[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anny veterinarian here? This guy has lots of dandruff (small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160328_125516.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_125516.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Anny veterinarian here?
This guy has lots of dandruff (small dry and white kind) and little crusts all over his body (there isnt that much of them but they are all over his body not in one place) with i'm pretty sure aren't result of scratching
but he is quite itch all over the place especially on the back when someone touch him
>>
>>2094607
Try a dog shampoo with oatmeal, it's soothing to the skin. Make sure you use a moisturizing conditioner like with coconut oil. Brush him out and fully dry his coat.

Skin problems can be caused by allergies. Allergies to specific proteins are more common than grain allergies.
>>
>>2094607
The dog doesn't look well cared for. The answer is to first put it on a high quality dog food and bath it with oatmeal shampoo as suggested, once a month. If the problem persists you should take the dog in to consider allergies. Though, it looks and sounds like a grooming and nutrients problem.
>>
>>2094672
How do you know if a dog is well cared for?

I'm not OP but I'm always worried I'm fucking up my pupper
>>
>>2094684
If it's not starving to death or being beaten/tortured, and is being provided adequate food, water, shelter, and social interaction, it's well-cared for.
>>
>>2094684
The dog looks dirty and unbrushed and OP is talking about problems that are most likely related to low quality diet and grooming.

Just look at how ratty his tail is.
>>
Shit
>>
File: IMG_20160328_125504.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_125504.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>2094699
> how ratty his tail is.
you what???

and try to brush out all his fur in one sitting when he changed coat impossible
>>
>>2094737
brush 30 minutes every day, not all at once
>>
>>2094737
I don't see what these other faggots are talking about, looks fine to me.
>>
>>2094737
>>2094769
>>2094774
I get my dog professionally groomed on a regular basis + brushing her myself and her tail still ends up looking like that within a week.
>>
>>2094781
>within a week.
then you're not brushing every day?
do you get your hair done at the salon and expect it to remain perfect until you next visit? and roll in the dirt in the meantime?
of course fur looks like shit within a week of nothing being done to it.
the dog still looks like a nice healthy happy fellow, he's just not brushed and groomed every day.
>>
Your dogs tail does look a bit matted but otherwise fine OP

I have to brush out/cut out matted fur on my Akita's shanks and tail about once a month.
>>
>>2094787
I brush her out every few days, and 1-3 times a day I constantly just find myself combing through her while I'm watching something or just killing time. Hell, I even regularly spend a few hours plucking white hairs off my black cat. Think of it as people who are always playing on their phone absentmindedly, but instead I'm grooming my dog and cat.

They don't need to look perfect. I gave up trying to keep her a nice, bright white because that would require over bathing her. They can look scraggly. What's important is mats and when shit gets stuck in their fur, which my dog gets when she's rolling around in hay and burrs constantly.
>>
>>2094787

Who the fuck brushes their dog every day?
>>
>>2094607

Skin is a very broad topic, with literally hundreds of different diagnostic and treatment possibilties. It doesnt help that the symptoms you are describing are very vague and literally the descriptors of the majority of all skin conditions.

There is nothing veterinarians love more than diagnosising patient's problems via photograph.
>>
>>2094948
well im low on cash now and cant go to vet
especially since most of those fucers dont care and just wish to cash on

one killed my previous dog (allmost literally his fuck up and not carring killed her for a moment i feelt like killing him)
>>
>>2095385

Being low on cash is a bullshit answer. Find the money or dont have a dog. Im sure you have luxurious expenses that you could do without to scrape together a few hundred bucks to help an animal whose entire life literally relies on you. Figure your shit out.

And trust me, the majority of veterinarians are not wealthy or even well off. Owning and running a respectable clinic is extremelt hard to do, and most fail or struggle to get by. So unless your going to some corporate bullshit PetSmart Banfield then throw your best local vet a fucking office fee and at least get a clue about what the fucks going on.

Trust me, good real veterinary medicine isnt some bullshit Dr. Pol show so when a vet recommends spending some change to do some diagnostics they are usually looking out for the well-being of your animal and trying to get to the cause of things instead of trying to fleece you. But what do I know, maybe you live in some backwoods town where all the vets are shitty Dr. POLS in which cause god have mercy you truly are better off on some message board.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.