[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that makes tentacles so terrifying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 615x409
What is it that makes tentacles so terrifying?
>>
Because they're also kind of erotic.
>>
File: Colossal-squd-tent.jpg (25 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
Colossal-squd-tent.jpg
25 KB, 500x332
>>2084232
Colossal squid tentacles are the scariest
>>
Terrifying? How about delicious!
>>
>>2084258
Holy shit.... those are hard right? Those aren't just suckers, but barbed fucking hooks
>>
>>2084269
Correct
>>
>>2084277
The more I learn about the ocean, the less I want to go scuba diving.... I prefer my little reef tank, where only a few things want to kill me..
>>
>>2084278
I've been scuba diving in a lot of different places and the only danger any of us were ever in was because of our own negligence. Watch where you are swimming and touching and you'll be fine

But when I think of tentacles the thing that scares me is that they will suction to me making it difficult to get away if the creature attached to them tries to drag me down. If something bites me and drags me I feel like I have a better chance of getting away than with suction cups
>>
>>2084278
>>2084318
the best part about scuba diving is that fear will literally kill you
>>
>>2084318
>>2084330
I just need to have a nice dive knife with me and I'd probably be pretty chill. Like one of those knives that are like half knife, half hypodermic needle, and inject compressed Co2 into the stab wound.
>>
>>2084330
There's a difference between fear and respect for the amount of damage something can do to you. e.g. zoanthids in my reef tank. I'm fully aware I have palys/zoas that would easily be able to kill me if I fucked up, but I'm not afraid of them at all. I respect them and take the necessary precautions to avoid exposure
>>
>>2084336
I always keep my knife on me although it's more for if you get stuck or tangled in anything than to protect yourself from an animal
>>
>>2084365
It would just make me feel safer more than anything else. Confidence is half the battle
>>
>>2084232
brown recluse spider
>>
>>2084379

Most of the things that could actually kill you in the ocean would be 0% deterred by a dive knife. Irukandji jellies, or blue ringed octopus for example.
>>
>>2084269
They're also capable of complete 360 rotation. Squid can really mess you up. Squid; the delicious, vicious retards of the sea.
>>
File: 1452779885325.gif (1 MB, 446x270) Image search: [Google]
1452779885325.gif
1 MB, 446x270
>>2084791
>>
>>2084232
>What is it that makes tentacles so terrifying?
hentai.
>>
>>2084232
I guess that seal is dead then
>>
>>2084278

Any kind of deep water scares the hell out of me. And it's not really the living inhabitants that are the problem. It's currents and infinite darkness and crushing pressure. Same reason i don't like flying and, even if tourist trips to low earth orbit became financially feasible, i would be very hesitant to do that. Space is like the ocean but way worse.
>>
>>2084789
Like I said. Confidence is half the battle. Obviously ANY ocean critter trying to attack you won't give a fuck about a knife, it doesn't have any concept of what it is. But I do. And that knife gives me a slight increase in survivability if say an octo or shark attacks. Just having it there would give me more peace of mind. Obviously if a blue ring octo gets you, no knife can save you. Well... basically nothing can save you unless you get lucky and didn't receive enough toxin
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.