[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good animal documentaries? Is there something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: wolf.jpg (55 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
55 KB, 590x442
What are some good animal documentaries?

Is there something recent and similar to Planet Earth?
>>
The Hunt with David Attenborough, but it's only available to watch in the UK so torrents are your friend.
>>
Antarctic Edge: 70 degrees South and especially Nature: Meet the Coy-wolf. The coy-wolf one was pretty awesome. It explores coyote wolf hybrids living in urban environments and adapting to us.
>>
Black Fish
>>
>>2086756
Pretty much anything with Attenborough is great. That man truly was a national treasure.
>>
>>2087080
>was

Fuck you, made me check.
>>
>>2086760
just watched meet the coywolf. It was very well done, I loved the narrative that they are pretty much living side by side with us and choose not to be seen.

My one complaint though is they never really brought in the domestic dog factor in the coywolf genes but besides that its great
>>
>>2087203
True that. And considering how incredibly bold they're becoming, I'm sure there's plenty of mixed genes. Coyotes and wolves are just not that bold. Both species tend to be pretty shy.
>>
>>2086753
cowspiracy
>>
Snowmonkeys is a fun watch.
>>
Hardmode: good documentaries that don't anthropomorphize
>>
The Hunt
Patagonia
Great Barrier Reef with David Attenborough
Wild at Heart (Domestic pets)

Some good BBC docs from the past year
>>
>>2086753
Life Story which is also by David Attenborough.
>>
Unbranded is a pretty good one about Mustangs.

Speaking of documentaries, does anyone remember the one that followed the tragic life of one male tiger cub? I think the events went like this; mother left some newborns in the den to die for whatever reason, then there were only 2 left. One cub is eaten by hyenas, now only one cub left. Mom's jaw breaks, dies slowly. Surviving cub gets lost at some point and finds tribe again. The former pride leader is all old and fucked, finds his old pride and actually dies within a few yards of his old pride. The last remaining cub is eventually prematurely kicked out, and it ends there. I could be off a bit, but that's how I remember it and I haven't been able to find it since it aired
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.