[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /an/. I don't come here ever but I have a problem.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: gato.jpg (281 KB, 615x1023) Image search: [Google]
gato.jpg
281 KB, 615x1023
Hello /an/.

I don't come here ever but I have a problem. A cat and rat problem.

I had a female cat, who gave birth to kitties around 5 months ago. The kitties grew. But one of the kitties is literally a hunting god. Birds, rats, you name it.

The problem is, I live with my mothers and my sisters, and while I consider the kitty a living legend, they are sick of him. They are sick of every morning finding either a dead bird or a dead mouse. He doesn't even eats them or anything, just hunts them for fun.

Just today, he brought 3 rats, and my mother was fucking furious. She's threatening to either give him away or castrate him. I consider him a really valuable asset since if he keeps hunting at this rate he's going to purge every mouse, rat or vermin he finds near my house.

What to do m8s.

Pic is the kitty. He's grown since then tho.
>>
If he found 3 fucking rats in one day you need that cat
>>
>>2094101Sounds like a fuckin awesome cat. Maybe your mom needs to go. Shit.
>>
>>2094101

Why the fuck did you let your cat breed?
>>
>>2094101
neutering him isn't the worst idea, especially if it brings your parents (mothers, plural?) some (completely illogical) satisfaction. also prevents cat overpopulation so it's probably just a good idea in general.

take it upon yourself to clean up the cat's kills, try to make it as unobtrusive as possible for your family if they find it disagreeable. explain to them that, as the other anon said, if your cat is bagging three rats in one day you have a rodent problem and this is the cheapest way you can possibly deal with it.

there's really nothing wrong with neutering your cats so i think that's a good compromise. it's not going to fuck with his prey drive after the (pretty short) healing process and he'll keep killing critters for sport like the cute, lovable, efficient little serial killer he is.
>>
>>2094102
I know, that's what i'm trying to explain to the public.

>>2094104
I love my mother and I love my cat, she just dislikes rats. A lot

>>2094106
The mother was like 5 months. We were planning to sterilize her but she was already pregnant. Too slut 4 me

>>2094111
Hmm, if you say he isn't going to stop being a godly hunter then I might give in. I just don't want my most based cat to lose his balls of steel. Also he's still somewhat small, so losing his testicles could affect his growth and development or something.

I end up cleaning all of his rat kills. They don't have an issue with birds corpses to be fair, just rats and mouses.

>mothers
typo
>>
>>2094122
>losing his testicles could affect his growth and development or something.
male cats in particular actually tend to grow larger when neutered than they normally would. either way, most cats you get from breeders are neutered before 12 weeks old and many go on to be let out and become efficient hunters as per their biological imperative. really, realistically you have absolutely nothing to worry about from neutering a cat at any stage in his lifecycle
>>
>>2094124
Neutering him will help him keep his kitten personality too. If you let him become a tom, he'll just turn into a sex starved, territory marking asshole.
>>
>>2094128
>This
>>
>>2094128
With a monsterously thick neck.
>>
>>2094128
He might even stop hunting altogether because he'll probably be focused entirely on getting laid. Definitely neuter him. That way you'll be keeping him as ferocious hunting instead of a lazy piss spraying jerk.
>>
>>2094122
OP, my neutered cat is just as you describe yours to be. I don't let him out without the leash anymore and so I thought the prey would stop showing up, but he actually managed to catch a bird while leashed and brought it into the house. Snipping doesn't stop them (much to my wife's dismay) and is a generally good idea of your cat is going to be outside a lot.
>>
Op tell your mom when cats bring these trophies to the door means he actually is thanking his owners for taking care of me in cat lingo. But neither him by cats will never stop hunting is in their genetics I own a cat neutered him he's still King cat beatingthe piss out of other neighbor hood cats (which I am proud of I hate my neighbors) but yea it'll never stop the "rewards" because he wants his family to know thankyou and he wants to be acknowlegded. So tell your dumb ass mom get on your man cats level and understand his cat language.
>>
>>2094122
Prove to her you need that cat, keep him inside for a while and keep him from hunting rats, your mum will be begging him to come back.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.