[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get my friend to forgive me after I forgot to feed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: Untitled.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
How can I get my friend to forgive me after I forgot to feed his dog for him while he was on vacation and it died?

I feel so bad about this and want to apologize but it's been a week now and he still won't even speak to me.
>>
You are a fucking horrible idiot
>>
>>2075310
If I were him, I wouldn't forgive you for several years, and even then wouldn't trust you around my animals ever again AND to top it off I would tell anyone looking for a dog sitter that you're a forgetful fuck that let my animals die and I wouldn't recommend you to anyone.
You're a shitty friend.
>>
>>2075310
You don't. You are a fucking shitty friend and should feel horrible.
>>
I wouldn't forgive you if you forgot to feed anything of mine except for maybe a fish or insect, but even then I'd rip you a new one for it.

A dog or cat can survive over a week without food(without water, less). That is not 'forgetting'. He should honestly try and press charges against you.
>>
Obvious bait is obvious. Unless this owner was gone for like a full month, there's no way the dog would starve to death. It'd die of dehydration first, but even that would take quite some time. There might be shit and piss everywhere, but probably not a dead dog.
>>
File: 1379615388826.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1379615388826.gif
580 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UvJZmGTsk
>>
>>2075333
>quite some time.
No, not really. Water is much more important and you could go much longer without food than you can water. Also depends on temperature, exposure, etc but a dog could easily die only a few days without water. And if he wasn't feeding it because he 'forgot', why would OP remember to give it water? Unless the dog had access to an open toilet.
>>
>>2075310
I'm not sure this has occurred to you but this post is all about how 'you feel'. You still don't give a shit about the dog and what it went through so maybe you need to start there and stop thinking about that. You're self-absorbed prick. Starvation is a terrible death. Not only that but that poor fucking dog would have been waiting for his trusted human till his ladt breath. I wouldn't forgive you either.
>>
>"hurr durr I killed X animal because of negligence"
>get instant replies

stop being so easy to bait you retarded tools
>>
>tfw mother didn't feed my mouse even after I paid her to do it
>tfw mouse died of hunger sometime over a span of 10 days
>tfw recently taken him to a vet to get him eye meds before I left
>tfw i won't get that money or the money i gave to my mother back

At least I didn't have to dig a big hole
>>
File: kill_yourself.jpg (65 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.jpg
65 KB, 751x418
>>2075310

You need to kill yourself and have yourself turned into delicious doggys snacks.
This is literally the only way to atone for your grotesque failure as a human being.
>>
>>2075347
>living with your mother

Your own damn fault
>>
File: 1441911015487.jpg (41 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
1441911015487.jpg
41 KB, 560x375
>>2075347
>taking a mouse to the vet
>>
File: 1418691125380.jpg (39 KB, 360x344) Image search: [Google]
1418691125380.jpg
39 KB, 360x344
>>2075347
>about 11
>have stick insects
>going away on week-long trip with school
>leave mom with instructions on feeding and cleaning out
>come back a week later
>6 of 8 stick insects are dead
She swears it wasn't her fault but, what the fuck?
>>
>>2075386
>implying I live with my mother
Moving a mouse isn't too damn hard
>>
>>2075394
It probably died because you stressed it by moving it
>>
Same thing happened to me OP I'd just suggest you get him a new dog of a superior breed to the one you killed and then bring it with a sincere apology.
>>
>>2075728
Issue with that is, he moved several times before and never had an issue. He had no food for over a week and there wasn't as much as a sunflower shell left, he literally ate everything he could, and possibly ate some of his fingers. I searched his cage for food stashes and found nothing he could have eaten.
>>
>be eight
>have a tamagotchi
>mum won't let me take it to school
>ask her to feed it etc
>come home
>tamagotchi on same place I left it
>it dead
:(
>>
>>2075340
>be me, a dog
>human take me for a drive
>I love my human
>he's the best human
>we stop at new place
>Bork bork
>I'm excited
>not as excited when strange, smelly bad human takes me from MY human
>it's ok, I am dog. I like this human because my human seems to know him.
>get put in scary outside place
>but Im cold
>my human will come back..
>so hungry...I'd love some kibble..
>don't see new human or mine for many moons..
>human.. I thought human loved me.
>so hungry.
>they will come back..

>please come back human.. im..I'm so hungry
>I miss you so much, human.
>..I'm so tired...
>>
>>2077039
Cri evertiem
>>
>>2077039
>tfw you want to hug your pupper after reading this but you can't because you are at work
>>
File: 7.jpg (575 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
575 KB, 1280x960
>>2075310
he wont forgive you. I had who i thought were trusted people look after my dog when i had to visit my brother in the hospital. They left him outside without being tied up and he was shot. Ill never forgive them
>>
>>2075310
Kill yourself
>>
Imagine how that dog felt you sick piece of shit
>>
>>2077437
It's not like I did it intentionally...
>>
>>2077441
negligence doesn't make you less deserving of a painful death. If hell exists you're spending the rest of eternity there, hope your week was worth it you fucking douchebag.
>>
>>2077508
Hey he's just as much at fault for trusting me to take care of his dog. I mean he KNEW that I am generally irresponsible and have a bad memory, why would he expect anything different?

