[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /an/ think of my weird hobby (these are all found as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
What does /an/ think of my weird hobby (these are all found as they appear here in the wilderness)
>>
Is it really any weirder than killing them and having their heads mounted on a wall? I don't think so.
>>
>>2088772
I do the same stuff, but I usually sell the sheds.
>>
Cool, OP.

This is my weird hobby too, but I'm just starting out so I don't have much of a collection.
>>
Meh, at least you aren't using them as sex toys
>>
Wish I had deer in my area, I pay a pretty penny for antlers for my pupper
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 640x1136
>>2088774
>>2088777
>>2088780
>>2088781
All my friends think it's weird because I'm vegan. But I don't find anything non-vegan about appreciating the beauty of the natural world in all its forms.
(Pictured is my favourite skull I pulled out of a creek (bottom) and my most recent skull find (top))
>>
File: image.jpg (1021 KB, 2353x2353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1021 KB, 2353x2353
>>2088787
Oh man I can't even imagine cutting up my antlers!! They're so precious and beautiful
>>
>>2088794
Yikes, do you generally have obsessive/hoarding tendencies? I'd keep an eye on that
>>
I desperately wish I had antlers. I mean, in my head, like a deer. But red deer like.
>>
New Antman
>>
>>2088772
>all found as they appear here in the wilderness
Gross. So you don't clean them off?

I'd honestly find it less weird if you gave them to beetles to clean, and scrubbed 'em clean afterwards. But having dirty 'as is' bones in your home is a little creepy

I like shit like that. Bones, taxidermy, stuff in jars. I love the idea of having those beetles and giving them things to clean
>>
>>2088896
Lmao they've obviously been cleaned. All I meant by "they've been found as is" is that I didn't kill or directly cause the death of these animals. None had flesh left on them and they've all been rinsed, degreased and sterilized. Except for the antlers which were just rinsed.
>>
That's awesome. I had two huge merino raw skulls and a smaller goat skull at one point. Then I had to reduce my possessions abruptly and dramatically for Reasons, and I had to get rid of them really quickly. I put them up on my local Freecycle and I ended up getting some twenty odd replies in just a couple hours. It took about two weeks before I stopped getting them, even though I flagged the ad as 'taken' about half a day later. A lot of people wanted them. I can start collecting again if I wanted, but I'm in the middle of the city and I'd have to buy them. I still have a fox skull and a lower jaw bone that I took from roadkill. All of the teeth fell out as I was cleaning it. I've still got the teeth and I keep promising myself that I'm going to get my act together, print out some fox dental charts and glue everything back into place.
>>
>>2089555

*merino RAM, not raw
>>
>>2088772
>>2088792
>>2088794
They look good, but cmon, put them outside. You could hang them properly as well.
It looks kinda creepy or weird how you have it.
>>
>>2089558
Sorry, sorry. Not OP, left it by mistake.
>>
>>2089565
I'm planning on putting/hanging them in various places in and outside my house. Where they are now is temporary storage but also I just don't agree that they're creepy or weird.
>>2089555
I feel you I have another very small mule deer buck skull that got damaged on my way home and both eye sockets and half of the top teeth broke off and I keep forgetting to buy glue so I can put it back together... But it's gonna be in pretty rough shape even after its fixed so it will be an outside skull anyway.
>>
>>2089729
Well ok, maybe I was being exaggerated.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.