[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What jobs can I do to help animals /an/? I feel like I have awoken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_1158_zps38e77c1d.jpg (44 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1158_zps38e77c1d.jpg
44 KB, 600x800
What jobs can I do to help animals /an/? I feel like I have awoken after my dog got cancer and had to be put down, she died in my arms in the most humane way possible. Now I think of all the animals out there who need help. Recently turned vegetarian and aiming to go full vegan too

Any career ideas of what I can do to help? I am aiming to go on to Universty but in the mean time I've got an application to work in a kennel/cattery, hope I get it
>>
Learning a new language could probably help you help animals in foreign countries somehow.
>>
"Recently turned vegetarian and aiming to go full vegan too"

I have the answer for you, professional retard.
>>
>>2081412
>waaahh
>I care about people's dietary choices
>like only what I like
>>
>>2081404
Good point, I recently saw an online program where you can learn the like of Spanish quite easily if you do a bit every day. It will definitely help in more ways than one

>>2081412
I'm not here to debate or pretend I'm morally superior, I just don't agree with it and already feel better from cutting out my meat consumption and reducing how much diary and eggs. Also losing weight with ease, I've always struggled to stay lean even while going to the gym
>>
>>2081382

Be prepared to not make a lot of money. Also lots of poop. Certain animals have ungodly fowl poop. Here are some things you can pursuit; the best thing to do is start volunteering and interning

Vet/RVT/vet tech
Sanctuary worker
Wildlife rehabilitation
Zoos
Ecological research
Conservationist (scientist or lobbyist)
Enviornmental policy or law
Marine biologist
Dog trainer/behaviorist
Animal shelter worker
Educational animal handler
Park ranger/land management
Biologist
Kennel attendant

I'd encourage you to avoid falconry, bird racing and animals for entertainment. Those fields definitely don't help animals.
>>
>>2081431
Yeah I agree. I saw a job at some equestrian place but it was for prepping horses for races which I am not in favor of

Thank you for the list I really appreciate it

The only thing that puts me off this is the emotional side of it. Putting my dog down was the hardest thing I've ever had to do (I've survived anorexia, lost all my grandparents and a childhood friend to suicide, struggled with substance abuse) was legit my best friend, I got her after I left hospital with anorexia and was a great distraction and a true friend through thick and thin.
I can't imagine being say a vet and having to go through seeing people like me losing their petbros. And then you have the people who will keep their pets alive when they are clearly suffering, which is very selfish. But then I could say I am being selfish by pleading ignorance because of my emotions? I'm not sure what to do
>>
File: 1449971870655.jpg (70 KB, 634x447) Image search: [Google]
1449971870655.jpg
70 KB, 634x447
>>2081491
It can be emotionally very hard, especially if you get into the medical fields. I remember we took a kitten in to the vet when I was only about eight, and she didn't make it. The poor people working there handed my kitten back to me in a box, and one of them had wrapped her in a little tiny woolen blanket to 'keep her warm in heaven' in order to comfort my sobbing self.

I'd hate to be the person who has to tell a devastated child that their favorite pet couldn't possibly have been saved. Because you'll be dealing with not only the suffering animals, but the humans that love them.
>>
File: 1254855622614.png (41 KB, 165x98) Image search: [Google]
1254855622614.png
41 KB, 165x98
>>2081504
>and one of them had wrapped her in a little tiny woolen blanket to 'keep her warm in heaven' in order to comfort my sobbing self.

Goddamn anon, right in the feels.

I buried one of my pets a few days ago, and did the same for her ;_;
>>
>>2081532
I'm sorry to hear that. May the future bring many happy years with your other pets, anon.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.