[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which dog race has the least health problems? All the dogs I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: corgi1.jpg (30 KB, 354x336) Image search: [Google]
corgi1.jpg
30 KB, 354x336
Which dog race has the least health problems? All the dogs I like have some sort of fucking problem.
>corgi
>long back no good
>german shepherd
>hindlegs bred to shit
>bull terrier
>autistic
Are there any normal dogs?
>>
The brown recluse.
>>
Greyhounds.
>>
>>2084111

Buy a mutt

Lives longer
More healthy

But you should know the race of the parents, a 1/2 pitbull still needs to be trained with respect for it's temperament
>>
>>2084111
>Are there any normal dogs?

mutts are normal dogs. "breeds" are not normal dogs.

I have experienced the company of hundreds of dogs in my time working at shelters. Mutts are simply better dogs the vast majority of the time.
>>
Seconding mutts. Especially mutts with a lot of mutts in their family tree.
A lot of working, or working line, dogs are just fine. Border collies, ACDs, Aussies, ect seem pretty healthy generally. They're also just normal dogs; no weird or fucked up proportions.
>>
Pure bred brown recluse
>>
Get a mutt. Just be sure to have an idea of what he could be though. Sometimes temperaments of mom or dad come through more. My boy is a lab/dachshund mix, and his temperament is way more dachshund than lab.
>>
>>2084357
Jesus that poor dog much have the worst skeletal problems. I hate when assholes breed big dogs with tiny ones. Mine is a GSD/Jack Russell mix and his long front and short back legs mess him up
>>
>>2084244
>>2084248
hybrid vigor doesn't really show up until a shit load of intermixing though. You don't really see any benefit for the first three or four generations iirc.
OP would do better with doing his research and paying a decent amount for a purebred puppy from a reputable breeder, maybe of a working line maybe not, rather than adopting a mutt from a shelter with an indeterminate number of health problems that you have no forewarning of.
Also given how much of a dog's temperament is formed in the first 8-10 weeks there is something to be said for getting a dog from a breeder who actually does early socialization
>>
>>2084377
Street dog from a shitty 3rd world country?
>>
>>2084111
Kelpies, Blue Heelers, Coolies.

Any Australian Working dog is usually healthy as fuck cos we wern't picky and cross breeded to get doggos that could live for ages in this shitty climate and work.

I could be wrong, but they would definitely be up there.
>>
>>2084377

Purebreds are shit. Just go adopt a nice dog or buy a puppy in the country.

>source: myself, I've owned mixed dogs my whole fucking life
>>
Heelers
>>
Mutts.
>>
>>2085378
Pariah dog!
>>
Op did you pick all of those off appearances because golly gee it sure seems like it

There are working line gsds that are healthy, without fucked legs.
Like someone else said, most aussie working dogs are healthy af too.
A lot of less common working breeds from REPUTABLE BREEDERS THAT HEALTH TEST will suit you fine too.

A better question is what you're looking for in terms of temperment and lifestyle (disregwrd aesthetics, u meme loving fuck). After hat question is answered, you'll have an easier time finding a "healthy" breed suited to your life (so it STAYS healthy), then following that a good breeder.
>>
>>2085487
Shhh this is a mutt containment thread.

The truth is people hear all these horror stories about "purebred dogs" that are from shitty, inbred lines and not given the proper care by their owners. Pure bred dogs have been memed to death and back and everyone thinks they all live like 1-2 years before imploding or something.
>>
>>2084244
Stupid logic that kennels use so idiots will adopt their damaged dogs.

Mutts are more extreme in both ways. They're more likely to come out completely fucked up just like they're more likely to come out with less problems.
>>
>>2085677
Also ignoring the fact when you get a mutt you have no fucking clue what it's personality is going to be like.

When you get a lab you generally know.
When you get a husky you generally know.
When you get a greyhound you generally know.

This is all barring you don't fuck the dog up mentally, but generally you know how your dog is going to be personality wise but if you get a mutt, good luck figuring that shit out. Might just snap one day & attack someone.
>>
>>2084111
An actual German Shepard is healthier then an American Shepard.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.