[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bratty Rottweiler Help Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: rotty.jpg (85 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
rotty.jpg
85 KB, 1280x851
I have an issue with my rotty. Shes the youngest of my 5 dogs and is the most outwardly dominant. One of our dogs who is also the oldest female is losing weight and i think the rotty could be responsible. could anyone give any advice to rectify this? we have a male but he doesnt seem outwardly dominant. the rotty claims all the food as hers and im afraid of her eating herself to death.
>>
>>2094034
bump for help
>>
>>2094034
feed them separately? it might seem like more work but if you give a shit about your dogs it's probably worth it. if you feed her alone and she's rejecting it, or eats and is still losing weight, she might be sick. it's probably worth it to just take her to the vet before doing that just to rule it out.
>>
>>2094034
Buy a shotgun, put all of those monsters down, and get a fucking cat. Dipshit.
>>
Feed them separately. Dominance is always worse with bitches, it'll just get worse. Don't let old doggo starve and young doggo die from obesity because you can't be fucked to feed them properly.
>>
Rotties have high rank drive, climbing the heirachial ladder for lack of a better term, she is striving to be the pack leader and will now be looking to dominate you. You need to be carefull and establish and reenforce dominance above all else.

You need to be supervising or feeding your dogs seperately. Remove her food intermittantly as she eats and correct any aggression she shows to you immediatly.

While playing and rough housing flip her onto her back alot and touch her throat alot.
>>
>>2094061
>cat owners are normal, well adjusted citizens, I promise!
>>
OP you haven't given nearly enough information for anyone to help you, "dominate" means jack shit. I would think feeding them separately would be common sense but if you aren't already, then do it. the fact that you have so many dogs is a bit concerning honestly

>>2095810
you're a moron, no one believes dominate theory shit except Cesar Milan and extremely old school trainers who think dogs are wolves. your way is just going to result in either getting bit or the dog thinking you're just playing
>>
>>2095835
>I don't know how to deal with a breed made for herding cattle and defending property
>I will raise a small insecure shitstain instead of a proper dog

You shits are the reason everything's being banned. Don't listen to this shithead who thinks dogs are solely good little critters.
>>
>>2095881
where in my post did I say anything like that? just that dominate theory was debunked a long-ass time ago. don't get triggered over your methods being scientifically and realistically inferior

I work mostly with dogs who are traditionally considered "difficult" breeds. and methods like yours only make them more difficult and sometimes even dangerous to work with
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.