[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vaccines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160307_182447.jpg (989 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_182447.jpg
989 KB, 3264x2448
I have a dog and a cat. The dog I walk twice everyday and keep vaccinated. My cat is inside only and only ever interacts with the dog, usually from a distance. My question is, is there a need to keep my cat vaccinated since he never goes outside or interacts with other cats?
>>
>>2084164
Yeah, kinda. You could accidentally transport a virus to your cat through another cat owner.
>>
>>2084164
>My question is, is there a need to keep my cat vaccinated

yes. end of story.
>>
>>2084172
Man you sure are convincing with that hot lack of comunication skills.
>>
Unless you sanitize your dog and yourself every time you return to the house after being outside, yes. Keep your cat vaccinated unless you want it to live in a sterile environment for the rest of its life. Plus, if it gets outside accidentally at any point, it only takes one trip for it to get riddled with diseased.
>>
>>2084165
>>2084230
Very true. Thank you
>>
Does that will make my dawg autistic
>>
>>2084226
Doesn't need to be any convincing. Question was asked and answered correctly.
>>
Honestly, probably not. Cats are susceptible to certain vaccine-caused illnesses, specifically some auto-immune disorders, liver damage, and sarcomas. Best thing to do is titer your cat's immune response and only vaccinate against illnesses your cat hasn't already developed an immune response against. If you have to administer a vaccine then only do one at a time spaced out over a week per jab, only do adjuvant-free live vaccines, follow with a milk thistle supplement to bolster your cat's liver, make sure the vaccine is injected in the leg and not between the shoulder blades (if your cat does develop a sarcoma it's a lot easier and less stressful to amputate a leg than to try and dig it out of your cat's back/chest), and never vaccinate a cat with any sign of illness.

And once vaccinated there is likely no need to booster. Run titers, if your cat has ANY immune response that means your cat is protected.
>>
You really only need to do them like once a year, or once every couple years, so I would. You'll be happy about it if he ever gets outside-no need to worry about diseases or rabies, plus preventative care (check ups) save you so much in the long run. Its the difference between a $50 check up versus a $300 dollar treatment for something that could have been prevented with $20 medicine or getting a tooth cleaned.
>>
My vet has us do shots every 3 years. She says that it's plenty and that it just stresses animals out to do it more frequently.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.