[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Varanids Only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Varanid pad 2016001.jpg (96 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Varanid pad 2016001.jpg
96 KB, 800x450
Anyone else love monitor lizards enough to share a room with one? I find them to be the very fun and I love their bad dispositions. I'm seven months in with my Argus, I wanted a Dumeril's but I couldn't find captive bred specimens. I am happy with my Argus but they are just as cranky as a nile! At least mine is out 85% of the time, some indicus species hide most the time. Anyone have any stories or want to share picture of your, this is the thread!
>>
File: SAM_0920.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0920.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>2086666
Picture of Fiona up close.
>>
>that enclosure
S-someone on /an/ keeping monitors properly? Awesome looking argus, I have a water myself.
>>
>>2086672
When I was fourteen my young savanna escaped me, I mean flew out of my hands and it went straight down into a creek. This Argus, Fiona, is my second attempt 21 years later (35 now). Waited to finish college (still have shitty job, thanks Obama) and here I am again. Max will always be in my heart and I still feel like a dumb ass letting him "get some sun" without a leash.
>>
>>2086666

I would but space is not available for a herp of that size in my apartment. That is a wonderful tank you have built there. Very good stuff.
>>
File: argus-monitor4.jpg (42 KB, 310x500) Image search: [Google]
argus-monitor4.jpg
42 KB, 310x500
that tripod standing pose arguses do always cracks me up.
>>
I've always wanted to get an Argentine tegu but I just don't have the space for one right now and I certainly don't have the budget to handle their care appropriately at the moment. Maybe when I finally get a farm going and have a good source of fresh meat available all the time.
>>
I'm currently looking for a pair of Beccarii and, as soon as I get enough space, I'll buy them.

Really awesome animals.
>>
>>2086666
That's a fucking sick set up. Nice job OP. Have any other pictures or more set ups?
>>
Moar lizzerds.

Always loved the look, size, and international site of monitors but they just seem like assholes so I never bothered with em
>>
>>2086815
> international site wtf?
I don't even remember what it autocorrected from
>>
>>2086791
I need to get more money so I can make this enclosure hold humidity better. My builder was tired the day he set it up, and he is family, so I gotta have be careful about requesting needed changes. It needs a larger door and needs to be caulked or something cause the humidity sits at 50%. So, in the mean time I have been running a humidifier a few times a day. brb
>>
>>2086791
I need to get more money so I can make this enclosure hold humidity better. My builder was tired the day he set it up, and he is family, so I gotta have be careful about requesting needed changes. It needs a larger door and needs to be caulked or something cause the humidity sits at 50%. So, in the mean time I have been running a humidifier a few times a day. Now the little shit can get away from me, which is good, so I have yet to handle her regularly.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.