[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with the death of your pet anon? I feel depress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
File: doghug.jpg (42 KB, 520x426) Image search: [Google]
doghug.jpg
42 KB, 520x426
How do you deal with the death of your pet anon?

I feel depress now remembering my dog when it was still a puppy and it tried to lick my face.
>>
>>2103114
grow up
>>
>>2103116
y-you too.
>>
File: Ded.jpg (42 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ded.jpg
42 KB, 640x360
>>2103114

If I owned a dog, I would cry twice as hard if it died. All the pets that I had were my parent's property though.

But I do understand your loss, it is like losing a relative you once had.. Even if it had the mental capacity of a 5 year old.
>>
>>2103123
I like dogs more than most children so...
>>
There was a guy on /mu/ recently that had to put down his dog soon, we were helping him through it by swapping stories and sharing music for the mood.
Here's the thread if you're interested. Sorry for your loss. :(
http://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S64085501
>>
I cry until I'm done crying.
>>
I like to imagine that animals go to heaven.

Immature, I know but it's a good coping mechanism.
>>
File: 20160331_174025-1-1.jpg (1005 KB, 3132x1506) Image search: [Google]
20160331_174025-1-1.jpg
1005 KB, 3132x1506
>>2103114
I don't know. I have an 18yo cat and he is still really active, and I don't know how I'm going to cope. Pic related, his name is clark and He is on the right
>>
File: 20160404_130628-1.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2582) Image search: [Google]
20160404_130628-1.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2582
>>2103150
How sad.
>>
>>2103114
Get another one
>>
>>2103114
I get rid of its body so there is no evidence and go get another one
>>
>>2103150
Animal heaven is lonely without the only person it loves most in this world: You.
>>
>>2103114

When we adopt them, we know we are going to outlive them. All we can do is provide them with the best life we can, with the most fun and love, and be happy that you made their life special and that somebody loved them.

Its easier when your pet has had a decent life. I lost my 5 year old baby a few months ago after an emergency surgery. That's hard to feel good about, especially since his last week was probably torture for him. We put him through a lot of medical procedures because he was so young and we would have done anything to save him, but it feels terrible knowing we put him through all that, and that that was the end for him.

RIP Rocky. You were so tiny, but you have no idea how important you were to all of us.
>>
>>2103186

I know you are trying to be nice, but this notion really bothers me. The whole "Rainbow Bridge" thing, where animals wait for their loved ones before they can get into heaven. Every animal I've ever known has been better than any human I've ever known. They deserve to get in on their own merit. Have fun in heaven and we'll meet up some day inside.

I'm not religious, even, but the idea of pets hanging out in the waiting room of heaven makes me really sad.
>>
>>2103114
I don't.
>>
>>2103200
Well i think even if they had a choice to go to heaven right away, they'd probably wait at the bridge for you anyway. i love dogs so much, they truly are a mans best friend ;_;
>>
I Comfort myself by thinking that I have it the best life possible and that they all will wait in heaven for me.
>>
I actually lost a dog of mine this morning. My brother found him outside in the cold. He must have done his business, but when he tried to come in, something must have happened. We took him inside and wrapped him up in an old towel. My sister found a box, and I laid him down in it. I shut his eyes and gave him my farewell. Then I cried and sobbed, hard. My siblings were upset, but not as much as me. I take death a lot harder I suppose. He was a good old dog, a black chihuahua with patches of tan fur. 15 years old. We have another dog that's just as old, if not older. I'm getting all stuffed up and crying just typing it all out, but it's best to get all the hard emotions out while it's fresh in your mind. We'll have him cremated soon, and his urn will sit next to another old dog of ours that passed away 2 years earlier. At least they won't be lonely with each other for company now.
;_;
>>
>>2103114
I cried hard for about three days. I didn't even eat; just cried, stared at pictures of him, slept, and woke up crying. I work in a pet related field and they basically gave me a week off to grieve.

It was a sudden death and I suspect that he was misdiagnosed, because we had literally taken him to the vet a week prior for a blood test and he apparently had nothing wrong. He had a bad cough though, and if I had to guess, he passed away from CHF or pneumonia.

