[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is neutering my dog a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: dog9.jpg (65 KB, 800x544) Image search: [Google]
dog9.jpg
65 KB, 800x544
>be me
>work at electric company for 12 years(16-28)
>go to johns hopkins hybrid classes for data science
>get sick and be in hospital for 3 months
>collect workmans comp
>online classes
>go back to work for 2 months
>get sick again
>be in hospital for 3 months
>collect workmans comp
>go back to work for 2 weeks
>get a puppy
>be late one day
>get fired
>get sick again
>be in hospital for 3 months
>collect unemployment
>move in with parents
>take my dog
>get another job
>planning on moving back out in May
>can't take the dog
>mom says i must neuter the dog if i want to live here or him to stay
>she makes an appointment for friday
how do i convince her this isn't a good idea? is it a good idea? i've heard things from both sides, but i just don't want to do it. the dog seems depressed, like he knows.
>>
>like he knows
animals have no concept of gender identity

it won't care

he's a dog.
>>
>>2086842
Why the fuck would we want your life story, jesus.

Neuter yourself while you're at it.
>>
>>2086845
that's exactly the kind of idiocy i see on the pro neutering pages. not talking about gender identity retard. you've read too many feminist vegan blogs. its getting surgery, wearing a cone, getting a part of its body cut off, and who knows, maybe diabetes
>>
>>2086846
feel like i have to explain why i'm even considering it
>>
>>2086842
The hell are you talking about?

Here's a board to better educate you.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2086847
dude what the fuck are you even talking about

you made a thread asking if neutering was a good idea, surely shouldn't that suggest you were seeking differing opinions and not just ass pats? seek fucking help
>>
>>2086845
this is dumb
>>2086846
>>2086846
good contribution
>>2086847
neutering is a bad idea unless you're a bad owner and let your mutt fuck around and fuck around town
>>2086849
don't explain yourself to retards
>>2086851
>shitposting
>valid opinion

pick 1

All in all OP, don't get your pupper neutered, its the equivalent of a NEET getting a vasectomy 'just in case' they have sex once in their life.

Health benefits are zilch, like amputating your arm to prevent the chance for papercuts.
>>
>>2086854
was i shitposting? if you want people to lick your cancer mole ass and affirm your insane ramblings, then go to /adv/

it doesn't fucking matter if your dog is kept indoors, a dog will do anything to reach a bitch in heat. it will even chew through drywall.
>>
>>2086851
gender identity of the dog isn't relevant >>2086854
only normal response. all the replies who want to cut dogs dicks off are very mad about it for some reason
>>
>>2086858
because many people seem to believe the dog will feel insecure in its masculinity when its a fucking dog. see: manbaby cavemen mourning dog balls in previous neutering threads
>>
Ask you vet OP. Also, I would try to find the dominent bredd in your dog (if its a mix) and see if that breed is at risk for testicular cancer. If it is, get him neutered, if not, consider waiting till the pup is fully grown so his hormones are intact until everything is done growing.

I personally have not seen enough science either way, so I feel like waiting till they are fully grown is a good compromise. Also, getting a dog fixed does not guarantee it will solve any agression issues, training will do that.

If your interested, pick up an Ian Dunbar book.
>>
>>2086856
yea, i wanted advice and maybe learn something i didnt know, like why it would be good if it is
>so, you think i should do it? it's a pitbull, so it's aggressive already. how much will the neutering really help? there's not really any bitches around for it to go after. none of my neighbors have dogs.
>>
>>2086861
then i apologize for being abrasive and assumptive

dogs will do anything to breed, even through bars, and there's no way of telling if your dog has done so in the time it has escaped (if such a thing were to occur)

in my experience it has always made a calmer dog
>>
>>2086860
thanks, i asked my vet, but i feel like 'pet smarts' vet would be bias since they're a corporation and would want to neuter as many as possible to help their bottom line
>>
>>2086842
>the dog seems depressed, like he knows.

i wish people of average intelligence weren't allowed to own dogs.

your dog doesn't care about being neutered. pets are to be spayed and neutered period. there is absolutely no other recourse if you want to be a responsible owner.

when your dog gets out and creates puppies it creates suffering in the world. you allow more suffering to exist because you don't want your dog to be "depressed" which is what you'd be if you lost YOUR balls which has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR FUCKING DOG.

you're already clearly a person who makes awful decisions, since you got a dog in the midst of not being able to stay healthy, so at least make one correct decision.
>>
>>2086863
i was hoping there was more to it than just making the dog calmer. that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to neuter it. cancer is a good reason, though. i have to find if pits are susceptible to it.
>>
>>2086842
Neuter your fucking animal, you retard.

