[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found baby mouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So I found a tiny baby mouse during an egg hunt and I want to keep him. Can /an/ tell me how to care for this particular species? I found him shivering and he won't move unless I touch him.
>>
>>2089924
The kind known to almost always carry from birth tapeworms, roundworms and hookworms...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Well I'd like to keep him if he doesn't have all that.
>>
Get rid of him before you get the plauge m8
If you want a mouse just go to a pet store
>>
Will a .177 do?
>>
>>2089955
Should be more than enough
>>
>>2089955
Or you could just, you know, put it outside where it came from.
>>
>>2089924
http://mouseranch.com/FYI/orphans.shtml
>>
>>2089924
fucking mosue expert over here
is he hunched over and lethargic?
i found like 4 of these in my life
they always die real fast
get 2 fancy mice
>>
He won't move unless I poke him or something and he does look like he's hunched over. He also did some really rapid tapping with his paw once.
>>
>egg hunt

Underage?
>>
My parents were hosting an egg hunt at our house and I have a lot of younger cousins and they found the mouse and told me and I just picked it up and put it in an old fish tank
>>
>>2090166
Fish tank will overheat him and he'll die. Just release him
>>
>>2089924
>>2090154

Sounds sick, possibly dying. Doubt it'll live long, and there's the risk it could pass something on to you. Even if it was healthy, wild animals usually die from stress and shock in captivity. Put it back where you found it before you either catch something off it, or it dies from stress.

If you want a mouse, just buy a tame one. It'll make an infinitely better pet.
>>
>>2090261
It's highly unlikely you'll catch something from it. Maybe parasites, but all you need to do is not put mouse shit in your mouth. Most external parasites aren't zoonotic even between rodents.

Just put it outside, OP. If you want mice, get two female mice (males will slaughter eachother) and a decent sized cage. Wild mice won't ever become friendly. There are a good amount of experienced mouse owners who take the time and effort necessary to make them friendly, but you don't sound smart or experienced enough.
>>
>>2090164
Nah, he's probably one of the "adults" who ruined that egg hunt.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.