[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet rememberance and appreciation thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20160326_154335.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160326_154335.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Had to put down my lil' leopard gecko Sparky today. He was such a good one. Such an inquisitive and all around super chill dude. Couldn't have asked for a better pet. He got to eat his favorite treat today before going which was watermelon! As soon as it touched his lips he blew up with excitement and went to town on the little pieces i bit off for him. He was about 14 years old. Had a nice long life and I can't complain about the times I had with him. Only wish I would've spent a little more time with him...sucks seeing an empty cage already. Just expect him to be there looking out his logs going "the hell you doing? the hell am I doing?". Feels bad handing him off to the vet and just seeing him stare back at your like where the hell am I going man and why am i not coming with you!?!? Nonetheless share pictures of pets you've had and stories with them?

I remember holding him on the couch and having to take it apart two times because I let him get into it ><. Dude just loved getting into trouble and exploring. Also loved biting my neck if I took him for walks and rested him on my shoulder like a parrot.

Pic related. A week or so before when he was shedding and I filled him skin up with water while it was still on him!
>>
>>2092429
...You aren't honest that you gave him watermelon are you?
>>
>>2092507
Careful, it's a bait post.

>>2092429
Well played OP, believable but you went just a little overboard, will probably trigger some of the usual /an/ autists

8/10
>>
>>2092515
This isn't even a bait post...this is a real post. Just had him put down m8. Only reason it seems like I went overboard is because that's my scatterbrained emotions for my lil guy. It's a legit OC pic man. I just wanted some people to share with me. Was hoping we could all reminiscence or what have you but...idk guess I expected /an/ to be slightly different from /k/ /b/ and /g/. Was really hoping for some dumb stories or pictures idk. But please feel free to share guys. It'd make me happy.
>>2092507
Are you going to tell me there's something wrong with that? If so please explain. Have fed fruit to my gecko for as long as he has been alive. Well...once I realized he actually enjoyed fruits and took to them himself.
>>
>>2092522
In either case I KNOW it was safe, some sources say they may eat certain things in the wild, as it's been apart of his life. I'm not trying to argue I was really hoping we could just share the love for our lost ones!
>>
No one has animals they would like to share or remember ><. Bummer.
>>
I mean feeding a leopard gecko watermelon is weird, but it isn't going to hurt it as long as the vast vast majority of it's diet is still bugs.
>>
>>2092675
Of course he ate crickets, meal worms, wax worms, black soldier fly larvae. He even ate strawberries and other types of fruit! It was his last meal before going :). Figured it was something nice to do as his send off ya know? Also does anyone notice how my name isn't anonymous?? I didn't do anything to change that lol. He was 14 years old so I wasn't the worst pet carer. He had a pretty kick ass life imo.
>>
They aren't dead but I don't have them anymore since they really were my roommates, but I miss our Savannah monitors. They were really great.

When they were small they would insist on climbing on top of and sleeping on my boobs. As they got bigger, only their giant heads would fit but they still insisted on having them on my tits. I would scratch their heads in a line between their eyes and they would fall asleep while I watched TV or started a vidja.

They would greet me at the door super excited that I was home. We would set live food loose so they could exercise their hunting drive and catch it. They would always catch it and bring it back to us looking so proud before eating. They were also quite curious and got into everything. Awesome pets
>>
>>2092895
Dead or not all stories/happy times are welcome here :)! Thanks for sharing.

They sound like they were really awesome and loving pets. I wonder if they could feel your heartbeat and thats why they liked it? Who knows! Most reptiles seem to be super chill creatures and those seem to be no exception!

Sounds like an awesome way to come home and have your guys/gals greet you.
>>
I'm still trying to figure out for what purpose you would put down a lizard
>>
>>2093082
My leopard gecko had some issues with his legs as well. I won't lie as it was part of my neglect on him. I put my hand on his leg and broke it when he was underneath a blanket. His legs (three of them) then began showing signs of MBD. This was even with calcionate syrup supplements and vit d3 dish. He had a heat lamp and heat mat. He had also become extremely lethargic almost never moving from one spot. He did move around but only 1-2 times a day/night (sometimes not moving at all during the nighttime). He was having difficulty moving and supporting himself. He could barely hold onto fabric let alone his decor.

He went from 100+ grams to around 70~ grams in 2-3 months. Then another 2-3 months pass by and he was 53 grams.

He also kept his eyes closed or one eye a lot. I do blame myself for neglect in some areas in his life. It just all seemed to happen so fast. Trust me when I say I feel bad about but I believe it was in his best interest as he seemed to continue downhill. I didn't want him to waste away in pain.
>>
File: 20160326_154316.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160326_154316.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>2093087
He was still eating I will add but continued to lose weight. His legs had become practically sticks unable to support himself. His spine began showing and his tail had next to no fat. It was the right call as I believe my neglect coupled with old age was taking it's toll. I believed his quality of life was deteriorating and did what was the humane option. After all the least I can do was offer him a quick and painless way out. (They used gas to put him to sleep then needle in stomach to cease his life). Here's another pic of my lil guy :).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.