Getting another pet helps, it doesn't have to be a dog. I got a puppy a few months later and it helped distract me from everything.
>>
>>2103200
I just read about this yesterday because my cat is going fast and pretty soon I'm going to have to make the decision. Reading about the rainbow bridge concept made me feel 100 times worse. Yes the idea is they are restored to full health and get to play in a sunny happy field, but it also said the whole time they miss you. I couldn't deal with that. No matter how good they feel or how good the surroundings are, what is the point if they are depressed emotionally? I understand whoever came up with that was trying to help but it needs some work. At least in the end you get reunited, but still.
>>
>>2103360 (cont)

>>2103158
I have two cats, one's 18 and one's 15. I got them both in a July (though three year's apart), so in three months they'll both have birthdays. My soon to be 19 year old has had diabetes for like 6 years but he's still vibrant. My other one, who was the most lively and hyper cat, who had the most personality of any cat I've ever known or even seen, got kidney disease over New Year's and now is having respiratory problems. He's laying in the sun now, enjoying the warm breeze in the open window, but I really don't know how happy he is aside from this. The soonest I can do this is Tuesday, but I don't think I'll be ready. Now that he's off some of the medicine that was hard on him and making him so drowsy I keep watching to see if he'll perk back up, but it's a long shot. Good luck anon, I don't know what to say. I've had this cat almost half my life (I'm 33 now) and have known him better than anyone else, even my family. We have this bond that just doesn't seem possible but it exists. I can't stand the thought of going on without him. I'm really mad he didn't get to make it to 19 like my other one. I estimated we've spent about 5,600 days together, almost 15 and a half years total, he was with me every step of the way, every day almost, but it never seems like enough. He was with me all through college, through some personal injury when I really needed him, and through other times over the years. I really don't know what I'm going to do without him. It's even harder that spring is finally here and the weather is finally getting warm the way he likes and now he won't be around to enjoy it. Just take lots of pictures and video of him so you'll always have those to remember him by. When I got this guy I was still using a film camera, that's how long it's been. So I don't have a lot of pictures anymore from before 2005, which I really regret. Good luck, just cherish every moment, even the seemingly dull ones.
>>
>>2103200
>I'm not religious

Yes you are, you just have a watered-down, therapeutic religion that makes you feel better.
>>
>little Fido dies
>he had a good life with a master that loved him to bits though
>he waits for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge, wagging his tail in anticipation to see your figure appear in the distance
>back on earth Humanity has achieved immortality
>the generation before yours was the last generation that will ever experience natural death
>you will live forever
>after about 60 years poor little Fido starts to wonder where you are
>after 100 he starts to give up hope that he'll ever see you again
>after 200 he doesn't run around and play, he doesn't watch for you anymore, he simply lays in his same spot by the gates of heaven and sighs, occasionally whimpering with the knowledge he'll never pass through them at your side.
>>
>>2103679
Therapy is the only good religion will ever do for anyone.
>>
>>2103228
This is kind of it, man. It's been over a year for me and I think about him every day. It doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do throughout the day, but there are times when I am alone and start falling into that hole thinking about him and get teary.
>>
My dog recently died. I didn't cry. Got kinda teary a few times thinking about her.

I guess what annoying me the most is how my dad gave her treats and ended up liking him more. She stopped listening to me primarily after a while.

I know he did this on purpose as I've shown how affective toy training is on Australian Cattle dogs.

He didn't understand the concept of throwing treats in the dog food randomly either..since they are supposedly good for their health.

Anyways, it's easy with dogs that aren't affectionate I guess. Kinda like a fuck buddy who never cuddles with you I suppose

Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 185x82
>>2103763
>mfw Catholic Church believes that the animal companions of a person worthy of heaven will join them
>>
>>2103696
Mmm that edge is so sharp.
>>
I've lost two of my pet rats. It hurts so much. I cope by spending extra time loving on my two remaining rats but when I lose them I don't know what I'll do.
>>
File: commieblock cat.jpg (26 KB, 446x500) Image search: [Google]
commieblock cat.jpg
26 KB, 446x500
I feel really sad every time I see a RIP thread. People from another boards go here, not /b/, here and post it, and it's more than one every single day. How to deal with it?
>>
>>2103132
Child detected.
>>
It makes me sad to even think about so I just reassure myself by saying it doesn't matter. Maybe that statement is more depressing itself but sometimes it feels better to face what could be the truth. Animals die all the time and if you mourn all of them it's a sure way to make yourself depressed
>>
File: rainbowbridgepoem.jpg (67 KB, 655x800) Image search: [Google]
rainbowbridgepoem.jpg
67 KB, 655x800
I like this concept of the rainbow bridge. Your pupper is made healthy and happy and he spends his day playing with all the other puppers until you arrive. Makes it seem less like he misses you
>>
Our dog is 13 and healthy, but obviously aging. He's got a vet appointment soon and I'm afraid that my inlaws are going to start badgering me to have him put down before his time. He bumped into something once and they started freaking out about him being blind (he's not).
>>
>>2104450
That gave me feels as a fedora-wearing atheist. Thanks.
>>
File: Brandy.jpg (683 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
Brandy.jpg
683 KB, 1456x2592
Losing a pet is always going to be awful. The best thing you can do is remember what a good life you gave your pet. You took care of it, loved it and cared for it. Even though by human standards they were only with you for a short time, from their point of view, they lived a long and happy life with the person they loved most. Take comfort from that anon.

Pic related, my rescue rat who died last month. She went from a bare cage and an ignored existence to a cage full of treats, toys and friends, and plenty of love and play. It was so sad to lose her, but she had a good long life, so that's a comfort.
>>
:(
i just got a puppy and i feel sad knowing one day he'll be gone..
>>
>>2103114
I just got the call my dog has a cancer in his spine. It's gonna be a long ride home to have him euthanized. I think I might be a psychopath though; he's basically the thing I actually care about most in the world and I feel nothing about his death.
>>
You just have to cry and feel the pain. Talking about it helps.
>>
Nogga
>>
File: image-2016-04-20-17-32-59.jpg (758 KB, 1529x2048) Image search: [Google]
image-2016-04-20-17-32-59.jpg
758 KB, 1529x2048
>>2105403
Here he is, back when he used to be able to run around and stuff. Apparently it's so bad he can barely stand. Just last month I was in town and he was fine and now he's going to be dead.
>>
File: 1461004866353.png (20 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1461004866353.png
20 KB, 400x462
>>2104450
That would make me feel better if I could bring myself to believe in an afterlife.
>>
>>2105363
>Even though by human standards they were only with you for a short time, from their point of view, they lived a long and happy life with the person they loved most.

That's a good way to look at it. 10-15 years is really short, but animals don't really have a concept of time I imagine, so from their earliest memory if they recall being with you then it's probably very comforting to them.

>>2105403
>>2105412
I'm sorry anon. I got told recently my cat likely has cancer. Three months ago they checked him out, x-rays and all, and he was clear. Now the most recent x-ray is all clouded over with what the vet says are growths. I couldn't believe it overwhelmed him so fast. He's still going, but with how fast it's come up I doubt he has more than a month left. Just make sure you're there with him when the time comes, he'll appreciate that.
>>
>>2103114
This happened to me one year ago. What I did was to find other things to distract myself. Like, keep finding things that help me to distract myself from this sadness. By the way, this happened to me when I was in the last semester of my shitty high school year, so things went from bad to worse during that time.

Also, I am gratitude that my beagle gave me the happiest and most memorable time in my life. Also, because of his death, I grew up spiritually and mentally; I realized the love and passion are belong to the people and things that deserve them, not the assholes and dirty cowards in my middle school.

Anyway, anon, I hope you do well. We will take time to recover from this sadness. You can do it.
>>
>>2105565
I think the puppers and doggos deserve it more than we do.
>>
>>2103114
Come to think of it, death comes to all, and your furry friend is not even an exception. We must accept this even though it's painful as fk.
>>
>>2103114
>How do you deal with the death of your pet?
Last week a duck thought he could fly and threw himself from second floor... duck stew for dinner.

2 days ago a big tilapia jumped into a tank with low oxigen levels and suffocated... fried fish for dinner.

Here at home we usually deal with the issue over dinner.
>>
File: p5050040.jpg (71 KB, 264x352) Image search: [Google]
p5050040.jpg
71 KB, 264x352
I've lived my entire life with dogs, specifically guard dog breeds. These are the best company a man can have. My father taught me how to raise and train them since when I was a child. When I turned 18, a new dog generation came (male and female), and since then I took the role of the leader.

