[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dog/ - Dog General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: labrador-retrievers.jpg (316 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
labrador-retrievers.jpg
316 KB, 1280x1024
Ask dog questions that don't deserve their own threads here.

Dog Kibble and Wet food ingredients/nutrition guide:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

Dog breeds:
http://www.justdogbreeds.com/all-dog-breeds.html

Previous thread:
>>2065850
>>
>>2073833
Just got home from the vet and having a sad and anxiety filled day, /an/. My little puppy got too excited running around and slipped and broke her leg. They didn't splint it or anything at the vet, because apparently the break is still aligned and they don't want to mess with it. But we have to keep her crate bound for a week and bring her back to see if she needs a rod put in her leg.

I've never had a pet break a bone before, and I had to hold her this morning while she was screaming in pain. I'm super down and stressed.

Anyone have cute pics of their dogs to share with us today in general? Also has anyone ever had a puppy break a leg before? How did you keep them from hurting themselves more?
>>
>>2073833
My dog(pit mix) eats it's own shit and I can't stop it.

If I catch her doing it I holler at her then run out into the yard to pick it up before she goes back to finish it off, but I can't be at home 24/7 watching over her.
Her fucking ribs are showing, I think she has worms(seeing as the fucking worm medicine makes her shit them out, and she gobbles the eggs right back up......)

The other dog does nothing of the sort.
>>
>>2074088
She'll stop eating the shit once her nutrition is alright.

Dogs only eat shit because A) they like the feel or taste or B) They're desperate.

This one is a case of B) Because the worms are fucking up her digestion. Make sure to removes the worms entirely and don't keep the fucking dog near where she shits. Keep her indoors while you're gone or something.
>>
>>2074095
I don't live in an americlap country where my dog stays in my house. I have a fenced yard with grass and plenty of space for her to run around, they both have their own Kennel.

Also I think the worms were AFTER she starting eating her shit. She did it all teh time as a puppy, the vets scratch their heads when I take her for booster shots.

What I think may be the problem, is that I got her as a very young pupper, and she used to eat her poop since then(when she was still shitting milk/porridge), how I think the habit has stuck with her.

Some vets told me it's Vitamins, bought those gave her, some said calcium, bought those gave her.

Nothings help, only think I can see is following her around waiting for her to poop, and the dog is so fucking smart, she holds it in until I go inside, then she shits quick, does a 180 in 2 seconds and gobbles the fucking wet mess back up.
>>
What is your favorite breed of dog /an/?
>>
>>2074101
Has she had a dewormer?
>>
>>2074104
Yep.

Its fucking disgusting seeing this dog eat the shit like it's a gourmet feast.
>>
>>2074109
How many? How far in-between?

You have to be extremely vigilant on her eating feces while on dewormer, that's when all the worms are popped out and she is much more likely to get worms again. As soon as she poops, get her away from it and clean it up.

There is a product that makes the poop taste acidic or something awful like that. I've never used it so i don't know how well t works
>>
File: poop-meme.jpg (78 KB, 551x411) Image search: [Google]
poop-meme.jpg
78 KB, 551x411
>>2074141
>There is a product that makes the poop taste acidic or something awful like that.

The vet told me about this, but they were out, and the face this dog makes when she is eating sometimes I think she would still gobble it up. It's like she is forcing herself to do it.

Something like pic related, but more disgust(i know I am Anthropomorphising here)
>>
>tfw my pupper is well behaved unlike all these shit dogs ITT
>>
>>2074147
Those products are generally "over the counter". If the vet is out, try Amazon (assuming it is like Murika Amazon), or go down to one of those hippie, expensive pet food stores.

There are also some DIY solutions. For some reason, peppermint extract is in my head? Do some research to confirm.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Any idea what this might be?
>>
>>2074241
A dog.
>>
>>2074245
Thanks
I meant the growth of that one tit
>>
>>2074247
Can you use a red circle or something, cause I -think- I see one on her vag, but there's also a bump further up. Could just be moles, but if you're worried get a cancer screening.
>>
>>2074241
A trip to the vet.
>>
>>2074241
>nail polish
so g-gurls come on 4chan?
p-please go out with me, at dinner c-can I-i.. hold your hand?
>>
>>2074273
>implying your not a girl yourself

You sly little thing you
>>
>>2074273
Are you 13.
>>
File: IMG_0315.jpg (189 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
189 KB, 1600x1600
Name my dog /an/
>>
>>2074282
Tom Cruise
>>
>>2074282
Puppers McDoggo
>>
>>2074287
That's quite the name to live up too.

>>2074293
This one's sounds pretty noble, bit in a casual way.
>>
File: 1456083383604_0.jpg (11 KB, 231x200) Image search: [Google]
1456083383604_0.jpg
11 KB, 231x200
My dog likes oranges
>>
>>2074282
Bilbo
>>
>>2074305
I think that'd be a good name for a smaller dog. He's probably gonna end up on the larger side though.
>>
>>2074282
Convict
Felon
>>
>>2073833
>http://www.justdogbreeds.com/all-dog-breeds.html

>every single dog breed is amazing with kids
I'm not saying there's a definitive list of dog breeds who hate kids, but come on. To say chihuahuas are as good with kids as golden retrievers is pretty irresponsible.
>>
>>2074282
Hugo
>>
>>2074282
Spartacus.
>>
>>2074327
I get it

>>2074335
Really like this one
>>
Fuck guys, my dog died not even an hour ago.
>>
>>2074282
Remmy
>>
>>2074282
Tom

Rue

Captain Pop (then you can say captain OR pop for short)

Bebop

Scooby

Stein

Hei (from darker than black)

Sam

Joey
>>
>>2074375
Don't you have a funeral to plan?
>>
>>2074375
Sorry to hear that, lost my dog last week. It hurts.
>>
>>2074386
Hei would be a cool name but then everyone would know I'm a weab. Gotta keep my powerlevel in the closet where it belongs.
>>
>>2071430
me from previous thread.
Can confirm, she went into heat.
She now wears a diaper with a lady pad that I change every few hours.
>>
>>2074438
Naw, if they ask you just tell em' some random guy in the vets office suggested it.
>>
File: razzledazzle.jpg (978 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
razzledazzle.jpg
978 KB, 1080x1080
>>2074282
Pete
Kuma
Oso
Chowder
Ozzy
Asshole
Kenny Loggins
>>
>>2074141
>I've never used it so i don't know how well t works
You've tried out dog dewormers on yourself bro?
>>
Can dogs be autistic or developmently disabled? i think my dog had very little human interaction in his early years.

