[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are oral flea/tick tablets okay? Cat and dog question I guess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1455253683097.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1455253683097.gif
3 MB, 300x169
Are oral flea/tick tablets okay?

Cat and dog question I guess. We used to give our labrador Comfortis after giving up on that Revolution stuff you put on their necks. She used to get fleas really bad from lying under the house. New dog, same story.

Found a couple of fleas on our five month old kelpie, went to go order some Comfortis online and a bunch of people complaining "my cat/dog died of liver failure" in the reviews.

Any recommendations? What flea treatments do you use on your pets?
>>
I use trifexus for my dogs, never had any problems
>>
How about instead of poisoning your dog you just give it regular baths you fucking degenerate.

Those posts about liver failure is no fucking joke. Some dogs are deathly allergic to the chemicals. Some aren't. If you don't care about if your dog dies so you don't have to give it a bath because you're a lazy fuck then go ahead. Poison your dog. You're the only person who is going to care at the end of the day.
>>
>>2085689
ITP Anon pretends to be a vet. :)
>>
>>2085689
Do you mean with regular shampoo or a flea bath? I do bathe her with regular dog shampoo but it is a struggle combing her with the flea comb because she is terrified of water.

>>2085687
Our vet recommended a tablet and a topical spray because we also have a lot of ticks in our area

do you have big or little dogs?
>>
>>2085582
i recommend against any and all pyrethrin/pyrethroid based products. spinosad used in comfortis has less information available about it.

i suggest using frontline, back of the neck treatment. it's the safest one made.
>>
>>2086291
a regular bath cannot kill fleas, it takes a fuckton more than that to drown them. bathing your dog in dawn dish soap can kill them and their eggs, but it's not healthy to use on our dog regularly. flea shampoos are even worse. that anon's an idiot

I have a pit/husky mix and lab/pit mix, so big dogs. the husky has been on it since he was a pup and I've never had any problems with fleas or other parasites, which is saying a lot considering I live in the willamette valley
>>
>>2085689
>i don't care
>but let me express how angry i am over this

Shampooing a dog only gets rid of them during the bath and over bathing your dog does more harm than good, you dolt. Fleas will just jump immediately back on in a day anyway.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.