[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sea Monkeys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 20160402_094135.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160402_094135.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So I decided to get some sea monkeys as office pets. What are some tips for long term keeping? Also where can I buy replacement packets? I'm having sort of a hard time finding them online.

I've been watching some videos also and people say you're supposed to aerate water with a pump that the kit is supposed to bring but mine didn't bring one, what's an alternative?
>>
>>2093950
they keep their populations alive pretty well by themselves, just get dead ones on the bottom out every once in a while.

every fish store should sell artemia eggs.
>>
>>2093950
>what's an alternative
A straw.
Why Sea Monkeys though? Fairy Shrimp are superior in every way.
>>
I live in Puerto Rico so the speciality stores here are super limited. We have petsmart and petco (I think)

How do I remove the dead ones? They're so small.
>>
>>2093959
Because >>2093960 pets can be kinda limited here. Plus they had them at wallmart and they were cheap.
>>
Can I transfer them to another container? Since they're gonna be at the office they're probably gonna need a water heater.
>>
>>2093960
Take a straw and succ them out
>>
>>2094022
Pls
>>
File: 1449581761436.jpg (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449581761436.jpg
230 KB, 1280x720
>>2093960
>>2094022
hes not trolling, put your finger onver the top end of the straw(make it airtight) and stick it down to the bottom, and hen release finger. the pressure causes the straw to suck it out, then put finger back on the straw ad remove straw.
>>
>>2094204
he's not. an easier way would to just get a syringe fill it with air and use it to airrate the water. it makes them last way longer. my roommate literally had his last for about a month or two. same setup too
>>
>>2094337
That's about what the last? A month? Do you just pour more eggs into the water after that?

Also any experiences with a water heater? The a/c in the office is pretty cold. Can they survive?
>>
Sea monkeys are one of the easiest to take care for. It would be bbetter to google than wait for answers.
>>
>>2095368
I'm not asking for care specifically but where to get the things I need for them. I already checked online but the pages either don't exist anymore or they're selling the original pack with everything.

I
>>
>>2095374
I saw some snack packets as well as some mating stuff ones. No idea where to get them though.
>>
Once the sea monkeys reach maturity what is the best way to clean and prepare them when you are finally ready to eat?
>>
>>2093950
If you're dead-set on sea monkeys, look up brine shrimp on ebay. You'll probably get a lot more hits.
I just ordered a shit-ton of them off of ebay for a few bucks to feed to my killifish.
>>
>>2096404
Make sure they're actually meant to hatch, too.
I got mine from this guy:
http://stores.ebay.com/Franks-Fish?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.