[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there laws in the US against torture breeding/animal cruelty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
Are there laws in the US against torture breeding/animal cruelty?

This guy breeds excessively large Neapolitan Mastiffs and this is his latest freakshow project... I sincerely hope this never happens. Surely there must be some legislation against selectively breeding negative traits into animals???
>>
File: images (11).jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
10 KB, 259x194
Pic related actual dogs from mesopotamia, absolutely nothing like this animal.
>>
>>2092822
>Chad Mayo
So it's the same guy who designed the abomination from the other thread?
>>
>>2092822
>millions of animals euthanized each year because of overbreeding
>thinks there are regulations
>>
>>2092893
Overbreeding?
>>
>>2092920

Too many animals, not enough homes
>>
>>2092822
>torture breeding

What?

He is selectively breeding by the sounds of it. Which is responsible for every dog/cow/chicken/ breed in existence today. Just because you dislike the trait he's breeding for doesn't make it immoral or illegal.

I personally think all non-working dogs are pointless but you don't see me crusading to make pug breeding illegal.

Quit trying to strip your fellow citizens and dog lovers of their freedom.
>>
>>2092962
This.

Animal rights is fine and all, but as soon as animal rights activist start to disregard human rights, I have a problem. The luxury of a few dogs shouldn't get in the way of a law abiding citizen's right to get the dog of his dreams.
>>
>>2092962
>>2092965

The dogs will not live past 6 and spend most of their lives on the operating table, Im not an animal activist I just dont want to see more dogs brought into this world which are going to end up in shelters because the owners cant handle their drool, foodbill and temperment.
>>
>>2092962
>>2092965
it's purposefully breeding animals that will have an absolutely shitty quality of life
>>
>>2092962
You're the same person in every thread that mentions working dogs. They're pointless unless you live in a area that calls for it like farms.
>>
>>2093023
Perhaps, but you must try to consider this from the human point of view.

Let's say that a guy has dreamed about getting a certain kind of dog for his entire life. When he finally gets the chance to acquire that dog, would you deny him that? Like I said, animal rights is good and all, but really, we must consider the well being of humans first and foremost. After all, we ARE human, and if you value the mere comfort of a few dogs over the quality of life of a fellow human being, you must have really twisted priorities.

Try to see the world from a HUMAN point of view, for once. Misanthropy has become such a meme.
>>
>>2092822
no

torture breeding isn't a real thing.
we don't pass laws against your imaginary monsters.
>>
>>2093032
If someone just wants to be a heroin junky, and that makes them happy, who has the right to stop them from that? What of pyromaniacs who like to burn their property or posessions? Or people who just like to key cars; that doesn't hurt or even hinder anyone.

I think there is a line. I think that is why we have animal welfare laws, why puppy mills aren't legal, because letting people do what they want isn't always the best course of action. Sometimes you have to step in because the majority of the population is retarded.
>>
>>2093032
>if someone doesn't get a horribly unhealthy dog that will die in a short period of time just because they want it, the human's quality of life will be harmed
are you retarded?

that's like saying its bad for the quality of life of pedophiles to not let them fuck kids
>>
>>2093033
the U.K. would like to have a word with you
>>
>>2093046
there's a reason we left the UK.
>>
>>2093038
>keying cars
>not hurting or hindering
>being this much of a nigger
>>
>>2093033
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
>>
>>2093119
terrorism and drugs both exist and demonstrably kill thousands of people a year.
>>
>>2093032
>would you deny him that?
In a heartbeat.
>>
>>2092822
>american molossus

that abomination looks nothing like a molossus
>>
>>2093161
I want to believe that there is an equal amount of wannabe breeder/ breed creators that are aspiring to make dogs look like said statue or other historical breeds again.. Bring history back. ACTUAL healthy/ interesting looking breeds. Not deformed Orc mounts.
>>
>>2093161

OP here... thats my point, he is selling a fairy tale that did not exist and in doing so is putting animals through unessacary hardship just to satisfy his own ego. If you want a Molossus Id start with a kangal or Ovcharka over a ancient bully kutta.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-10-11-25.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-10-11-25.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>2093176

Old English Mastiffs bought back to their former glory.
>>
>>2093180

This is what that dellusional clown thinks is a good Old English Mastiff...
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-10-11-37.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-10-11-37.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>2093180
>>
>>2092974
Amazing that you can see into the future, you should be a hedge fund manager.