Ive adopted what was once a hunting dog. The thing is, he almost doesn't have a personality. it's been three months and i thought he'd be more opened up, but his personality is like a piece of furniture. To describe his demeanor i would say "he is just there".

He doesn't get excited about none food related things. He's not excited to go for a walk or ride or play he just does what he's prompted to do or remains idle. He is either looking for food or sleeping 90% of the time. Once in a blue moon he will want a belly rub but his reaction even to that is mild at best.

Advice for aloof automaton like dogs?
>>
File: DSC00494.jpg (840 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
DSC00494.jpg
840 KB, 1824x1368
see this dog?
>>
File: DSC00496.jpg (1 MB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
DSC00496.jpg
1 MB, 1824x1368
>>2074504
this is him.
>>
>>2074450
Why didn't you get her spayed?
>>
File: DSC00498.jpg (1000 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
DSC00498.jpg
1000 KB, 1824x1368
>>2074506

after all the shit he did on my mexican house.
>>
File: DSC00497.jpg (1 MB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
DSC00497.jpg
1 MB, 1824x1368
>>2074511

spent the whole day cleaning up and washing the dogs, still had fun though.
>>
File: DSC00493.jpg (668 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
DSC00493.jpg
668 KB, 1824x1368
>>2074512

still love that son of a bitch, that black dog is his mom btw.
>>
>>2074485

Oh God, you just described my dog, except mine gets excited about car rides and walks. He also follows me around a lot and will stop playing with his favorite toy to be at my side. He doesn't really play with the other dogs at the dog park; he sniffs at things, pisses and shits, then goes back to following me.

How old is he? If he's reaching his senior years, he could just be mellowing out. I know it's been 3 months, but it also may take some time to adjust to his new home. Do you know anything about his personality before he was adopted?
>>
>>2074485
totally, my lurcher rescue is very loyal but only cares about food and danger
>>
>>2074508
Said this in the previous thread.
She's going to be shown and taken to agility trials when she's older. Turns out she loves jumping over things and running through my agility tunnel.
Anyhow, a show dog can't be spayed or it's a disqualification.
And don't worry, I'm going to wait until she's 2 before I try anything, this way I can health test her to make sure she's totally healthy, since the latest symptoms of most dogs arrive at 2 years old.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 640x1136
I know I need to see the vet, and I'll do that soon, but I was hoping /an/ might have some ideas during the interim
>>2074269
At first I wasn't worried I thought it was a mole but I just noticed the growth has gotten bigger lately

She has a few moles and warts but beta have previously told me they were non cancerous so I didn't worry about it

>>2074273
Kek
>>
>>2074551
Is that hernia?
>>
>>2074551
looks like a nipple tumor
>>
>>2074556
Which would mean....
Cancer
;---------------;
Ohgod

>>2074554
Hernia? Hmm wouldn't that be painful? I've poked it and squeezed it and she doesn't react at all
>>
>>2074282
Lucky
>>
>>2074556
looks like a mammary tumour. typically slow to metastasise and surgery is curative.
dont stress, but take her to a vet.
>>
Does anyone else have trouble with clipping their doggo's nails? My dog freaks out the second he sees the clipper.
>>
>>2074652
lots of dogs never had their feet played with as puppies, which translates to them freaking out about foot stuff as adults.
some dogs have to be sedated to clip nails. how ridiculous is that!
so yes, very common problem
>>
>>2074655
We played with his paws a lot as a pup, and we still do with no problems. He gets very aggressive when we try to clip, so getting a profession to do it might be the only way?
>>
>>2074652
My doggo has black nails, so I am scared of hitting his quick.
>>
>>2074668
There are steps you can take to desensitize your dog to nail clipping. I'm too lazy to type them out, desensitization mostly just involves doing small little steps every day with lots of treats and praise, just Google it. Also consider using a Dremel, it's quicker and more effective.
>>
>>2074580
Hernias aren't always painful, or at least, not all the time. Does she lick it at it or bite it?
>>
I took my dog to the vet today because she had an ulcer. Vet told me to give her 2 different eyedrops every 8 and 12 hours.
Can I give her two different eyedrops at the same time or should I only give her one then wait before giving her the other one?
>>
>>2075017
the latter

interleave the administration of the two drugs
>>
>>2075017
*ulcer in her eye of course sorry
>>
>>2075020
should 1 hour be enough?
>>
>>2074700
different anon here.
My dogs just find nail clipping annoying and always lick their feet as I clip... it's pretty cute :3
Anyhow, as for the dremel, do you know if they make a lot of noise? I want to get one, but I'm scared that it'll scare my dogs the moment I pull it out.
>>
Hey guys, I have a healthy active 10 month old cattle dog. The vet says she looks great. However I'm worried about her food. I started her off with Eukanuba puppy then moved to Purina pro as she seems to like it more. After reading that both are shit i was wondering what I could get. I live in Australia so I assume all the decent stuff needs to be ordered.

Taste of the wild gets great ratings, or is there something else I should look at? Also what if she hates it? That's a bit of money down the shitter.
>>
>>2075199
Op here again. Keeping in mind mix her food with veggies and kangaroo / chicken at night
>>
>>2074236
Pineapple might work?
>>
>>2074282
Ronald Raygun
"The Grilch"
>>
>got a pupper a week ago, one month after being born
>usually didn't cry much, just when she was left alone for too long in the rather-big-for-her-size cell we have at the backyard of our house
>have a female dog who's around 10 years old, she's pretty territorial with other female dogs
>let the pupper walk around the backyard to know the place
>she goes to a small corridor that is the preferred spot for the older dog
>older dog apparently feels threatened, bites her on the neck, then tries to sit on top of her when we try to get the pupper back
>wound not too serious, but still bled a bit
>the next days up until now, the pupper won't stop crying all day erry day, even when she's apparently happy(according to her tail)
>every time she tries to sleep, she wakes up some minutes later, cries for 2 seconds, then goes back to sleep
>this happens even if i have her on my lap, where she apparently feels safer

So how do i treat a dog with PTSD? She hasn't stopped eating or anything, but the constant crying worries me a bit, since the other dogs i had weren't like this when puppers.
>>
>>2075030
You are supposed to introduce them to a dremel. Let them check it out off, then turn it on so they can hear the noise while giving them a lot of praise and treats. Work on this for a while, and once they are cool with the noise, then try to use it in as short of sessions as possible. Again, lots of praise and treats.

