[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so. My and my BF are going to be becoming home owners in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1825x1027) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1825x1027
Ok, so. My and my BF are going to be becoming home owners in the near future, and I've been looking up some information on owning bunnies, but I figured I might as well come post here as well!

I've never owned a bunny, but my BF had a Rex as a teen that he looooved! I've been looking into breeds, but I'm pretty torn. Looks wise I've fallen in love with Dwarf Hotot's... Basically what I'm wondering is what type of bunny is the most friendly, cuddly, laid back, and chill? Or just any other bunny owner tips and info, ect!
(Ps. I don't just want a bunny because Easter is coming up. We've been talking about this as long as we've been talking about becoming home owners together)
>>
>>2084208
never keep bunnies alone and don't feed pellets
>>
Watch out for brown recluses.
>>
>>2084208
just get a cat you hipsters
>>
>what type of bunny is the most friendly, cuddly, laid back, and chill?

Giant rabbit breeds, the bigger the better.
>>
I got a floppy eared lionhead, we keep it in the living room and it's a pretty smart bun. He responds to his name, understands some words and kind of behaves like a little timid dog. When he was younger he would jump on the couch next to me and in the summer we let him go outside to catch some sun. He has never bitten anyone in the 10 years I've had him, he's pretty old desu.

Imo floppy eared bunnies are more often kinder and "doglike" than pointy eared buns.
>>
File: jSfrBJp[1].jpg (385 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
jSfrBJp[1].jpg
385 KB, 3264x2448
How do you get them to stop peeing everywhere? I had a lop when I was a kid and he peed everywhere. I'd love to love rabbits again, but the yellow lake that would appear beneath him as soon as I finished changing his cage haunts me to this day.
>>
File: mqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 320x180
Get chinchillas. They have no smell, and hardly pee at all. Even their poos are super tiny. Plus they're suuuuuper soft and cuddly!
>>
File: sb10065012d-001.jpg (57 KB, 392x435) Image search: [Google]
sb10065012d-001.jpg
57 KB, 392x435
Try hedgehogs. All your friends will be so jealous, and they won't chew on your things!
>>
Id say another rex, they're incredibly soft and clever. easier to litter box train too
>>
>>2084208

we had a rabbit when I was young, he was banished to outside because he kept chewing wires and shitting everywhere.
>>
>>2084247
i can second this.. i have a dwarf and she's psycho
>>
>>2084208
It really depends on the individual. People say all the time that dwarfs are jerks, but they are some of the best buns I've had. A netherland dwarf my family had was the only rabbit I ever knew who insisted on sitting in your lap and getting pet every day. Also fluffier buns shed like crazy compared to sleek coated ones. My American Chinchilla was a sweetheart but was a fur machine... and could bite through a power cord in one chomp.
>>
>>2084264
Lionhead anon here. Mine just has one corner of his cage he uses as a "toilet". He did poop everywhere when we first got him, but we threw his droppings back into his cage and after a while he just started to do his business there.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.