[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright i have a rose hair that I haven't held in 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Chilean-Rose-Hair-Tarantula.jpg (36 KB, 379x313) Image search: [Google]
Chilean-Rose-Hair-Tarantula.jpg
36 KB, 379x313
Alright i have a rose hair that I haven't held in 2 years after reading you're not suppose to but I pet her a few times a week and get her the attention she deserves but I've been really wanting to hold her and when I do i freak myself out when she starts getting a little jumpy and shit and I'm afraid that I can't hold he now without her freaking out and trying to run off or something. can i still hold her after 2 years? will she calm down?
>>
>>2077313
fuck off
>>
File: pmetallica5.jpg (196 KB, 1327x874) Image search: [Google]
pmetallica5.jpg
196 KB, 1327x874
tarantulas don't get used to being handled, it shouldn't be any different than it was 2 years ago.
>>
>>2077314
why?
>>2077315
alright cool thank you very much!
>>
File: IMG_7629e.jpg (564 KB, 1024x675) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7629e.jpg
564 KB, 1024x675
Do whatever. It's a spider. They may be able to filter out the chemical and vibration stimuli from being handled frequently enough and deal with it without resorting to fight-or-flight response, but docility in otherwise spoopy spiders is linked to stress and some fucked up input from an unfamiliar, greasy and warm environment. At least that's how I interpret it. I've seen some shit with Pterinochilus murinus.

The stress isn't gonna kill them though. You may run the risk of getting bit. Doesn't matter as long as you don't fling them away. Handle until you're bored of it, in my opinion.

You don't need to pet it ever though. That's asking to get bit by a solitary, asocial biological automaton.
>>
>>2077320
well i just pet her for a bit until she seemed to get tired of it - i always respect my animals and don't force them into anything.
>>
No offense, but it's an invertebrate with a nervous system on par with a human foot.

Do whatever.
>>
>>2077332
Handling is better than petting a spider. Putting her on your hand is basically relocating it to a new substrate, and there's little point in biting substrate, but poking it with a meat filled finger is asking for a bite.
>>
>>2077313
Talk Shit, Get bit.

Still its a spider as long as your not crushing it or pulling its legs off or ripping its eyes out then your good.
>>
>>2077315
D'aaw I feel bad for that little metallica. It's trying so hard to hide in that jar.
>>
>>2077315

one of my friends got one of those in college. He always pulled it out and handled it when we were drinking and never listened to me when I tried telling him that was fucking stupid. Finally got wacked one day when he had it resting on his leg while were listening to the new periphery album. Watching his quad spasm and him almost pass out every 5 minutes was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>2077313
Get baboon spider. They love being petted.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.