>but I'm a good trainer, he won't behave badly like every other intact humping mongrel

You're in denial about your worthless training skills. Neuter the fucking dog.

>he won't knock up the neighbor dogs, there aren't any/I keep him leashed/I have a fence

You have no idea how far a dog will go to fuck, and all it takes is one slipped leash. Neuter the fucking dog.

>but I don't feel like it

Fortunately, it sounds like your mom is taking care of it for you. Listen to your fucking mom.
>>
Why neuter if he's going to be an inside dog? IF you have him constantly outside, the yeah, cause he might get tired of your shit and try to break free.

I've yet to get mine neutered so I can find a female, so when he dies, I have a somewhat clone of him.
>>
>>2086842
Nah don't neuter him so your mom can take him to a shelter where he will get neutered or die. That's a much better course of action
>>
>>2086864
Honestly, you should be taking him to a few different vets, feeling them out, and stick with the ones that seen to genuinely care about your dog and don't just rush through things or try to line you up with appointments. It took me a year, but now I have a vet that lets me know if it's not a priority to bring my bitch in, who I can call in the middle of the night for an emergency and they have a night system to direct me to an on call vet if needed, and she never tries to shove shit down my throat, but just informs me of the details and lets me make a decision whether I think it's best for my dog.

Once you find a vet like that, that cares about the animal and not the money, then you know you're in good hands and can trust their opinion while still having your own in mind.
>>
Also
>living with mommy
>'waaaaaah mommy won't let me have my way, help me tell her she's a bad mommy'

Her house, her rules. Maybe if you weren't such a fuck up you wouldn't have to move in with mommy dearest.
>>
>>2086865
but i think he understands english and he knows what were doing. i'm pretty sure he's weighed the risks and benefits he hears me reading out loud from vet sites and he doesn't seem think its a good idea. i can see it in his face. he knows. j/k no other option? write off anything else you say after that. i dont think he really knows, dude, but dogs can get depressed. not neutering doesnt necessarily cause suffering. you're an idiot. you cause suffering
>http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/features/depression-in-dogs
>>
>>2086860
Caesar Milans book is much better
>>
>I want my dog but won't follow the rules set down by the owners of the house I'm leeching off of
>I'll try to find a way to convince them even though they'll be the ones the burden falls on!

OP, you're a minor, we can tell by you terrible writing, your life story and your inability to grasp how greentext is used. See:
>>2086861

Fucking kids, man.
>>
>>2086873
Of you're going to troll this hard, don't give up this quickly. I mean he'll we aren't even half way to 50 replies yet
This was going good and you ruined it OP
>>
>>2086872
>>2086867
i paid her 400$ a month for the last 6 years, that's why i can stay here. she can't tell me no. i could just refuse but i dont want to unless i have something real to back it up. maybe she was right, i d/k, but i think now, after reading some stuff from that ian dude
there's more risks than benefits.
>only 3 reason 2 neuter. cancer,aggressive, breeding
>training, cancers not likely, training to tran my dog and i have a fence with chicken wire under it at the house i'm moving into. my dogs not an escape artist. i work from home now and i'm smart enough train it not to attack dogs. just won't let it around bitches. i've made up my mind after finding this http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/09/30/neutering-health-risks.aspx
>>
>>2086874
I'm not going to argue which one is better, but compared to cesar, Ian Dunbar has years of schooling and studying dog psychology and behavior, and there are lots of other people that have put in the time and effort to figure out why dogs act the way they do.

