[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
National symbolism vs natural beauty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I wish bald eagles weren't associated with the United States. Why do such beautiful birds need to represent such a disgusting and flawed nation? A nation that has killed hundreds of thousands of them, made their eggshells brittle through pesticides, and nearly pushed them to extinction might I add along with other birds of prey. There was a point where the Alaskan government was paying people five dollars for every pair of eagle feet they brought in. The "native" Americans aren't much better, they maim and brutalize them just so they can have their feathers for bizarre religion rituals. A good friend of mine once had to euthanize a bird because natives cut off her feet, and left her bleeding to death in the woods.

Why do we treat them like shit, and then have the audacity to claim they represent our shitty country? Why do we claim we're more valuable than animals? We're not the greatest country on earth. The greatest country on earth was conquered in 1945, and what do you know, their leader respected nature and cared about animal welfare. I know it's odd to use Hitler as an example, seeing as how often they used the reichsadler. But that seems more deserved, just from all the good they did for nature.

What's your opinion /an/? As if I don't already know.
>>
>implying other countries haven't done the same to their national birds

>implying every government ain't disgusting and flawed

Also I think at one point Ben Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey. Dunno why they picked the bald eagle. It represents cowardliness when a turkey represents bravery and courage.
>>
>only america harms animals
>only america put bounties on animals
>only america has native cultures that brutalize animals
>implying the nazis also didn't experiment on animals
>hitler was right

You didn't even try.
>>
>>2073857
Ben Franklin was full of shit, you can't attach a personality trait to an entire species.
>>
>>2073830
>a turkey represents bravery and courage
>let's eat them!
>>
File: bfue.jpg (49 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bfue.jpg
49 KB, 960x540
How about lets just not attach political ideologies to animals? You think they care about your precious constitution? Fuck off.
>>
>>2073880
But they soar so freely through the sky Clearly they must support neo-liberalism with all their hearts!
>>
>>2073880
Hey motherfucker those fucking flying memes don't even pay taxes the least they can do is respect the constitution
>>
File: desktop.jpg (452 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
desktop.jpg
452 KB, 2880x1800
>>2073886
>>2073884

Good thing we'll be gone in a century or two, can't terrorize animals when we're dead. This country is a fucking joke. Goodnight.
>>
>>2073899
Your opinion is shit
>>
>>2073903
Okay, you got me. How's my opinion shit? I said I was going to bed, but fuck it.
>>
>>2073908
Because you're an idiot. You're singling out and condemning a country(one that you live in, no less) over eagles. Bald eagles are not even endangered anymore. Their population has sky rocketed, only natives are 'allowed' to have any part of them(with an exception of zoos, medical studies, etc) and even then they aren't killing eagles by even the hundreds. You're completely ignoring that people went up and out of their way just to save them, even if they were at fault. Does trying to fix mistakes and make it better not matter? What are you doing about it besides shitposting on 4chan? Why are you so upset about eagles? Why are you not upset about anything else, especially the species of animals that already have less than 30 individuals? Why not care about the millions of dogs and cats in the shelter, or the farm animals that are abused and forced into shit conditions but yet condemn asian countries for eating dogs?

Everyone has their shit, pick and choose your shitty battles. There is plenty of reasons to dislike a county but 'muh eagles' is retarded.
>>
>>2073917
I do care about the other issues you mentioned, factory farming in particular. And as for what I'm doing about it, I've been volunteering at a wildlife rehab center since November.
>>
Aren't bald eagles scavengers ? Not sure why they chose it as their bird.
>>
>>2073993
They're not entirely scavengers. They'll eat carrion, but they'll hunt when they can. I live near lake crescent, and I see them swoop down and catch fish all the time.

So they're not like vultures, where carrion is the entirety of their diet.
>>
>>2073880

They should. Conservatards want all life on earth extinct.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.