If you just go and use it on your dog with no introduction, then they are gonna hate it.

>>2075199
Taste of the Wild is alright, especially how economical it is. There are definitely better foods out there, but it is also better than what she is getting.

As per her hating it, buy a small bag then, man! If you cannot find a small bag, then some really bro-tier pet stores will give you samples if you ask nicely enough.
>>
>>2074273
Pretty sure /an/ is a majority female board.
>>
>>2075235
it isn't.

/an/ is mostly males in their late twenties.
>>
How do I deal with my dog /an/?

Vet says he's sort of a basenji mix so he's very energetic.

>live with family
>sister has a cat
>roommate is going to a place where they don't allow pets
>gives his dog to me
>like the guy and I've had three dogs already (one died of old age, two poisoned by asshole neighbors)
>ravages the garbage bin/area
>can't let it roam free because of sister's cat
>gets an erection every time I play with him

I can only walk him only 3 times a week because of my busy schedule but I can do more walks once I'm done with this semester. None of my family members don't want to deal with his shit.
>>
>>2075219
>>got a pupper a week ago, one month after being born
you have a five week old puppy?
>>the next days up until now, the pupper won't stop crying all day erry day, even when she's apparently happy(according to her tail)

it's pretty clear the puppy is in pain. you do realize there's more to a dog showing emotion than its tail, right? your dog probably permanently injured your puppy's neck or spine. take it to the vet and leave it there. you shouldn't have gotten a 4 week old puppy. it's illegal to sell a 4 week old puppy. that's way too young.
>>
>>2075261
I supposed as much, but the crying is inconsistent, sometimes she cries when you touch her head, other when is the back, but barely, if any, when you touch the area of the wound. After a while, she manages to sleep peacefully for some hours, tho.

Also, my dad is a vet, he treated the wound almost inmediately; and the puppy was given to him for free by a patient because it's dog got 10 cubs when she gave birth.
>>
File: 20160304_174945.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160304_174945.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Just found this in the inner tigh area on my my dog? Should i be worried?
>>
File: animals-raccoonfood.gif (815 KB, 294x218) Image search: [Google]
animals-raccoonfood.gif
815 KB, 294x218
How big is your dog, and how much do you feed it? Specifically, if you feed wet food only, how much do you feed?

I have a dog that is a little bit underweight, and I have another dog that wants to eat everything. I want to make sure they both get enough, and that she doesn't eat too little, and he doesn't eat too much. How much wet food would you feed a medium sized chihuahua and a regular sized corgi?
>>
>>2074282
Scipio.
>>
Got a 4 month yorkie, just had his last set of shots and can go out now. How should I go about socializing him? He barks like crazy at anything that he's not seen before.
>>
>>2075290

No.

Just record the size and check it every few months.
>>
>>2075404
>fucking coons
Thank God I don't live in Americlap
>>
>>2074241
>>2074551
Vet student here. It is probably a tumorous lesion. Although it does depend on the breed and age, I would say it is most likely a benign fatty tumor (lipoma). If this is a dalmatian it is even more likely that that is the case.

You have to take it to a vet anyway.

Is it firm or soft, does it move relatively freely? Is there a relatively defined edge or does it seem to kind of fade off into the surroundings. How long has it been there?
>>
>>2075404
You actually have horrible taste in dogs.
>>
File: 1420066730148.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1420066730148.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
I have an 11 year old dachshund who might have to use a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Does anyone have any advice about this sort of thing? Anything I should be worried about or expectations for his life span?

I got into a really furious argument with my parents over this but it's probably best that we don't pursue an operation. Feeling really anxious about the whole thing now and would like some advice.
>>
>>2075199
We feed our Kelpie Advance. It's made in Australia and does not need to be ordered. Another Aussie one is Black Hawk if you are anti-corn.
>>
What do you do for exercise and potty breaks if you live in an area with extreme weather? Storms, tornadoes, blizzards etc
>>
>>2075966
During thunderstorms I just wear a poncho and take the dog out anyway. I haven't been through a hurricane with my dog yet and I'm not looking forward to it. That's gonna suck.
>>
Can you train an older border collie to herd? I got an adult from the pound and I think it would be cool to see her herd some goats or something.
>>
File: rtueru8568w47rtuyrt.png (799 KB, 573x581) Image search: [Google]
rtueru8568w47rtuyrt.png
799 KB, 573x581
I'm having trouble finding what breed my mutt is. Is she cattle dog or like a finnish spitz?

She weighs about 20lbs. Very quiet and hardly barks. She has a good temperament not very hyper and enjoys people's company. Not cuddly. She has always been really lean.
>>
>>2075969
Do you have other animals? Herding instincts are very strong for collies, even if they are raised as a house pet. If you have other animals, you may start to see herding behavior.

I have a border collie/corgi mix and he is always herding my other dog around
>>
>>2075990
pretty sure that is a mutt
>>
How many meals should a 3-week-old corgi puppy be fed?
>>
>>2076234
>3 weeks old
Jesus Christ what is wrong with this world
>>
>>2076258
3-months-old
Sorry typo
>>
>>2076269
Honestly, when my Shiba was that old, she was having 3 full meals a day, but she'd never finish them entirely, so her meals overlapped.
It ended up being free feed. She had plenty of exercise so weight wasn't a problem.
>>
How do you tell the difference between stubborn and stupid?
>>
File: labs in a van.png (457 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
labs in a van.png
457 KB, 630x630
Is dog vasectomy a common procedure, or do I have to call around to find a vet who does vasectomy as an alternative to neutering?
>>
>>2076331
A vet should be able to do it, just phone in prior and ask if they actually do the surgery.
>>
>>2073833
my dogs FUCKING DEAD
>>
File: villain.png (118 KB, 401x397) Image search: [Google]
villain.png
118 KB, 401x397
I went to a shelter to look around and it was amazing.
>see what looks like a smaller version of my old collie/lab cross
>has the same name
>put hand by lab's nose so he can sniff
>licks my hand
>put hand in to pet staffie's face
>she leans into it with eyes closed
>>
File: WP_20160115_21_04_06_Pro.jpg (317 KB, 1632x920) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160115_21_04_06_Pro.jpg
317 KB, 1632x920
My dog is 8 years old and turning 9 later this year. How do I deal with the fact that I might lost him in the next 3-5 years.
>>
>Give food to dog, she starts eating.
>Go to the bathroom.
>Come out because I forgot something.
>Dog comes to me, abandoning her food.
>tfw your dog loves you more than food.
>>
>>2076331
You will probably need to call around, where do you live?
>>
How do I get my dog to fucking focus? He has zero focus. When we go outside, he stares at everything, dives for people and other dogs, and just sniffs around for a million years. The only way he can ever take a shit is on walks when he is in the zone, and even then, he still dives for people and dogs, and will just stop to sniff sometimes.
>>
>>2076387
Just give her the best senior years that you can. It sucks that they leave us so soon, but all we can do is know we did the best for them while they were here.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-16-00-00.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-16-00-00.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Ruca goes in for her yearly tomorrow. Anybody know any questions I should ask for a 7 year old dog? She acts fine and we have no issues with anything. Honestly I'm just not wanting to overlook anything.
>>
>>2074282
Cujo
>>
How do mix breeds become a thing?