>>2093023
How's this any different than english bulldogs, pugs, huskies of all breeds (how many of those get enough exercise to keep them sane), and thousands of other breeds of animal which are not bred for peak health, happiness, and longevity above all else? Should we never breed any large dogs again as they don't live as long as smaller ones?

>>2093025
Nope, I rarely bother with this board. I just don't see why you would own something with no practical use which requires so much time and money.
>>
>>2093032
you're an abject reject
>deny idealism
that is reality fucktard
>>
>>2093193
You being unable to look at the historical medical records for dog breeds is not an excuse for your ignorance, nor is wanton denial.

What happens to very larger humans? Guess who gets treated better...
>>
>>2093115
To be fair, it doesn't keep your car from running or you getting to work. It's just cosmetic
>>
>>2093198
The mountain seems to be doing alright.

You are making the argument no breeding should be allowed which may result in any type of health defects. So how is this any different than any of the breeding programs which produced modern dogs? Line breeding animals has consequences, just because you are too ignorant to know every breed had some unfortunate combinations of genes to get to the few which had the desired ones does not mean it is immoral to selectively breed animals for traits we desire.

This is thinly veiled fascism under the guise of animal welfare.
>>
>>2093180
Dog
>>
>>2093313

The mountain is not a puddle of fat, loose skin infections, cherry eye, dribble and hip dysplasia.
>>
>>2093468

This sounds like the majority of english bulldogs i come across, why are you not off arguinh against their continued breeding?
>>
>>2093503

Because the topic is about some idiot attempting a more extreme breed. You dont know what I do and do not argue for from one post on an anonymous message board.
>>
>>2093503
I'm not OP, and I would be perfectly fine with ending all useless breeds like english bulldogs that are horribly unhealthy and deformed purely for our entertainment.

And that's as dog-lover. If you were reborn as a dog, would you want to be some hideous mutant that has trouble breathing, has its eyes pop out accidentally, can run at half speed or less of everyone else playing, is too deformed to hunt or to protect any loved ones?

I don't blame the dogs themselves, it is the people willing to pay money for a fucked up monstrosity of artificial selection breeding that are driving the process.

And it doesn't require killing anything to do. Simply cross-breed them back with working dog breeds until the fucked up traits disappear, or if you're lazy - simply stop breeding them entirely, give them a happy neutered life. Either option wouldn't be worse than the life of an average dog of whatever breed.
>>
>>2093529
>If you were reborn as a dog, would you want to be some hideous mutant that has trouble breathing, has its eyes pop out accidentally, can run at half speed or less of everyone else playing, is too deformed to hunt or to protect any loved ones?
It's all relative.

you as a human are prone to millions of different diseases and deformities.

would you rather be dead?
apparently not.
>>
>>2092822
>Surely there must be some legislation against selectively breeding negative traits into animals???
How could there be? This is the only reason the creature you know as the "dog" exists today. They're horribly unhealthy mutants.
>>
>>2093574

Only since mid 1800's before then good dogs were simply bred to good dogs for whatever purpose they excelled at.
>>
>>2093530
most retarded strawman award of the year goes to the idiot who thinks the choice is
>shitty deformed mutant vs being dead
not
>shitty deformed mutant vs being an actual healthy dog breed

If you loved dogs at all you wouldn't be perpetuating these deformities.
Of course it sounds like you yourself are also inbred, so it makes sense for self-preservation.
>>
>>2093583
your mistake is in thinking a dog that's not born deformed will magically be some other dog.

that's not how it works, if you're not born you don't exist. You don't magically become Hulk Hogan just because your parents never fucked.

>it sounds like you yourself are also inbred
stupid people are funny
>>
>>2093583
You don't get to call other people retarded if your pushing the "it should be illegal to breed dogs which may have health issues" argument.

Deformed mutants describe the origins of basically all dog breeds.
>>
File: ertrre.jpg (9 KB, 358x141) Image search: [Google]
ertrre.jpg
9 KB, 358x141
death to china
>>
File: iuytre.png (563 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
iuytre.png
563 KB, 1280x1024
>>2092822
Death To China

for animal cruelty

i hope china will get nuked or at least
that nibiru hits them first
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.