[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often does your dog poop /an/? Since my dog made the complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: fecal-scoring[1].jpg (167 KB, 800x579) Image search: [Google]
fecal-scoring[1].jpg
167 KB, 800x579
How often does your dog poop /an/?

Since my dog made the complete switch from puppy to dog food, he's only been going once a day. We did a gradual switch, and all during the gradual switch, he pooped 3-4 times a day, which has been the normal routine. Once we got to 100% adult food, he started only going once--in the morning. One small, firm, normal turd, and a little plop of softer turds.

He's not acting constipated (hunching over and coming up with nothing), not acting panicked to go, not lethargic, has the same energy/temperament as normal, eating the same amount, etc. He's just pooping less and the amount that comes out just plain doesn't look right for a dog who only poops every 24 hours.

For what it's worth, he's on TOTW. Normally I rotate flavors, but when he made the switch from puppy to adult food I kept the same flavor so it'd be less of a hassle.

Should I just get a fecal exam done and give myself peace of mind, or is this generally normal?
>>
>>2095216
Try adding some pumpkin to his food and give him probiotics if you are concerned.
>>
Mine only goes once or twice a day. He is fine but that does not mean that your dog is automatically fine too. Call your vet and see what they recommend
>>
pumpkin & kefir or natural yoghurt helps digestion
>>
I have a year old husky/pit mix. he poops about three time a day, sometimes two
>>
>>2095225
Actually, I normally give him a probiotic every day and we ran out around the time I made the switch. I'll pick up some more today.
>>
>>2095216
My golden retriever pup goes 3-4 times a day too. She used to go a solid 4 times, but now it's only 3 mor eand more.
>>
One of mine goes once a day.

The other will go once or twice. The other was sick for many years with a chronic issue, and he would go five or six times a day, but we stabilised him, and now he's quite regular and doesn't go nearly so much.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.