Like what if I want a Dalmation/Stafford cross? Do I have to have an elaborate heist for a breeding pair or do I just have to pay a breeder
>>
>>2076442
Nah, she is an older dog but healthy I'm guessing. Usually you'd just ask for an old dog cbc and chem panel (blood tests) to ensure she is doing well. But those shouldn't be done too often for no reason.

As a dalmation, you should already be aware of kidney and bladder issues.

Nothing more or less.

>>2076331
Vasectomies in dogs are not common practice because they do not give the same benefits as a neuter. The reason we neuter animals is to decrease incidence (especially in males) of aggressive behavior, roaming, and certain cancers (prostate) as well as no more babies. When you vasectomy, you only take care of the no more babies part. Vets are not typically taught to do vasectomies either, but personally I know how and it just depends on the vet- you have to call around. You will get some blowback, but it's possible to perform the surgery if you find a willing vet.
>>
So, my aunt had her cat neutered. His personality changed completely.
If I have my female dog spayed, would her personality change too? I quite like her as she is now.
>>
>>2076623
Males tend to be more affected than females since most of their activities are driven by the testosterone in their testicles.

Females can decrease in activity but you'll also notice she won't bleed during her "time of the month."
She should be fine!
>>
So we recently crossed our yorkies with chihuahuas (don't judge me, people pay the same, so long as it'll still fit in their purse), got an absolutely gorgeous set. One of them looks like a regular yorkie, while the other resembles a very tiny and leggy fox. When we breed these two, we seem to get a lot of pups with unconventional colorings, and we've gotten two with blue hair and deer-shaped heads.
I'm having an issue with one of the blue hairs. Someone in my house is very fond of it, and it follows her wherever she goes. What's more, while it's in the car, it goes positively ballistic at anyone who passes it. If she tries to leave it at home, it starts shrieking as if someone is murdering it, and will attempt to escape by any means necessary.
I've tried talking to her about this, suggesting that she crate the bastard whenever she has to go somewhere. She just thinks this shit is cute and says "that's probably just how chihuahuas are."

Any tips? Is it worth arguing with her over? Is there something I can do to wrangle the little fucker into line while she isn't looking? I don't want to end up on a reality tv show!
>>
>>2076737
>don't judge me
no

behead all BYBs
>>
>>2076745
It ain't a byb until they're in the back yard tbhwufam.

I frankly just throw them both into someone else's room to make sure they don't do it on my bed.
>>
Is this the place on 4chan where you post images on your dog for free (You)s?
>>
File: 20160307_135653.jpg (1020 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160307_135653.jpg
1020 KB, 2048x1152
I just did a shit in my yard because I like to and also I'm sure it's adding nutrients to the soil.
Sometimes in the past my dog sniffs and might lick my shit a little, not much. But today he took like half a dozen small bites out of it. I went vegan three weeks ago and I think that has something to do with it. My dog likes vegan shit I guess. He also likes bird shit but I'm guessing my poop is higher quality..
Pic related my poop, it usually isn't that soft but my dog liked it.
Also this is legit I'm not trolling or something. I want to talk about poop.
>>
>>2076442
You should clip her nails.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 233x216
Does /an/ like French bulldogs?
My family had one when I was a kid and it was a utter bro
>>
>>2076746
What do you think BYB means?
It basically means someone who's NOT breeding purebreds and isn't registered by the CKC (Canadian) or AKC. You tard.
Puppy mills are literally in the back yard, with dogs in cages.
Keep in mind, even if someone is breeding purebreds, they can still be a BYB if they're not registered with any kennel clubs.
>>
File: beef-marrow-bones.jpg (24 KB, 265x237) Image search: [Google]
beef-marrow-bones.jpg
24 KB, 265x237
Are soul bones safe?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about this.
>>
>>2077019
nothing is safe.
doesn't matter what it is, some idiot or unlucky creature will manage to hurt or kill itself.
>>
>>2076737

Kill it. It's the only way.
>>
>>2077020
This.
Nothing is ever safe, even if you're watching the dog, it's merely safer.
>>
Is it normal for teething puppy to have a bad breath?

My puppy started having bad breath the same time he started teething.

I brush his teeth every night, and his breath usually doesn't smell at all.
>>
>>2077084
Yes.
It's because of his gums.
Nothing you'll do will change this.
>>
>>2076926
Yeah, that's a given. I fucking hate clipping this dogs nails. Everytime I cut them she will bleed from one, even though I'm not even going that deep. It happens when she's at the vet too, at least they have an epi pen.
But yeah, it's part of the check up.
>>
>>2076906
Stupid there are leaves lying there on top of the soil.
Just fuck you
>>
File: pupper mc doggo.jpg (139 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
pupper mc doggo.jpg
139 KB, 960x960
>wake up
>go use bathroom and brush teeth
>come back to doggo like this

his name is Ollie.
>>
>>2077084
Bad breath could indicate an infection, have your vet check him out.
>>
File: 1448119130162.png (607 KB, 586x588) Image search: [Google]
1448119130162.png
607 KB, 586x588
Ohaio

you like cats as well?
>>
My dog is a 4 year old or more lab and she constantly scratches at her lower back to the point that it becomes a hairless rash. I've changed her food thinking it would be allergies but nothing. Changed her wash and nothing. The most I can do to stop it is put something like motor oil that disgusts her on it so she won't scratch it (advice from my dads friend that kind of worked).

