[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of dogs, in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: dog-07.jpg (3 MB, 2121x2317) Image search: [Google]
dog-07.jpg
3 MB, 2121x2317
What is your opinion of dogs, in general?
>>
File: puop.png (2 MB, 861x1108) Image search: [Google]
puop.png
2 MB, 861x1108
All dogs are good boys and good girls except pitbulls who are inherently evil.
>>
They make good pets but the majority of people really shouldn't have one
>>
>literally eats shit
>licks own ass and balls
>drinks from the toilet
>licks your face
>daww so cute
>>
>>2094155
Agree 100%. I live in Denver and I am so happy I can walk the streets without fear of being attacked by pittbulls like the one in your picture.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
Cute and fun to go on adventures with
>>
The majority are absolute garbage tier pets. As a general rule of thumb they're aggressive and people do a shit job at containing them. Then when they run out at someone walking down the fucking street, the owners just stand there calling the dogs name instead of going and grabbing their fucking animal.
>>
>>2094155
I took care of a pitbull for his 3 months and he was the nicest dog I ever met.
>>
>>2094778
>a dog bit me when i was 7 so all dogs are aggressive

human aggression was bred out of dogs 300,000 years ago
>>
>>2094778
>they're aggressive and people do a shit job at containing them

This is the fault of the owners, not the dogs themselves.

Case in point, small dogs are shitty in my experience, but I'd like them more if their owners treated them like actual dogs instead of accessories.
>>
I like dogs but wouldn't ever own one. Their relentless subservience grinds on me after a time while cats are endlessly entertaining, it's like living with a crazy person with a Napoleon complex.
>>
Best pet for companionship if trained correctly.
>>
>>2094282
I do at least half of these things and people never call me cute
>>
>>2094909
You're cute anon!
>>
Dogs seem to be great bros. I'd have one except I think I'm too autismal. I don't need a bro, I need a quiet housemate that can entertain itself for the most part. I also don't feel like walking a dog every day; I am very inconsistent in my life and have reminders on my phone just to feed my fish (and still miss days all the time).

I don't like that dogs do really gross stuff. My brother had a beagle, and it would always want to get into trash, sweaty shoes, worn underwear, used feminine sanitary products, all which I found utterly revolting. Maybe dogs can be trained not to do this kind of shit, and then maybe not all of them are drawn to this kind of stuff, I don't know. Beagles just seem to follow scents much sooner than they'll follow orders, and will get into anything if your back is turned. I don't want this to be a dogs-v-cat thing, but cats seem to actually avoid the same types of gross things that humans find to be gross, and then some.

I like the dogs are fiercely loyal. I like that they can be cute, as well as entertaining. I like dogs, but don't want to own a dog.
>>
>>2095007
>My brother had a beagle, and it would always want to get into trash

your brother's fault, not the dog's.

>will get into anything if your back is turned
if they aren't trained.

Most people have never met a trained dog in their life, because most people don't give a fuck about doing anything with even a modicum of effort. Nobody trains their dogs. Almost every dog in my apartment complex is dog aggressive.
>>
I have met more good dogs than I have good humans.
>>
dogs smell bad, their fur feels gross to touch and they make annoyimg loud sounds. but i'm fine with them so long as they're not in my personal space.
>>
cool animals, but the way they're perceived is extremely aggravating. you cannot just put your baby on the ground with the dog and leave the room so they can play. you cannot get a random dog off craigslist and assume they won't be aggressive. you cant approach random dogs and assume they don't have stranger reactivity. you can't just put two dogs together and assume they will be friends. you can't reach your hand into a dog's bowl and assume they don't have guarding behaviors.

the fact that people are brainwashed into this idea that all dogs are "hurr so innocent sweet man's best friend" is ridiculous. you have to understand dogs for what they are. animals with lots of teeth that have an entirely different way of communicating than we do and natural behaviors that can make them dangerous.

I work with dogs and love them, but really, they're not some special snowflake animal.
>>
I've grown to legit hate them over the years.
But that's mostly because 90% of owners are shit and shouldn't be allowed to keep animals of any kind.
>>
Dogs are Good People
>>
>>2094792
That's how I see it too. I'm uncomfortable with the whole need to train and subservience thing. They also generally make me depressed at how they act when you leave them alone and with their ridiculous greeting behaviors. Low doses of dog is best, so I like having friends who have them at most.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.