So personally, I just don't trust Cesar to really know his shit. You can use him if you want, but I've tried in the past and it didn't work nearly as well as positive training did for me.
>>
>>2086880
>my landlord can't refuse me!
>I'm living in mommy's house, how dare she deny her son his every wish

I heard 'muh balls' is a good argument and I think you could convey that one pretty well.
>>
>>2086880
>I work from home now
>work from home
>work
>still lives with mommy

Pathetic.
>>
>>2086867
It's not that hard to keep an intact dog unless you're just fucking lazy, aren't giving your dog enough stimulation so it wants to stay home, and don't have a recall command down.

I've never fixed my dogs till after they were two years old and I've never once had one with issues or that wanted to escape, or that I couldn't call back to me if it started wandering too far.

Train your fucking dog and don't be a lazy shit, it's not hard.
>>
>>2086890
i'm having a house built and didn't want to waste any more money renting if i might be back in the hospital. would rather give it to mom
>>2086891
this
>>
>>2086875
>>2086892
he'll only be here for 2 months without me. i'll go in may, but the fence wont be put in until july, after the pools done, so i wont be taking him there right away
>>
>>2086893
Why did you make this thread asking for advice if you are biased and dead set on an answer already? A main symptom of sociopathy is doing anything to inflate your ego. Seek help.
>>
>>2086880
>cancer not likely

Sigh. Every time. Let us know when you're sobbing because you had to put your dog down cause of a mysterious growth squeezing its organs.

If this isn't bait, neuter the fucking dog, retard.
>>
>>2086892
>I live with mommy because I'm to cheap to live on my own
>I rely on mommy so I can have more .money to spend on games
>but I still have to get my way even though I'm using my mother

Your mother should kill herself for raising such a brat
>>
>>2086899
clearly, i wasnt dead set, but the bias was not hidden. it's evident in OP. she took him to the vet the other day because she wanted to ask the vet about ticks and fleas, she came back convinced getting him neutered was a good idea. vet sold it to her. just wanted to know what to show her to see both sides i wanted more info. maybe something that wasnt so easy to find by just googling. maybe somebody would have told me something that would make me change my mind.that being said, i still might do it, though. i just want to make an informed decision and also have something to show her because she wont do any research herself.
>>2086904
cancer isnt likely. only 1.8% of dogs get it. by your logic there's no point in getting a dog at all.
>>2086913
kek, u r projecting. learn how to read, she's benefitting from it and still will after i leave. i'll give her money til the day she dies. she may wind up living with me in another 10-15 years and i dont have any games, literally not even 1. don't have time to play games. when i get a chance, i go out.
>>
>>2086920
>my mommy has to break her back to meet my needs because I might take care of her someday instead of sending her to a nursing home
>might
>>
Spay and neuter your pets.

Not sure what's so complicated about this.
>>
>>2086949
kek, she doesnt work. 57 and retired
>>
>>2086842
THERE ARE ZERO RISKS TO SPAYING OR NEUTERING YOUR PET

LITERALLY ZERO

unless you use Uncle Buck's Quick-Fix-For-Fucks that he runs out of his garage
>>
>>2086970
>implying that matters or gas anything to do with that post
>rationalizing treating your mom like shit and disrespecting her because she is old and retired
I hope you don't have siblings, or if you do, that they at least had a dad that was better than your cuck-a-doodle-doo father
>>
first off, she's essentially your landlord. she's completely allowed to say the dog has to be neutered or else he can't stay. many appartment complexes have the same policy. in more progressive areas, it can be very difficult to find a place to rent with an unfixed male dog due to their aggressive and destructive tendencies. landlords certainly don't like it

no, neutering will not make your dog depressed. most animals seem briefly "depressed" after any operation. it's called you projecting your own masculinity insecurities. the dog does not care

and lastly, from the stupidity of your posts, it's abundantly clear that you wouldn't be able to handle having an unfixed dog. or you're underage, or both

be greatful your mother is paying for the procedure and taking responsibility for the dog
>>
>>2086842
Not a big deal, nuetered dogs are less of a liability and easier to manage. Seems like a reasonable request. The dog couldn't possibly have a clue, and it won't care after either. It's either picking up on your sulking, or you're projecting your emotions on to it.

>tl;dr nueter your doggo
>>
>>2087074
*neuter
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.