[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Making a Fox Come By More Often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Fox on a Log.jpg (263 KB, 1022x679) Image search: [Google]
Fox on a Log.jpg
263 KB, 1022x679
So my house is right on the edge of a reservation, and there's a fox that occasionally wanders by. I'm wondering if anyone knows a safe way that I could encourage it to come by more often. I'd love to see it more frequently. As it is, I've only seen it about eight or nine times in the past four years. A few weeks ago, I found him sitting by the back door (which is a big glass door), just staring in with his nose less than an inch from the glass.

I want to encourage him to come by more often, but I don't want to do anything that would make him dependent on me.

The pic is a shot I took of him back in 2012, when I first saw him.
>>
>>2085194
Don't you dare try and take an animal from the wild
>>
>>2085227

No, of course not. What I meant was, what can I do to make him come near my house more often? I don't want to take him in, I just want to see him outside more often.
>>
>>2085227
Lol, nice autism
>>
hard boiled egg
>>
>>2085227
Get over yourself.
>>
>>2085284
>>2085313
I'm guessing you're the same kind of autistic losers who let cats outside
>>
>>2085230

conditioning his behavior to make him more tolerant of people/people's living area is a bad idea. While you may be chill, if you do things to make it more tolerant of people, then you never know what will happen to it from other people. Its not uncommon for people to kill foxes they see if their neighborhood out of fear for their pets or livestock. Inviting wildlife into human areas is only asking for trouble for the fox. Just be happy with the times you do get to see it and leave it at that.
>>
>>2085317
Me? No I was just getting a kick out of the person who misunderstood the op and sperg'ed out hard over it.
>>
>>2085227
I wasn't thinking of it but now I might.
>>
>>2085194
Get a chicken coop he'll be around so much that you'll see him in your dreams.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.