[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTD Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image[1].jpg (155 KB, 1251x1272) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
155 KB, 1251x1272
>QTDDTOT
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.
>doggy style edition
Ask your question, and then search the thread for a question you can answer too. If you have something you want to ask but isn't important enough for a whole thread, throw it down here.

My goilfriend has a dog with some sort of skin problem, she uses pic related on him. She also uses it on her own skin when she has a skin injury that she doesn't want to get infected.

My question is just HOW BAD an idea is this, mildly stupid or she gonna die stupid?
>>
>>2094123
>My question is just HOW BAD an idea is this, mildly stupid or she gonna die stupid?

google.com

gentamicin sulfate safe human
>>
What makes a kitty cat pee blood? Do some cats just do this with no issue? My cat has done it off and on, and I have had him treated. But he seems to have nothing wrong, I just give him some special CATCH ALL urinary problem food and Boom he's better.

I figured something like peeing blood would be a bigger issue, and my google searches would agree. The vet agreed too, but he never has any worse issues.

I live in the sticks though, and this is a simple country vet.

So do some cats just pee blood sometimes like it's no biggie? Boy cat by the way, pretty young too. And absolutely healthy seeming otherwise.
>>
>>2094438

Vet student here. Blood in the cat's urine is NOT normal. Without any further diagnostics, I couldn't really say exactly what is wrong, but what I would say is that cats often present with urinary crystals and this COULD be the case here.

I would be tempted to go find another vet/go back to your vet, get some diagnostics done (e.g a urine analysis) to rule out an infection and discuss renal diets on a permanent basis to see if that would help at all.

Cats hide pain extremely well, your cat may look six hundred percent healthy on the outside whilst being in pain.

>>2094123

Given its a corticosteroid and an antibiotic, not her best idea. I'd be tempted to give poison control a ring and see what they say. It can also cause birth defects in pregnant animals, so hope you guys aren't trying for a baby.

Please guys, don't use veterinary drugs on yourself.
>>
Is it possible to raise a dog or two if you work in the day? I notice most people who own dogs and work are couples or have multiple people who live in the house.
I'd be off on the weekends.
>>
>>2094457
It's possible don't worry!

A good option is a dog walker. They can come walk your dog halfway through your work day. You tell them how long, like a 15 or 30 minute walk. This gives your dog a break from sitting around the house.

You can also do daycare a few times a week. It tends to tire dogs out a lot so many dogs don't go every day. It's about $25 dollars a day in my town.

Provide mental stimulation like stuffed frozen kongs, treat dispensing toys, to entertain your dog while you're at work.
>>
>>2094448
They did do a urine analysis, but he wasn't bloody at the time... His pee was healthy.

>>2094457
>Is it possible to raise a dog or two if you work in the day?
I always recommend getting a second animal to keep eachother company if you cannot be there as much as you think you should be. My friend's dog and cat love eachother and always stay together. They even walk together when let outside. Inseparable. But I bet it'd be easier for you to get your dog friendly with another dog. You know him better than I do.

And make sure you got enough room for them to move around if you won't be there as often as you'd like. Outside, secure, access is primo. But a wide open, and dog-proofed house is certainly better than being looked in a room with newspaper.
>>
File: UnlimitedButterfly.png (1 MB, 1300x1314) Image search: [Google]
UnlimitedButterfly.png
1 MB, 1300x1314
>>2094123
What is the real deal with Cat Nip? I've heard it does to them what weed does to us.

If so, what does weed do to cats, and what does Cat Nip do to us?

pic unrelated
>>
>>2094615
it smells similar to pheromones
that's why not all of them eat it, but most cats will smell it/roll in it
it makes them super horny
>>
My dog likes to sleep under the covers. Should I worry about giving him the ol' Dutch oven?
>>
>>2094457
depends what you mean by "raise"

if you are meaning a puppy or two, then absolutely not. if you mean an adult, then yes, but you need to know what you're doing. introducing an adult dog into a house with a dog already established takes a lot of time, and leaving them alone unsupervised at first isn't a good idea. and integrating two new adults into a home together is possible too, it just takes time and effort
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x406
>>2094438
>do some cats just do this with no issue
>>
>>2094653
I have seen horny cats before, they are nuts.

My cat just gets chill as fuck, looks and acts like a stoned person.
>>
>>2094660
my dog gets offended and moves to the floor. but when I wake up, he's always right back next to me.

they always come back.
>>
>>2095499
>bitches
>>
i have 2 cats, a 9 year old and a 4 year, the 9 year old is a normal sized cat, maybe 10 pounds. the 4 year old is still the size of a 1 year old, maybe 5 pounds. whats up with that?

9 yr old is a siamese and 4 yr old is a calico
>>
>>2094668
>>2094613
>>2094564
Thank you, I asked about the possibility of two dogs in a house.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.