[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of these bad boys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Decision.png (972 KB, 1312x1428) Image search: [Google]
Decision.png
972 KB, 1312x1428
One of these bad boys
>>
A grey wolf is bigger than a spotted hyena. The teams arent even balanced.
>>
>>2072727
Hyenas are larger and stronger
>>
>>2072729
Not a good source, but can be confirmed with a little research
http://carnivoraforum.com/topic/9329673/1/

A single wold is stronger and faster than a hyena
>>
>>2072730
Are you even reading your source? Hyena has height weight and bite strength advantage.
>>
>>2072731
Yes it has a bigger weight but it isnt fasyer than a wolf. Hyenas are often scavengers while wolves only hunt. A hyena would have a very hard time bitting a wolf that is faster (wich also means faster reaction and vision reaction). Im not even sure if a hyena would even try to go for the wolf's neck.
>>
>>2072732
When a 14 unit group is facing a 16 unit group, individual speed isn't going to matter much. Hyenas are physically more durable and powerful so the wolves get 2 extra units in the fight
>>
>>2072734

Few things to consider are wolves are more intelligent, far more aggressive and better killing ability due to hunting rather than scavenging.

A hyena would have a good chance with a strong bite but it wouldnt know how to fight as well and will be intimidated more easily due to their skirmish tactics.
>>
>>2072732
I hate these threads but fuck, you are stupid. Wolves are shit tier hunters compared to spotted hyenas. They are stronger, more durable, have more devastating bites and more stamina. Hyenas scavenage because they can bully other carnivores away from their kills and no, they actually kill way more than they scavenge. They hunt 70-90% of their prey(which also varies from location and how many other predators are in the area. Less competition, and they hunt more). They aren't slow either.

>>2072764
This also isn't true. A spotted hyenas intelligence is comparable to apes. Go read a book, or at the very least I'm sure you can manage a wiki article.
>>
Lions and Rhino's are the two best groups. Though I guess it comes down to how well 6 male lions would work together.
>>
>>2072770
>bullshit

spotted the "I saw a documentary once about.." guy.

bonus points for :
>A spotted hyenas intelligence is comparable to apes
>>
>>2072734
this seems legit
>>
>>2072772
Nice argument. You sure proved me wrong.
>>
>>2072778
im not trying to prove you wrong, you may be right
>>
>>2072772
They outperformed apes in one very specific tasks, that's what he misunderstood.
>>
>>2072812
Again, I said comparable with apes. I don't think they are as smart as primates as any clickbait article says, and they did poorly as individuals.
>>
>>2072821
Comparable can we said with anything
>>
>>2072724
bump
>>
>>2072724
Either rhino, utahraptor or hippo
Hippos are tough mofos and can bite crocks in half, plus there's a pond in the middle. Utahraptors have a 1 hit kill where they pierce the windpipe, jugular or both with their claws and COULD get through a hippo or rhino and easily all the other fighters
and rhinos are tough mofos too, plus they're at the size where ceratosaurus is fucked.
Given the numbers my money's on the raptors though.
Also wolves and hyenas are fucked, same with lions, bears, guars and ceratosauruses fight, all three are gonna lose to rhinos hippos and raptors
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.