[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tldr: cat died, need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1437684876547.jpg (116 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1437684876547.jpg
116 KB, 500x636
Okay I need help. The short story is my cat was getting lethargic and thin so I took her to the vet on Saturday; unknown liver problems and daily IVs were the result. A few days later after no improvement I brought her in again, got an ultrasound and the tldr is I had to put her down as there were no options other than to let her die in misery.

This cat was everything to me, I had her since I was 8 and have never cared so much about another living being nor has one given me so much unconditional love, I'm just lost. I feel physically sick when I think about the fact she actually died and that I'll never see or hold her again (had to walk out before putting her down, hate me all you want but I couldn't do it) while occasionally breaking down and crying when thinking about her at all, normally when I felt horrible she'd be around to comfort me but I don't even have this.

Even through my own selfish desires to keep her alive, there was no reason to; the cat I knew was already gone and the one that laid before me was a lifeless husk lying in pain with her internal organs going full retard. Making the decision to euthanize her wasn't the hard part, forcing myself to walk out of the room and never see her again was, and at that that was hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I had the option to take her home for a day but what good would that have done for anyone? I'd just be more depressed, have to make another goodbye and she'd suffer longer. Between the crying and nausea I'm not sure if my numbness is from already mentally letting her go (let's face it, even on Saturday I was already starting to lose it and knew this wasn't going to end well) and accepting it or if I'm still in shock and denial. I don't feel guilty, there's nothing I could have done, I had no way to prevent this but I just feel terrible.

I don't even know what the point of this blog was but if anybody can help me feel less like shit I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>2090521
You did your best to give her a good life....grieve her, then get a kitten when you feel ready....tc Anon
>>
>>2090525
>then get a kitten when you feel ready
It disgusts me to even think about this but I was planning to after a while.
>>
>>2090521
I'm this anon
>>2090495

I have also other cats... they semi live inside and outside. If I lose this one I am considering letting them all go. I don't want to go throught this loss again.
>>
>>2090529
Jesus, except for the seizures part that's exactly what happened to mine. Wouldn't eat, had jaundice due to the same reason, walked "funny" (weak from not eating) and puked.

What do you mean "let them all go", though?
>>
>>2090531
I don't know, let them outside and do not let inside. At least gradually. Try to distance myself. Let them go.

Worst thing is this sick one was the best one in all of them. In terms of staying good. Like quiet, never did anything mischavious or misbehaviour. Always calm and quiet. People were always surprised at her because she was so calm like a toy cat. It literally tears my heart to see her in pain. I feel your loss and I am sorry. Yet life continues in one way or another. At least you know your cat had a nice loving life in a home instead of on the streets hungry and wet and injured etc.
>>
>>2090534
Honestly you should give the cats to someone you know will take care of them, I really doubt they'll survive outside on their own [permanently]

I do appreciate the replies, though.
>>
>>2090539
well not like street. I have a big garden with lot of other cats. like half feral. I still give them food and all. just maybe less time inside.
>>
>>2090545
I mean you should either just keep them or remove them from your life by giving them to someone else. I can already tell you this compromise won't work
>>
Hey OP, took me 4 bawling my eyes out to read that. Never got to say goodbye to my cats and found out recently one disappeared and one was run over. Miss them so fucking much, I'd do anything to see them again, and yet I never will. I don't envy you pain bro, but I envy that you got to be there, albeit in the next room. I just want to scream 'til I pass out, it hurts so much. Hugs to you
>>
>>2090547
Really appreciate it. I don't really know if I even wanted to be there as actually making the conscious decision to let go was by far the worst part.
>>
>>2090521
We know your pain. The hurt will lessen and you will enjoy your memories. When you are ready, go to a shelter and save another cat.

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/poetry/p221.aspx
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.