Any idea what to do?
>>
>>2077204
Take her to the vet. If the vet says it is just behavioral, then just correct the behavior with a firm NO.
>>
>>2077224
I've taken her to the vet and they just wrote it off as allergies. Another offered a cream which didn't do crap.

I do just tell her "NO" and she stops but then when you aren't looking at her she's at it again.
>>
>>2077227
What food did you change from and to? How many foods have you tried? How long ago did you switch?

If it was a recent switch, it could be that the food allergy is treated, but the skin is still irritated and it needs time to heal and she'll stop. Try using a natural oatmeal shampoo and see if that soothes it. Other common reasons could be stress or boredom.
>>
>>2077084
puppy breath is supposed to smell like optimism and wonder

your dog is dying
>>
File: 1437234656024.jpg (126 KB, 574x767) Image search: [Google]
1437234656024.jpg
126 KB, 574x767
>tfw your cutie had a stroke and will never recover completely
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x351
>>2074061
Cute doggo inc
>>
>>2077356
:( im sorry pal
>>
File: 1443902573529.jpg (2 MB, 2988x2988) Image search: [Google]
1443902573529.jpg
2 MB, 2988x2988
>>2077363
It's fine, his hearing and balance just got messed up from it. Balance is getting better not not the hearing.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-07-18-45-27.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-07-18-45-27.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2076442
Yearly check up and shots went fine, healthy and happy.
>>
>>2077367
>2nd anon on 4chan with a red 59 caddy
Interesting. Cute dog too.
>>
File: image.jpg (622 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
622 KB, 1024x1820
What breeds do you guys think this dog is? I volunteer at a shelter and they've listed him as husky/retriever. His coat texture and tail suggest husky or at least a similar breed but I don't see the retriever. I can see hints of heeler and even some bully breed I think? He's a really hyper, friendly pup! Me and the other shelter staff have been debating on his origins so I'm curious what you guys think
>>
Is that alpha dog, pack leader true or exaggerated? My dog wants to keep walking in front but the leash is always loose and she only freaks out a few times with distractions( cats or pidgeons).
Should I try to train her to walk behind me even if there is no visible problem?
Also should I also stop her from sniffing around like some trainers suggest? I think she really likes it.
>>
>>2077374
I can see the lab in his eyes. Those ears are also pretty typical of lab mixes too.
>>
What is the best way to determine a food allergy in my black lab?
>>
>>2077390
Hmm, maybe. It's hard to see in the picture but he has blue flecks in both of his eyes.
Whatever he is, he's a very handsome little guy
>>
>>2077389
as long as the dog isn't pulling on the leash let it do its thing. As long as it's you who is directing where you two go there's no reason to make the dog heel, unless in dangerous conditions
>>
>>2077389
I give my dog free time to sniff around every few blocks. But if he wants to stop and sniff any other time, he isn't allowed. That's not letting your doggo know you are the boss and leader, and directing the train.

Beyond that, no real reason to make a dog walk perfectly in heel so long as he isn't putting himself in direct danger.
>>
>>2077374
my guess would be akita/lab
>>
File: poodle1.jpg (212 KB, 1026x821) Image search: [Google]
poodle1.jpg
212 KB, 1026x821
What can I give my dog to improve her breath? Does bad breath calls for a vet appointment?
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.59.08).jpg (79 KB, 920x625) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.59.08).jpg
79 KB, 920x625
>Looking at old pictures of my dog
>All were from before he went blind and got his other conditions
>He was so lean, fit, and happy
>Now he mopes all day, no energy, growls at any movement, Vet says there's nothing that can be done
I still love this dog to death, but it's hard seeing him like this.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.55.14).jpg (205 KB, 920x641) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.55.14).jpg
205 KB, 920x641
>>2077453
He still loves to run and play when I get home from work or being out. When no one else is home he'll spend the entire time by my side. He won't cuddle up, and he'll growl if I touch him, but he's content I think.

These are old photos, I don't have one of him at his current weight/height
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.58.51).jpg (57 KB, 677x552) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+06.58.51).jpg
57 KB, 677x552
>>2077457
I'm just gonna post a few more photos. It's nice seeing the old him and I thought others might too.

Funny enough, he refuses to go down the inside main stairs of my house unless I'm touching him for safety (unless there's food or he's excited, then he'll sprint down) but he'll go down all the others no problem.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-07+at+07.00.00).jpg (404 KB, 916x632) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-07+at+07.00.00).jpg
404 KB, 916x632
>>2077462
*Might like it too, holy shit

He was born in a local First Nations reserve, and taken from his Mom far too young. Then the person who took him had traded him for crack at a drug house in my city, and he was stuck in a hockey net for a few days with no food/water. He was rescued after the RCMP executed a search warrant on the house, lucky enough. He's overly protective of his food (it's gotten better, he still eats way too quick but at 8yrs that's not changing) and likes to teeth (he'll put his teeth around your feet or arm and just leave it there, licking it occasionally)
>>
>>2076442
Get the vet's opinion on her weight, as she moves to her later years you'll want to keep extra pressure off her joints, but some vets are fearful of offending patients by bringing up weight issues.
>>
>>2077368
>Shots at 7 years old

I want to strangle vets today. From now on you should titer and only revaccinate if your dog has zero immune response, most vaccines are effective for the life of the dog and do not require any additional boosters.
>>
>>2077389
Like other anons have mentioned, alternate your walks with times of close heel and times of loose-leash. In a close heel, the dog should be focused solely on you and block out all other distractions, moving in unison with you. In loose-leash a dog can move freely at your side, as long as he keeps the leash from going taut. In loose-leash the dog is free to sniff and observe distractions, but should not pull.
>>
>>2077396
Elimination diet
>>
File: PerioDisease1A.jpg (357 KB, 1075x970) Image search: [Google]
PerioDisease1A.jpg
357 KB, 1075x970
>>2077429
Bad breath is indicative of a health issue, in the vast majority of dogs the problem is processed carb-heavy diets that allow plaque build-up and bacteria overgrowth in your dog's mouth.