It's not fair to blame me for this when he is the one who fucked up by choosing me for a job I was not ready for.
>>
>>2077542
>look mom i posted it again!
>>
>>2075310
Actually kill yourself.

It should have been you
>>
>>2075310
A true friend.
>>
>>2077542
>my friend is responsible for something I DID!

You're an idiot. Of course he's not going to forgive you. Take some fucking responsibility for your actions.
>>
This is probably a troll thread but if not...

Stop thinking about how YOU feel. Think about how your friend feels. Think about the suffering that dog went through. Think about how awful it must've been for the dog to slowly die, hoping for his owner to come home. Think about how awful it must've been for your friend to come home and find his best friend dead because of YOUR negligence.

Can you really blame him for being this upset with you? This isn't just some simple mistake. Forgetting to take care of a dog you made a commitment to care for isn't just being a little "forgetful." This isn't something easy to forgive.

You're lucky all he's doing is not talking to you. If it were me, I'd have at least beaten you senseless. And no, I'd likely never forgive you.

But if you want forgiveness, start by true remorse for your actions. You're never going to be forgiven if you can't understand the gravity of what you've done.
>>
>>2075388
Any small mammal will be treatable to some extent at any common vet. I added another year onto my rat's lifespan when she got a nasty lung infection and it only cost me $30.
>>
>>2075347
>At least I didn't have to dig a big hole
kek
>>
>>2077627
Please stop replying to him. No vacation could last long enough for a dog to starve. He posts this all the time and every time he gets more convincing.
>>
>>2077640
>no vacation could last long enough for a dog to starve
Like another anon said, the dog would likely die of dehydration long before it would starve. That said, it can only take a few days without water.
>>
>>2075310
How fucking long was this vacation?
>>
>>2078576
10 days. I didn't exactly autopsy the dog though, it was probably dehydration as many anons said.
>>
>>2077206
Fucking ATF
>>
>>2075310
dude, please be trolling

if not you are literally retarded, killing yourself is the only thing you can do right by your friend at this point
>>
>>2076911
Well...he should have eaten his bedding then. Maybe he'd had lived had he not been so picky.
>>
>>2077039
So...the owner gave the dog to someone...and they starved it as soon as they got it? .... Why?
>>
File: 1435549086124.jpg (58 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
1435549086124.jpg
58 KB, 582x582
>>2075310
>How can I get my friend to forgive me after I forgot to feed his dog for him while he was on vacation and it died?
>>
>all these people telling OP to kill himself as if a dog's life is worth even a fraction of what a human's is
topkek
>>
>>2077039
I had to go hug my doggo after reading this.
>>
File: YA RLY.jpg (105 KB, 1350x896) Image search: [Google]
YA RLY.jpg
105 KB, 1350x896
>>2075388
My guinea pigs get a routine annual wellness check, and I'm willing to drop several $hun if they need it. Why not? Their like any other pet and I feel really bad when they croak.
>>
>>2078704
OP is subhuman jewnigger tardfilth and urgently needs to be not alive.
>>
>>2078704
People are shit. OP is a great example of it.
>>
>>2075310

Honestly, letting an animal starve to death is very fucked up and if I was your friend I would never trust you again, to say the least.

You fucked up pretty bad man.
>>
sometimes you have to count your losses
you lost the friend for this playthrough
>>
Small update, he's invited me over to his place for drinks later today and says he has something to tell me, I have high hopes that he might be beginning to forgive me.
>>
>>2080303
Well?
>>
>>2081409
>>2080303
OP is kill
>>
>>2081409
OP is kill
>>
>>2075310

Are you serious?

He's never going to forgive you and he shouldn't. I'm assuming this is bait and
>>2080303
is him calling the cops on you.
>>
>>2075338
Exactly. My neighbors had two healthy boston terriers that they left in a doggy daycare for a week while they went on vacation, and both of them died in a matter of hours after being left outside in the South Carolina heat. They were great dogs and it was really sad.
>>
These guys are retarded OP. Sure you aren't without fault, but neither is your friend for not calling and asking about his animals/reminding you.

He is understandably upset though and I probably wouldn't talk to you for awhile either but I would have called every other day or so asking how they were.
>>
>>2080303
What happened OP?
>>
>>2075347
>a tiny life is lost
>worries about money

human beings, ladies and gentleman!

>>2077441
I hope you never have children.
>>
This has to be a troll, how do you forget to feed a dog for 10 days? You had to let it out to shit right? Surely you would have noticed that it was dying?
>>
>>2082294
Now wait my stance on this may change
Did you physically have the dog under your supervision or was it at his place and you forgot to drive over there and feed it.
If it died under your roof then you are a real fucking dumb ass. If not my stance is unchanged
>>
>>2075310
itt: idiots and morons

stop dredging up this fucking thread
>>
Hope he puts roofies in your drink and butt fucks ya!
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.