[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ What do you do with your pet's stuff after they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 5.gif (2 MB, 208x219) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
2 MB, 208x219
Hey /an/

What do you do with your pet's stuff after they die, like collars and toys? Do you leave it with their bodies or do you keep it? Why?
>>
Food I donated to the shelter. Their beds, special toys, and things like leashes and brushes, more or less in the same places they were. They're not in my way anymore than when they were alive, and they keep them in my mind and give me comfort.
>>
I buried my dogs blankets and favourite toys with him. His collar/name tag hangs on the wall beside an old photo of him. Everything else I keep for future pets.
>>
when my cat died i kept its items, because i was planning on getting a new cat in the near future. i just put all the stuff in a box and put it in the basement until i got my new pet.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2077155
My dog died recently and I put his tag on my keys. I'll probably take it off and put it back on his collar, but it helps me for now to carry it with me. The collar is next to his ashes. I've got another dog, so the bed, clothes, and toys stayed. Certain clothes I won't use again, probably. I made a special burrowing blanket for him; that's the only thing I "retired" when he died. That was made special for him.
>>
Guys don't keep the stuff for the next pet the next pet will smell the last one on the stuff and (if you're like me, adopting adult rescue cats) will be unlikely to use it.

Maybe if you clean it it'll be OK but idk
>>
When my kitty Blackie passed away I buried him with his leash and collar since he loved to go on walks so much. He didn't really play with toys and always slept with me next to my head so there wasn't really any other objects of his. I'm not sure if I should have kept his leash though, he doesn't need it in kitty heaven but seeing it made him run up to the door for walks so i dunno.

>>2077207
Not really true, I got used toys for my cats and just boiled them to sanitize and they use them like they're new.
>>
Thanks guys, this is really helpful.

I've always had the idea that I'd want to wear my cats collar around my wrist, or at least keep it with me all the time, but I don't know.
>>
I usually bury my pets in their favorite blanket or basket, with their favorite toys or another item that they like(one of my dogs loved sticks) and then I always add some treats and food too.

I don't know why I do this, I'd never give a person a Viking/Egyptian type burial like I give my pets.
Even my Goldfish got buried in their bowls, with some fish food and a diver statue.
>>
what do i do with corpse if i live in apartment in the city? i got no backyard. is it acceptable to give it a dumpster funeral or do i stuff the body somewhere until im able to drive somewhere to bury it?
>>
>>2078126
Get it cremated? Veterinarians will usually offer that service, from my experience. That seems a hell of a bit more respectable than just tossing it in a dumpster, FFS.
>>
>>2078130
This
I'd feel awful if I just tossed my pet into the trash. Maybe less so if it's a smaller animal like a fish or hamster, but still. I'd just try to find a way to get it cremated, or maybe a pet cemetery? My local vet told us where we could have our cat buried after it died.
>>
When my cat Pepper died, the emergency vet took care of his body for us and gave us a little clay imprint of his paws as a keepsake for free. Most of his toys were old and disgusting, and there were TONS of them since he was still young and playful, so we threw most away. We kept a couple of his favorites (a disgusting pompom that was his #1 fav toy), and at the time I had a key cover that looked just like him too. Altogether my wife and I made a little remembrance shrine to him with all these things together. It's only been a couple of months since he died and it's still really comforting to look at his pawprints.
>>
>>2077155
Nothing yet. They never wore collars inside the house Tossed those to the side.I still havemy dogs toy box. I threw away the most chewed on unsavable stuff. The water bowl is still sitting out I need to put it up it is just gathering dust goddammit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.