Based on this chart, which stage does your dog's mouth look like? Can you post a picture? What does his breath smell like and how long has it been going on?
>>
My dog has yelped a few times for no reason. Today he was just lying down and started to yelp and was obviously in pain. Went to the vet but she didn't know what was wrong. I don't think it's muscular or skeletal because he's fine on walks. She gave us anti inflammatory drugs for him anyway but I feel that is kind of pointless, there is no diagnosis. I expect the pain is coming from inside him being that his mobility is fine, but it's weird that he can be fine one minute but then in enough pain to yelp.

Now she wants to cut his balls off because one is bigger than the other and could be cancerous.. Women, man... He got to 12 years with his balls idk about this. Not really my decision anyway but I'm sceptical.
>>
>>2077560
And I mean if he already has cancer in the body it'd be pretty fucking pointless to castrate him. I don't know why she can't use an ultra sound or take a biopsy before castrating him.

Btw he's generally energetic and healthy despite the three episodes of yelling/pain.
>>
>>2077562
How much bigger?
Usually 1 testi is bigger than the other in most animals, including humans.
>>
Why are my dog's ear like this when I take him out for a walk? What's with the body language?
>>
My dog has been weirdly peckish the last few mornings. Yesterday he ate after I kind of coaxed him, but tool day he didn't want anything. He pooped normally yesterday, and ate his evening meal with his usual enthusiasm. He also has been pooping normally too.

I imagine everything is fine, and he just isn't hungry. Any harm in leaving his meal with him in his crate? Or shold I not do that?
>>
My dog got fucking freaked by an ambulance and a fire truck putting on their sirens right around the corner from us, and now he doesn't want to cross streets.

What do?
>>
File: IMG_20160306_131502824.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160306_131502824.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
I met this lovely dog yesterday. Her name is Ice. She's 15 years old and was so sweet to me.
>>
File: IMG_20141017_201851.jpg (1 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141017_201851.jpg
1 MB, 3120x4208
>>2074061
My cat broke its leg escaping the backyard one day.
>>
I've never had a dog and I'd like to have one, which one would you recommend me?
I live in a city, in an apartment.
>>
>>2077739
Nearly any breed can be happy in an apartment. It's more to do with your lifestyle. How many hours a day can you provide for walks and training? Are you interested in any dog sports or do you just want a buddy?
>>
>tfw my 5 month old puppy gets full-on erection at least three time a day
>tfw it's really threatening

Does this go away once he's neutered?
>>
>>2077778
>Threatening
>>>reddit
>>
>>2077781
I meant to say it was problematic.
>>
>>2077466
Is that reserve near Thunder Bay in Ontario? I spent a week in a reserve up there and there are dozens of wild dogs who come to the site for food. They're so friendly though. I wish I had been able to take one home with me
>>
File: dude anon i cant understand you.jpg (371 KB, 976x1305) Image search: [Google]
dude anon i cant understand you.jpg
371 KB, 976x1305
Why are Labs so unpopular on /an/?

Seems like it's always mutt this or meme dog that
>>
>>2077782
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>2077824
Because pure-bred dogs are cancerous.
>>
>>2077824
Because labs are popular and /an/ is a hipster board.
I doubt many dislike labs because of what's been done to the breed when it became popular. (ie, shitload of BYB and puppy mills spreading all kinds of genetic diseases and poorly bringing the pups up)
>>
>>2077824
I have a lab mix :^)
>>
>>2077672
From a hygiene and behavior standpoint it's better to leave the food down for a short time (10-20 min), and just save the rest for the next meal. Assuming your dog is healthy and has been checked by a vet, sounds like he is just doing a good job of self-regulating.
>>
File: Dog sandpaper filer.jpg (138 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Dog sandpaper filer.jpg
138 KB, 333x500
Oh my god, I think my dog will finally fucking let me touch her feet! But I have to use a file, she can't stand the clippers even though I do it at small angles so as not to pinch.

Are there any heavy duty filers available for dogs? Could I find one in a pet store or feedstore?
>>
>>2077824
I like labs, they are awesome dogs though a bit plain for my tastes. My current dog is a lab mix, though I think it's a byb lab and not a good purebred, because the pick they showed me of the mom wasn't all that impressive. I mean, I could tell she was a lab, but she didn't have the strong characteristics of one. Just something a little off.
>>
So, puppy was bit on her neck by my older dog about two weeks ago, and even if my dad is a vet, he didn't give her a proper treatment for whatever reason. After a week of crying, my mom gave her an anti-inflammatory pill on her milk, and she didn't had any pain for three days, but from the 4th day onwards, she could barely stand on her own feet, as if she couldn't properly control her own legs.

I'm thinking of taking her to another vet already, but you guys have any idea about what it might be?
>>
>>2077774
I'm just busy working in the morning, but I have from noon to night free.
I am looking for buddy rather than a sports or hunting one. A friendly dog who likes to be at home and go for a walk two or three times a day would be ideal.
>>
>just realized this old boy died 4 years ago

Wow, time goes fast.

We ended up calling out a vet to put him to sleep; he passed away on my lap in his standard corner, seen in this picture.

He had hip problems and severe arthritis in his back legs. He also had a heart condition. He was 16 in this picture and I'm surprised he lived that long.

Because he found it hard to reach down too far for too long, due to his arthritis, my dad built him a little hollow stool that fit his dog bowl perfectly, so it was held in a comfortable position for him when he ate.

He was called Chester. Such a great dog.

He had a brother that was identical looking, except slightly smaller and black fur, a year younger but from the same parents. Amazing childhood companions.
>>
>>2077882
Dremel
>>
Getting my 6 months old Border Collie female spayed this Friday.

What the fuck do I do to keep her from jumping on shit and opening up her stitches or whatever, help, I'm terrified.
>>
>>2077925
I've tried one and she just got more aggressive and more frightened, and I did it how I was supposed to over a period of three months getting her used to the noise and being near it and all that, but the second I touched her nail with it, she bit it and flipped out. She then growled whenever I came near her with it.

