[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /an/ How do I stop my stupid relatives from breeding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1445288389332.jpg (23 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1445288389332.jpg
23 KB, 337x450
Help me out /an/

How do I stop my stupid relatives from breeding the dogs

It's a fucking madhouse in here lately. My grandmother has two unspayed females. My mother (with the rest of her litter) just moved in with her and brought her unneutered male. One of the females started her heat a few days before she moved in which brought the second dog into heat recently

Ive been keeping one of the girls in my room but the other one cant be kept with her because they fight. I've been trying to keep the other two separate (one in the house and one in the yard) but they call to eachother so loudly it disturbs the house and neighbors. My mother was told to just keep her dog in her room until she moves out but doesnt want to and insists that her dog cant GET ours pregnant because he's too short and they're too tall for it to happen. I tell them all that he's not going to stop trying and will succeed eventually but none of them listen to me

The girls are a standard pit and a slightly taller ridgeback-mix. The male is bulldog/pit-mix that she thinks is a Gotti but is probably just a mutt.
He's admittedly pretty short but hasnt stopped trying to mount the ridgeback since she went into heat and im fairly sure that, given the time and determination, he WILL succeed

before you say it, no one wants to pay or put in the effort to get the dogs fixed.

My main issue is dealing with puppies and the mother for the next 6 months. The ridgeback is temperamental and prone to starting fights with the other girl in which she grabs onto the pits throat and chokes/strangles her until she stops struggling. I have no doubt that with puppies and motherly aggression, she'll outright kill the pit

I dont WANT to resort to shoving the male out the door while everyone is gone but its looking to be my last resort.

Any advice? Pic unrelated
>>
>>2087776
>before you say it, no one wants to pay or put in the effort to get the dogs fixed.

Does this include yourself? Because given the situation, if you think you could get away with taking the male to be fixed (there are usually many low cost options at shelters) without being kicked out or something else extreme, I'd say it's worth pissing them off to avoid puppies.
>>
>>2087782
>without being kicked out or something else extreme

ive thought of it but I dont feel like getting beat for it. She thinks the dog is going to make her money despite the dog being a half-deaf, seizure-y mess(another issue they cheerfully ignore).
>>
>take male to get fixed
>pretend he's run away or been stolen for a couple of days
>have him at a friend's house or board him in the meantime
>HEY GRANDMA I FOUND HIM LOOK
She won't notice the difference. You all win here. Neuters aren't expensive. Just fucking do it.

>inb4 grandma asks why balls are deflated
I'm sure you can come up with some kind of funny story.
>>
>>2087776
poison them. im not even joking, what is happening is dangerous and its the right thing to do. you probably wont be suspected and you definitely wont get charges, and even if you do its just civil charges for destruction of property.
>>
If you're willing to get the male neutered, there is a product called Neuticles, which are basically prosthetic testicles for dogs.

We used them to trick brown guys with pitt bulls all the time.
>>
>>2087776
op are you white

your situation sounds hella white trash
>>
>>2087865
Black actually

your point still stands though
>>
Anonymously drop the male off at a shelter. Say he got out.
Afterwards, look up shlters and pretend to 'find him". Most shelters won't let a dog leave without being neutered. Check their rules first though.
>>
>>2087871
This may be a slippery slope. First, if you 'find him' before the stray hold is up, you get the dog back as is- meaning no neuter. If you wait until he is adoptable, someone else may grab him. Or, they may find he is too unhealthy or whatever to adopt out and put him to sleep. Another thing to consider is if they take your info upon surrendering a stray, and if so, if they will find it suspicious that the person adopting has the same last name and address as the person surrendering.

If you really want, it is a possibility though. Just don't expect this way to be the easy way
>>
Look into programs in your area. Sometimes you can find one that covers part of the surgery or all depending on the owners situation and if they're disabled.
>>
>>2087804
> getting beat by your mom and/or grandmother

if you're that much of a pussy there's really nothing you can do here. sorry but you're fucked
>>
>>2087973
This.

Fucking take action. It's for the animal's welfare.
>>
A lot of animal shelters do neutering for surprisingly low prices. There's even some cases where they have certain months throughout the year (usually spring/summer) where they'll have discounts/half-off specials for neutering. Which usually ranges around the 40$ area. Sometimes less depending on the place.

Also, don't be a pussy when it comes to your family. It's for the sake/health of the dogs. If they bitch then that's their problem, but the dog's health and the health of future pups shouldn't be put on the line.
>>
>>2087973
>>2088003
>>2088027

that beating is a precursor to getting kicked out. If I had somewhere to go, i'd be long gone already.

>>2087881
Most shelters in my area are full. If I took him to a shelter they'd put him down immediately
>>
You could always look into the costs of what a pit bull mutt pup goes in your area vs the cost and time (lots of awfully smelling poop) it takes to raise them to see if it's worth it.

Maybe they will change their tune when they realize a $15 profit is not worth a house smelling like shit for 6 weeks
>>
>>2087804
Getting beat for it? What backwards culture do you love in where people hit each other to solve conflicts?

Seriously though, if you don't own the dogs, don't try to get them fixed and don't help them out at all with the puppies. Not your dog, not your problem. It will be a problem if you get one fixed without the owners permission.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.