[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/an/ons, my dog is throwing up is it serious? what should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160402_014547757_TOP.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_014547757_TOP.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
/an/ons, my dog is throwing up
is it serious? what should I do? this isn't the first time in the last hour. Australian red heeler if that helps
>>
Most of the food is undigested, the white seems to be a mix of saliva and stomach fluids
>>
He occasionally does regurgitate/vomit but never to the point that it's regular like this
>>
>>2093268
what did he do before it started?
eat and then run aroumd or play?

If so, get him to the vet NOW, it could be gastric torosion. This can/will end deadly, in a matter of a few hours

if not, look at his gums, are they lighter than usual?
If so, should be poisoning
If the gums are light with red veins/popped veins visible, then it could be rat poison

a dog throwing up a few times in a row is not normal
>>
>>2093272
He's been inside all day, no rat poison or anything harmful to dogs that he can get to. There's some brownish liquid that just came up, I think it could be blood/digested blood but I'm not sure
I can't think of anything that could have poisoned him
we keep our food under lock&key, son has an eating disorder
>>
>>2093274
it looks to me that he puked up his food, so maybe he was playing or running after he ate?

Or was he just laying around after eating and just suddenly started puking?
>>
>>2093276
Laying/moping around
He was sitting with me while I shitposted on k/
>>
>>2093279
strange

so, did you check the gums?
Nothing abnormal?
>>
Fast a meal and monitor, if it continues take him to the vet
>>
>>2093286
>>2093318
Sorry I'm late
We took him to the vet, he wasn't able to figure out what it was but he kept him there overnight. We got him back just now, apparently there was just something in his stomach he wanted to get rid of.
>>
>>2093482
Well, hopefully that's the end of it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.