Nine years later, the male died from terminal cancer. Last year, I had to put down the female due to advanced osteosarcoma. I am writing this with tears in my eyes and will probably never fully recover from their death. I can only hope I was able to provide them with a good life.

Sleep tight, puppers.
>>
>>2103695
Why did I laugh at this?

Oh, fuck you, anon.
>>
>>2103695
That's why humanity won't reach immortality. Their doggos needs them on the other side.
>>
>>2104450
I wonder but what do your pet dog eat while he's staying in the rainbow ridge? The pet chicken of your neighbor?
>>
Cry and be sad. It will hurt less with time and eventually it will hurt very little when you casually remember them. There's no other answer this is how grief works.
Best of luck I know how you feel
>>
Just leaving this here.
>>
growing up with a pet and watching them slowly get worse and worse with age really hurts
i lost my cat a few weeks ago
a few months back he started acting funny and he started losing weight a lot, drinking a lot
he was really old but we didn't know his age, he used to be a stray and kinda adopted us, doctor thinks he was 18+ though
turns out there was so many problems that he was just not coping
he had hyperactive thyroid, bad teeth, kidney failure, the lot
by the time we brought him to the vet he only weighed a few kg. the vet couldn't give him the usual euthenasia because his veins were collapsed so she had to give him an injection
i can still remember watching him fall asleep in my arms
the worst part is he looked really dazed and uncomfortable
i hope it didn't hurt too much, he didn't deserve to die painfully
>>
>>2103114
I have a stronger reaction to pet death than i do when members of my family die. Pets mean more to me than people.
>>
File: godwhy.jpg (65 KB, 540x924) Image search: [Google]
godwhy.jpg
65 KB, 540x924
The tortoise I found yesterday with its shell broken died just now. I thought he had a chance and even made an appointment with a vet, but he just couldn't make it in the final hours. I petted his hand for the last time and pretend that he is just hibernating. I tried putting some food in front of him but no matter what I try to do he just can't seem to wake up. This is the first time I've dealt with such pain, if only I could have found him earlier. Fuck my neighbour thinking releasing animals means putting it on a road.
>>
File: copy22.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
copy22.jpg
153 KB, 1024x768
My dog died at 13 years old on Friday. Its been really hard on me and all I can do is cry and stare into the distance. I can't sleep because all I can think about is how she is no longer there with me. I can't eat because it reminds me of how she would run up to me. I buried her with her little water dish and now it pains me to see the empty corner where it used to be. It just feels so lonely. She just woke up Friday morning dead so I never saw it coming, she seemed completely fine Thursday, its painful to even think about. My mind keeps going through what if scenarios, I wish I could have done something. I wish she was still here with me. I miss my little girl so, so much.
>>
>>2108352
Sorry buddy, saw the thread yesterday. Honestly he didn't have much of a chance and was probably dying by the time you found him. The shell is attached via the ribs, poor thing was completely smashed up. Vet would likely have just euthenized. Most heartbreaking thing I've seen here for awhile, at least you were there to give a fuck about him. Well done for making him comfortable and showing some compassion.
>>
>>2103114
you love your pet
your pet love you
that never changes ^o^
>>
>>2103114
You realize that it's an animal and while it's sad that it's dead it was always going to die before you and you can just get a new one.
>>
>>2107930
I don't think it was painful. From what I understand they give a sedative first, then the final injection, or maybe a mixture of the two together. The sedative would make them look dazed I imagine. I know it probably doesn't help, but 18 and up is a really long life for a cat so I'm sure he had really good care to make it that long and was happy.
>>
>>2108362
Sorry for you loss. You can only find comfort in the fact that you gave her the happiest life you could've. She loved you and was probably so thankful to have you.
>>
>>2108411
Have you owned a pet before? It's not about "owning" something. It's about the companionship and bond you have with this living creature
>>
>>2107288
this is what happened to my childhood dog. nobody ever got her fixed because she was a schnauzer and they were thinking about breeding her for a second and when they didnt they just didnt get around to getting her fixed. then she got a huge tumor on her stomach. it was like a disgusting open wound, too. it was awful. it was really surreal going to and coming back from the vet but i cried like a bitch during
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.