I got her to sit in my lap the other day when I had my own file out and she let me file a little on one of her nails until she wanted to get up. So I'm going to pursue that.
>>
Any tips to get puppy to stop pulling on her leash? She pulls so bad it's impossible to walk with out her choking/gagging like crazy. She tries to run but she can't cause she's attached to a damn leash. I'm wanting to get a front hooking harness when she gets big enough because u hear that will help. Any advice?
>>
>>2078061
She stops when I stop and say heel, but when I start walking she takes off and pulls on the leash
>>
>>2078061
Keep working on it daily, stay consistent, don't hesitate to use immediate praise when he gets it right. At home, practice skills that will strengthen his desire to be near you: play hide and seek, say his name and reward with a treat when he looks, encourage him to follow you as you walk around. And get a harness now before he hurts his neck on his collar.
>>
Is it weird for my dog to not be playful around other dogs? He's 6 years old, which I didn't think was old for a lab mix, and every time I take him to the dog park, he seems more focused on me than the other dogs. Once, he bowled over two people to get to me when I was trying to leave to use the restroom.
>>
>>2077824
thats exactly like my choc lab except she would be devouring the camera.
>>
>>2077596
bump
>>
>>2078187
Your dog is agoraphobic.
>>
how do i leash train my dog?
she's 6 months old. most of the time she is pulling or dragging behind sniffing stuff. sometimes she will walk properly but not often.
>>
>>2077878
He had diarrhea this morning and threw up. Calling the vets as soon as it opens.

;_;7
>>
>>2075792
Thanks for the advice, I didn't realise advanced was good.
>>
>>2077374
Shorter yet fluffy hair of a Lab but also looks like he has a bit of muscle in his face like a rottweiler or pitbull.
>>
>>2078228

My dog went through this and died last month. His gallbladder ruptured. For me they said "let's do some blood work, and if that doesn't tell us what's going on we'll do an ultrasound later to look for obstructions"

If they say an ultrasound is on the table, do it immediately. I'm so sorry my boy had to suffer and die because the vet thought she was saving me money, when money was not even an issue.
>>
File: aeros1.jpg (431 KB, 692x1037) Image search: [Google]
aeros1.jpg
431 KB, 692x1037
What breed do you guys think this doggo is? Considering going down to the shelter to see him. Guessing he might be a GSD cross.
>>
Why does my dog like to rub herself against horse or cow manure?
>>
>>2078287
I just got back from the vet. She said that he probably just got into something he shouldn't have (which is weird because I really watch him). He didn't seem to be in any pain from having his belly poked at, so no abdominal pain.

No blood work, no ultrasound, no xray. Gave him a shot for the nausea and pills for the diarrhea. If he doesn't eat today, it's back tomorrow for xrays. I hope I am just overreacting.
>>
>>2078301
Mutt.
>>
>>2078301
Looks like gsd and lab mix
>>
File: IMG_0353.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Yesterday morning my dog (West Highland Terrier, about 9 years old) jumped off the bed from about 2.5 feet and landed poorly on his front right leg. He began limping and avoiding only that leg, but other than that nothing seemed to be wrong. Today, he refuses to move all together, and isn't moving the right hind leg either even though it isn't injured. Yesterday he yelped while I felt around where his front right leg connects to his torso, but today he didn't vocalize when I felt around the same are. I've scheduled an appointment with the vet tomorrow, but I'd like a quick opinion in the meantime. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>2078516
My folks have a little, old poodle. He apparently jumped off the couch and really hurt leg. If I recall, the vet gave him some steroids and anti-inflammatories.

I have no clue what he actually did to his leg, but it sounds really similar (old dog jumping off something and hurting his leg). Hope this helps.
>>
What's a good breed of doggo that I can take /out/ but also sometimes leave alone at home for 5-6hrs a day while I'm at work/the gym?
>>
>>2077822
Ahousaht First Nations, Van Isle.
I saw another pup from his litter at the dog park once, so I'm thinking they might have been siezed by the SPCA
>>
>>2075990
Ears remind me of a cattle dog. I'd wager it's got cattle dog in it. Cute dog too.
>>
I have a 9 year old blue merle/cattle dog, roughly 75 llbs. She's had this red bump on her front paw for a couple months, been licking and nibbling on it to the point it popped(i guess). I put some antibiotic ointment on it and wrapped it to where she can't get to it. She's been sleeping since I wrapped it(so no pic). Is this something I should be worried about? She hasn't been seemed to be in any pain, since she's had it. It stayed roughly the same size the entire time, same color also.
>>
Why do german shepherds have such big ears?
>>
I think my puppy's prey drive/hunting instincts are starting to appear. She's an 8 months old golden retriever.
I noticed she pays a fuckload more attention to birds than ever before, she even tried to chase a few (whereas she used to just trot toward them curiously), and she's started trying to slap the fishes in the pond.
Thing is, we often go at my aunt's who's got a cat. They spent a lot of time "together" (not really, the cat was always a bit aloof with her, and obviously never responded when she brought toys so she basically ignored him back) ever since she was a younger pup.
Is she going to see the cat as prey too? Should I try to keep them separated until she grows up and doesn't have too much of that puppy energy anymore?
>>
>>2078730
sounds like it was a minor abrasion or cut until she irritated it.

my dog had one of these, too. he licked a spot on his foot until he licked the hair away and it became red and inflamed. hotspot medication didn't help it (originally thought it was a hotspot/lick granuloma), so off to the vet we went. they weren't entirely sure what it was either, but when the vet manipulated his little toe, he was in clear discomfort. we came to the conclusion that he'd hurt his pinky toe--a sprain or maybe a fracture--and he'd been licking at it obsessively. we got some antibiotics, a little pain medication, and a little ointment to put on the spot. I kept him from licking at it and eventually the inflammation went down and the hair grew back.

with the way he runs around and plays, I honestly wouldn't put it past him to fracture a toe or two. he thinks he can jump way higher and way further than he actually can.
>>
>>2077907
you're still here?

I answered your question the first time. your older dog has permanently injured that puppy.
>>
>>2077907
>thinking of taking it to the vet

See this is what annoys me. I've got no problem with people popping on here with minor concerns or just looking for a bit of advice. This is what sounds like a serious injury though, not something you can fix with a quick google search. If your dad's a vet he's a shit one, get it some medical attention. The longer you leave it, the worse you could be letting its condition get, you might even have to euthanize if there's some sort of permanent spinal damage.
>>
>>2078814
>>2078818
And now she has a huge lump at the side of her neck, but at least she can stand now.

