[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my parents have this big dog, still a pup. They keep in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
So my parents have this big dog, still a pup. They keep in a small enclosure by day, by night he is free.
Main reasons are: he shits everywhere (have to train him to do it in one spot behind the house), he sometimes digs and ruins my mom's flowers, other than these there is concern about the safety of people entering the yard...

Any advice?
>>
So does he not dig at night? I don't see where it is okay to let him out at night but not in the day?
>>
>>2092122
How big is the enclosure, are you talking a box sized thing or a shed or a big enough run?
>he shits everywhere
He still a pup but will be needed to train him out of it
>he sometimes digs and ruins my mom's flowers
Can be trained out of it.
>other than these there is concern about the safety of people entering the yard...
Whats the concern him getting stolen or him attacking? Either way invest in a fence.

Do you think your parents are good owners? Because it sounds like they tend to be the time to get a dog, get bored and have a glorified lawn ornament.
>>
>>2092173
How do I train him out of this?
About the size of a shed, he can't gallop around.
There is a fence, and the concern is about him attacking people, he displayed a bit of aggressivness towards a gipsy
>>
>>2092122
>Any advice?
let him out, more human interaction
why are you keeping him locked up in a shed?
>>
File: rehehehe.jpg (61 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
rehehehe.jpg
61 KB, 900x900
>>2092184
Well he is a puppy so he is not house trained, train him not to poop inside or pee DO NOT RUB HIS NOSE IN IT, basically give him a firm NO if he goes inside and take him out every so often, if he goes to toilet outside reward him.

As for the digging, a firm no should do but It is probably due to boredom, my dog digs in the garden when is bored or stressed. Best solution to this is exercise usually a walk is best but if you're lazy get a ball and throw for him.A walk for a dog is like heroin.
A dog should at least get a good walk once a day but since he is a puppy do not walk him for long distances or he may have problems when he is older.

Well luckily he is still a puppy, you need to correct him for this and socialize him properly, you do not want a stranger aggressive dog it sucks, it really fucking does.
Google the dogs breed and their socializing needs, he may need little or a lot.
Basically you have to get him use to strangers and associate them with good things more or less.
Get signs too, good ones that say shit like DANGER DOG WILL BITE, shit like beware of dog doesn't work and you will get the odd retard who thinks the signs are a joke or a dog doing spins and snarling is just being playful so you have to be watchful too.
If he is just aggressive to Gypsies it may be because Gypsies are generally afraid of dogs and nervous dog do not like fear, not to be /pol/ retard or anything but a dog who dislike Gypsies is not a bad thing either.

By the sound of it your dog just needs some basic training, socializing and something to releave the boredom.
Some tips though, only use negative reinforcement as a very very last resort, positive reinforcement works a lot better and hitting your dog can lead to social problems.
Pack theory and dominance is bullshit, cezar is a shithead.
Get a book on dogs or google around, google the dog's breed too. Don't listen to people around, you a lot of people think they are dog expert but are actually retards.
>>
>>2092207
>Well he is a puppy so he is not house trained
My puppy is housetrained, has been for months. A puppy of 3 months should already be housetrained.
And don't give him a no, just carry him out as soon as he squats.
>>
>>2092202
lel
not a shed, see pic in first post
>>2092207
he's not allowed indoors

My parents should do the training as I visit them once every month or so

Well yes, it was confirmed that the gipsy was fearful indeed.

He is a mixed breed between Giant Schnauzer and romanian shepherd dog. Will turn 1 year in july I believe.

And as a note, he had his tail cut off by the jackass that had him before
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.