[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /an/ I'm Jewing my school for a service animal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (945 KB, 1200x448) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
945 KB, 1200x448
Alright /an/ I'm Jewing my school for a service animal. Which one should I adopt?
>>
bamp plz
>>
I think the one on the left is prettier, but the one on the right is also wearing a tie so this is an impossible choice just by looking at them.

Do you know anything of their personalities? Go with that.
>>
>>2086126
nope, they both say they're friendly. I should go check them out.
>>
A service cat?
>>
>>2086129
Yeah, that way I can keep it in my dorm, take it to my classes, in restaurants, anywhere. All if I say that the cat keeps my finger off the trigger to kill myself.
>>
Obviously Business Cat is the right choice.
>>
>>2086128
>>2086131
Well then looks is the last thing you should be worrying about. You want a cat that is not skittish, not afraid of loud/sudden noises and crowds. Males overall are much calmer and less bitchy than females, if that helps at all. You'd also want to look into harness training.

I'm not sure if there is an organization for service cats but look around for that but keep in mind that there is a difference between a service and therapy animal. They don't have the same 'rights' and abusing that just ruins it for the people who actually need them.
>>
>>2086138
All I really want is to allow it in my dorm, the rest I can compromise.
>>
That's weird. I don't think you can get a service animal over a mental disorder here, you have to blind or something.

Maybe it's pointless to ask but aren't you doing a disservice to the people who actually need help, by feigning illness yourself? Or is it presumed that people will do that kind of thing and the criteria for service animal are generous to reduce bureaucracy?
>>
>>2086138
Usually schools kick you out for being suicidal because newsflash; if you're actually suicidal an not just a teen cutting themselves for a cry for help, an animal isn't actually going to help you not commit suicide.
>>
>>2086188
>>2086197
The cat is supposed to help me cope with being an antisocial dildo or something.
>>
>>2086197
Why would a college kick you out for that unless you've actually attempted to do so on campus? They aren't going to kick you out if you have a history of that shit or 'feel' suicidal unless you make yourself a danger to yourself or others.
OP obviously doesn't care about any of this shit, she just wants to get her way. Or he, whatever.
>>
Is the tie included for the right one?
>>
>>2086129
You can have a service whatever. You can get a fucking service turkey.
>>
Service pigger on plen
>>
>>2086117
Tough choice. The one on the right would obviously be an expert in balancing budgets and managing a business, due to that nice tie, but the one on the left is a bit cuter.
>>
Please note that your school is likely to force you to go to their mental health clinic. That will take at least an hour of your day once a week and they might assess that you don't actually need a service animal and are in fact just crying suicide so you can have a cat be alone in a tiny room all day being miserable, but at least you won't feel lonely when you are there.

Also, expect to never get away with anything in the dorm because they can and will be checking your room often to make sure the animal is cared for/not fucking the room up and making sure you haven't killed yourself yet
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-01+at+01.56.00).png (620 B, 82x95) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-01+at+01.56.00).png
620 B, 82x95
>>
>>2086197
Totally got kicked out of college for this. They made me take a year off before I could come back.
>>
>>2086206
For people who are actually suicidal, not just teenage girls crying for attention. Schools don't give a fuck if you're taking a bottle of aspirin because your boyfriend left you
>>
>>2086129
I didn't think of this before. Maybe this was a simple error on OPs end, but a service animal is trained to do a job, like a seeing eye dog or the guide ponies or the cats that detect irregular heart rhythm. I think OP meant an Emotional Support Animal or Support Animal and not a service animal. The difference being the former is a let to help cope with an issue, and the latter is a working animal whose sole job is to provide for the owner. While I'm sure it's possible to train a dog to keep people from suicidal tendencies to an extent, I don't see how a cat could work with that. And OP ha already stated the animal was to help with him being an 'anti-social dildo' which falls under ESA.

>>208lol1

The main reason people get service animals is actually not so the animal can help them with whatever ailment they have, but so they can take their animal in places they normally wouldn't be able to without going through the work and hoops of a trained service animal. However, there are restrictions to ESA animals unlike Service animals, namely that commercial areas and transportation can still refuse your animal. The big one that fucks people over who get their pits registered as ESA is that under fair housing act, the animal must 1) not be dangerous and 2) not be destructive. Birds tend to shit everywhere and male turkeys can be as dick as geese.
So anything can be an ESA (or potentially service animal), but people use ESA for little more than housing opportunity, and turkeys may still be denied.

I think there was some info graphic saying that there are more pit bull ESAs than any other animal like it was a fucking good thing
>>
>>2086117
>fake service animals
You're most likely going to be an awful douche who won't train their cat at all and continue to make it harder for people with actual issues to have their service animals accepted. What you're looking for is an ESA, which you'd know if you did a tiny amount of research. You shouldn't get that either. You don't need a cat. You really think you can take care of it if you're at school all day?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.