Honestly, i now we're doing a shit job at taking care of her, but the only one who's got the time to take her to another vet(me) has fuckall money, and from what i gather, we need a radiography to see how bad is it, which aren't exactly cheap around here.
>>
>>2078827
Try looking up animal wellfair charities to see if there's anyone that will provide cheap/free vet care. I'm sorry, it sucks to be stuck with a shit family, a sick pet and no income, but I don't know your circumstances or whats available to you where you live.
>>
>>2073833
I have a 3 months mixed breed puppy. He is adorable, therefore when I walk him around children and girls want to pet him. Unfortunately he has the habit to bite, I know it's just a game for him but sometime it can be quite annoying for me and other people, I already trained him with some basic commands like: sit, stay, paw etc... but I can't convince him to stop biting stuff. How can I at least limit this habit?

The puppy is kinda similar to the dog in pic.
>>
File: 1337153217795.jpg (25 KB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
1337153217795.jpg
25 KB, 400x326
I've recently obtained a 6 month old Pug and have begun training her but it's going really slowly since I've never owned a dog before.

I've been following guides and have a basic understanding of training with treats but I've hit a roadblock with lie down.

I can get her to sit no problem but no matter how I lower the treat to the floor she will either squat but not lie down or lift her back legs and bend over.

Any advice would be wonderful thanks in advance.
>>
>>2078883
Play with him.
Whenever he bites you, walk way, cross your arms and look up.
>>
>>2078811
That's interesting because she always picks her paws. I thought she was just grooming.
>>
>>2074282
Smokey.
>>
>>2074282
Tyrone
>>
>>2078897
>training a Pug

If you wanted an intelligent dog to train you should have got something else. Almost literally anything else. Decades of inbreeding has made pugs dumb as rocks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This one of my dogs is Lola. She's pretty cute
>>
>>2078897
keep in mind that you have a physically distorted animal so lying down is unnatural for it. its legs aren't long enough to lower itself to the ground steadily.

also, pugs are, literally, borderline mentally retarded. You will not be able to train your dog as easily as you would with a normal dog and the extent of its training will be limited compared to a normal dog.
>>
>>2077739
some form of sighthound would be pretty good
look up rescue salukis middle east, or just google ex racing greyhound rescue
>>
>>2074551
My dog had a big lump on his neck like that, he's dead now. Might wanna get that checked out.

It's probably not the same thing though since mine was lymphatic cancer.
>>
>>2075637
Doggos dont live very long anyway, in my opinion it's better they die naturally than prolong the inevitable by making their life shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 650x450
>>2078992
I agree but a dog being dumb can be much less of a handful. You never want leave a smart dog bored or it will entertain itself. There's a reason why dog toy puzzles are getting more popular.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/200907/canine-intelligence-breed-does-matter

It will have a learning curve but just teach basic command not to be an asshole or an asspie of a dog and you're fine.
>>
File: DSC_0199.jpg (735 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0199.jpg
735 KB, 1280x720
>>2078992
>>2079206
Oh, that's unfortunate.

I'll pass on the lie down command I guess but hopefully I can teach her a few basic commands over time.
>>
>>2078883
this>>2078905

Also:it may sound retarded but it works. Each time he bites you try to imitate the yelp sound and cross your arms, after some time he will understand that what he is doing is not right
>>
i'm trying to train my old, housebroken, dog to use the shower as a pee spot because the stairs and the weather is starting to wear on him

any tips?
>>
I need some help guys

Last night I came home and my dog was acting strange. He was skittish and seemed kinda unbalanced and wobbly.

He was really lathergic all night and I let him rest and this morning he seems to be doing a lot better.

I don't know what to think. What could have caused this? I don't think it was a frog since he's licked them before and it's never been like this. I usually just have to rinse his mouth out and he's okay.

Please help I'm worried.
>>
>>2078798
She might, at the very least, try to chase and play with the cat in an inappropriate manner, and could end up injuring the cat. Keep them separated when you can't directly monitor them, and keep the puppy leashed when they are together so you can quickly grab her if she tries to do something inappropriate.
>>
>>2079494
V E T
E
T
>>
>>2079498

I can't afford a vet. I'm a piece of shit who has a dog and can't take care of him. Is there anything I can do here that might help?
>>
>>2079496
She does when she sees him for the first time in the day, and then later if he randomly tries to slap her. (Cat's kind of dick. Sometimes he comes to her, brush his cheek on her, purrs, then turns around and slaps her. When he's about to get food and she goes in the kitchen too, he runs after her. She mostly tries to dodge him and get past, not bite though.)
>>
>>2079510
Yeah, don't let that happen. Imagine how you want the dog to interact with the cat, ideally sniff and ignore, don't let him interact in any other way and praise when he does what you want him to. Again, never leave them together unattended, it only takes one accident.
>>
>housetrained dog has the shits all over my house
>vet says to give her plain rice for a couple days to settle the stomach
>dog won't eat the rice

damn dog
>>
>>2079549
Did you cook it?
>>
File: 20160311_113519.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160311_113519.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>2078730
Here's her paw today. Ex girlfriend said her boss(Vet.) told me to unwrap it and just let her lick it...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
rate the family's new dog

>giant schnauzer vizsla mix
>>
>>2079553
Yeah I cooked it. She ended up eating it shortly after I posted, thankfully.
>>
>>2079559
hes upside down
>>
File: pupper.jpg (116 KB, 1378x775) Image search: [Google]
pupper.jpg
116 KB, 1378x775
What kind of dog do I have?
>>
>>2079559
Australian / 10
>>
>>2079608

if that is full sized, its probably chihuahua/min pin
>>
I need some advice, guys. I have a 3 month old (13 weeks) Australian Shepherd. I have trained him pretty well. He is housebroken, and when we are inside the house he knows and does sit, down, stay, and come, everytime. Even without the gift of treats. He does this outside as well. And when he is wandering around somewhere outside, I say his name, and then come, and he immediately runs to me and sits at my feet. However, if one of my neighbors comes over to talk to me while I have him out or just to chill with my pupper, my pup just forgets everything and doesn't listen at all, not even his name, or no, which he knew before everything else. He will start to walk to them and I will say no, or his name and he doesn't even hesitate or look at me. Just continues to go toward them. But, if someone walks by my house alone or with a dog, and doesn't pay him attention, he listens and won't go to them, he will stay. It's just when basically people walk up to him or start to show him attention. Is this just a puppy thing? Or is there something I need to do?
>>
>>2079491
Just carry him down the stairs man. Either that or get a giant litter box with dirt in it.
>>
>>2075219
How fucking retarded are you. Give that puppy to shelter and kill yourself. You probably killed that puppy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.