[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to test drugs on animals or is it situational? for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: SNF21TV2A--MAINS_1833339a.jpg (58 KB, 620x729) Image search: [Google]
SNF21TV2A--MAINS_1833339a.jpg
58 KB, 620x729
Is it wrong to test drugs on animals or is it situational?
for instance, if the drug is an asprin and the chimps got a headache, is it still wrong?
>>
The only two other alternatives are testing it on people or not testing it at all.
I wholeheartedly support animal testing.
If you don't, then you really should refuse all medical treatment since all of it relies on animal testing at one point or another.
>>
Animals are used as models throughout science.

Most the protests against it focus on the use of animal testing for cosmetics, which I myself don't agree with.

For medical research, I understand the use of animals. They will be used until technology is good enough to substitute, but that will take a while. Experiments that use animals strive to minimise the amount of animals used to that necessary, and the welfare of the animals is generally taken into account before, during, and after the experiment.

I may not be happy with the use of them, but I understand the need. Without using animals, we would not have advanced medically as far as we have now.
>>
Seems silly to care so long as we eat them.
>>
>>2080761
I've always been of the mind that it's fine to experiment on animals with drugs if the drugs have positive effect, such as life-extending drugs or things like that. Oncomice and 50/50 poison testing is bullshit though.
>>
>>2080761
Sure.
Unless you volunteer to try random shit first.
>>
>>2080797
>>2080848
1: Animal models are often totally inaccurate for judging chemical reactions in humans
2: We have PLENTY of people willing to be guinea pigs - for free even, let alone for cash, not to mention the millions of prisoners.
>>
>>2080851
Good. We'll use you to more accurately track the lethal doses of polonium.
>>
>>2080761

Animal testing for medical purposes is fine imo

Cosmetics testing is bullshit.
>>
>>2080851
> Animal models are often totally inaccurate for judging chemical reactions in humans
It's actually extremely rare.
>We have PLENTY of people willing to be guinea pigs
No, we don't. You don't understand the scale of these studies.
>for free even,
What
>let alone for cash
What cash
> not to mention the millions of prisoners.
You're confusing prisoners with slaves.
>>
Head like a fucking orange
>>
>>2080761
I'm fine with it except for cats and dogs.
>>
>>2081831
Why them? Because we keep them as pets? What about primates?
>>
>Is it wrong

Define "wrong".
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Et-hey! A rat doesn't wear lipstick okay? A rabbit doesn't use hairspray! A monkey doesn't need pills, to get ramped up for hot monkey sex! It's people, man! We're miserable! So why shouldn't we try it all first?
>>
File: quinn.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
quinn.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>2081866
Well... you've got a point there actually. I'll try it.
>>
File: thumbnail_14319[1].jpg (108 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_14319[1].jpg
108 KB, 400x300
My journey continues and where it will take me, no one really knows. But I am not alone. Right, Mardock?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.