asked a starving woman with 10 children why on earth she didn't throw a handful of corn/bean seeds into a hole and harvest a full bag 3 months later to feed her malnourished family like I do in my home? She replied that's a dirty gross work for farmers and the earth is full of germs.

That's the mentality my wife also has and the reason she doesn't clean nor feed nor care the guinea pigs.
>>
>>2107099
I gave you a way to deal with the ants: planting green onion within a meter of the edges of the cage. Ants hate the smell or something. Of all the plants I tried, green onion was the most effective, easily obtained, and useful.
>>
>>2106772
Then change your name, buttfuck.
>>
>>2107477
>I gave you a way to deal with the ants: planting green onion
Tropics man, tropics... garlic/onions/celery/potatoes/carrots/etc/etc don't grow here... most vegetables/fruits people take for granted have to be imported... green onions being one of them... I also learned that one the hard way after spending years trying to grow all the aforementioned vegetables. This is the country of the bananas.
>>
>>2105116
Philippines ain't exactly a good country.
>>
>>2107499
Hmmm. I'm guessing most kinds of mint won't grow there either? This was 8 years ago so I can't recall all the plants I used and which ones repelled, attracted, or did nothing.

In my research I read that cinnamon sticks keep them away as well if you want to make a barrier of them around the cage. Important: cinnamon sticks, not the kind of cinnamon with sugar, that will attract them
>>
>>2107608
>most kinds of mint won't grow there either?
Never succeeded making mint take hold, however, had a couple of 6 month long peppermint experiments a few years ago where both failed independently of being planted under the sun/shade/wet/dry/clay/sandy soil... Plants too small and too weak under constant stress always at the brink of death with leaves growing the size of a fingernail instead of the size of a finger.

>>2104989
>diatomaceous earth
>>2104957
>grease
>>2107608
>cinnamon sticks
Diatomateus earth and cinnamon sticks spread around smooth metal greased legs it will be...

No big hopes, I think such grandmas home remedies will fail for being too soft... but still one has to do what one can. Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>2104468
Your country is too hot for pigs. Even if they live past your squalid birthing conditions they won't survive the climate.

You should not have them outside or at all.

These are not animals outfitted for nature. They are like farm animals in that way.
>>
File: image3516.jpg (101 KB, 623x1103) Image search: [Google]
image3516.jpg
101 KB, 623x1103
>>2105116
>WTF, OP... I've never seen a civilized country where polygamy was legal.
There's elections and the guy that will likely be the president of this nation has 2 wives and an extra 2 girlfriends on the side and the other day bragged in front of 10,000 people he can afford them without using the nation's budget to pay for them and everyone was amazed how great guy he is.

<-------------- I'll add a pic for you here.

>>2107541
>Philippines ain't exactly a good country.
It's not a matter of good or bad... it's just different. Culture here grew of interdependency and polygamous behavior is deeply entrenched into the society.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.