[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there is a deer in front of your house with something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: DSC00992.jpg (3 MB, 1916x1788) Image search: [Google]
DSC00992.jpg
3 MB, 1916x1788
>tfw there is a deer in front of your house with something wrong with it
>call animal control
>they don't want to do anything
>they give you a bunch of numbers to call
>no one picks up
FUCK ME, /AN/. I feel so bad for this deer. I think it's one of the wee ones I watched grow up and ate the shit out of my flowers. Now it's just there on the ground and can't get up. I hear it smacking its head into the ground every time it tries to lift its head up and pull itself up. This photo I took is all he can move before it gives up and slams itself into the dirt again. It's been shivering and it's now dark and getting even colder. Why aren't these assholes at animal control helping? What do I do? Is there anyone I can call if it lives throughout the night? I can't even mercy kill it because I don't have any kind of weapon to use and I'm not stoning it.
>>
don't know how it works over where you live and what time it is there, but here you can either call the fire department, any vet or (but maybe only when you hit it on the road, not quite sure, desu) the police
wish i could help you, sucks to see it suffer
>>
1) Ask a vet to come by and check it out
2) Get the fuck outside and try to help it yourself
3) End its misery now
4) Ignore it and watch funny cat videos

Pick something.
>>
>>2071262
Blow it's Brian's out
>>
>>2071262
you may have a private wildlife rehaber around you if you. those are probably the numbers you were given. you should leave messages.
>>
>>2071262
eat that tasty cunt
>>
>not opening the window and putting a bullet in its head

>b-b-b but we have to go to great lengths and expense to extend this animal's suffering as long as possible so that we feel good in our bellies!
>>
It was mentioned that the numbers you were given were private rehabilitation centers, which is pretty provable and those people are normal people, often with families and usually day jobs, that voluntarily run a rehab on their property. Be sure you leave a message and phone number.

I'm also going to suggest calling the police to kill it. They often have to dispatch deer. Hopefully you get an animal lover because there is a ton of paperwork involved whenever a bullet flies
>>
>rape
>>
>>2071262
Give her a piece of pie and call the fire department.
>>
>>2071262
call them again vaguely say you think it might be rabid
>>
>>2071286
Seconding calling the police. You can also mention it acting 'rabid', which should prompt SOMEONE to come out.
Police can and often dispatch deer.
>>
>>2071333
>>2071432
I doubt anyone is going to think it's rabid when spongiform encephalitis looks the same and is way more common.
>>
>>2071278
Who
>>
>>2071434
Inside any animals skull there's a whole bunch of of Brians. Firing a gun into its head will cause an evulsion of cranium and Brians.
>>
File: brian.jpg (33 KB, 453x255) Image search: [Google]
brian.jpg
33 KB, 453x255
>>2071455
>>
>>2071262
Honestly OP, it probably got hit by a car and got it's back broke. Try to call some of the numbers, otherwise try to get a friend over with a gun or a mallet...or a hatchet...

Better to just put it out of it's misery if it doesn't make it through the night. You could try to throw some blankets over it to keep it warm I guess, but it might stress it out more.
>>
>>2071433
Think of it this way, if someone calls in concern about a rabid animal - who is at fault if it is rabid and gets into some shit if no one showed up?

I don't think a rabid deer has ever infected a person(id be surprised if they infected any other animal) but thats not the point. Just say its frothing at the mouth and acting aggressive(OP can go as far to say it chased him in the house) and someone will just about guarantee come. He isn't going to get in trouble.
>>
Just do nothing and ignore it
>>
>>2071472
a fair point but in my neck of the woods they'll show up just as quickly for a downed deer without rabies.

I think the protocol here is you kill the deer and send the head in to the game warden to examine though. Not so much waiting for someone to help you. But then where I live most people have deer rifles on hand.
>>
>>2071481
Depending where you are could easily contribute to the outcome, yeah.
Back when I lived in NJ, despite living next to a huge state park, my town wasn't known for hunting and it was very uncommon even with all the farms around. Deer fuckin' everywhere, but police officers usually didn't know what to do with deer and had no experience with them. I'd say most of them don't even know that you are allowed to take a deer you hit home as long as you get a tag for it. They'll think you're insane because it's just not a thing anyone does unless you're in north NJ.
I hung about a few times when a deer was critically injured by a car and officers were called, and it took them about 45 minutes to shoot it after what I assume was phone calls to get permission or whatever.

Now here in Maine, officers and troopers jump at the chance to off them and load them up themselves.
>>
>>2071262
If animal contol sucks shoot it and put meat in the freezer
>>
>>2071284
>>2071521
>American Reading Comprehension

OP clearly stated he has no weapons to use on the deer. Dumbfucks.
>>
>>2071461
>Honestly OP, it probably got hit by a car and got it's back broke.
the driver who hit him would have done something
>>
>>2071527
>hit deer with car
>deer runs away in woods
Happens all the time. They get hit by a car and run until they collapse and die. Still doesn't change anything, the dying deer is in OPs flower bed, pretty much makes it OPs problem.
This is also why people who live in rural settings have guns. However I've seen several subdivisions and heavily urban areas have large healthy deer population, maybe that is the case here as well.
>robbery, call someone with a gun
>animal on property that needs put down, call someone with a gun
At what point do you decide it's best to just eliminate the middle man and take care of your own problems?
>>
OP here and I've tried talking to more people on this and apparently, in the state of Ohio, you aren't allowed to do anything.
The animal control isn't going to do anything and the cops aren't going to do anything for it either.
One of the people from the numbers I was given called back and told me to let nature handle it and then drag its body to the street, which I wouldn't even be able to do because I'm a tiny lady.
The only thing I can try doing now is getting in contact with the land owner and hoping he somehow has an idea...or a gun and is willing to risk the possiblity of us getting in trouble on a private street full of nosy neighbors.

I'm thinking that it might have been hurt because a construction company, which has been across the street knocking down a house and lots of trees this week.
>>
>>2071569
>drag its body to the street, which I wouldn't even be able to do because I'm a tiny lady

post feet
>>
provide blanket and tasty foods you inhumane fuck
>>
File: 1443895185178.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443895185178.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>2071262
crawl up to it so it doesn't feel threatened when you try and approach it.

this will keep it from feeling less stressed so you can inspect it to nurture it back to health.

fuck animal control they would just put it to sleep anyways
>>
>>2071569
If you truly don't want to see it suffer you cut its throat. I find it hard to believe that animal control wouldn't do anything about it. Try calling your local game warden DNR officer.
>>
>>2071574
Bitch this isn't a disney movie
>>
>>2071576
haha I read that in your voice and now I feel better
>>
>>2071579
i'm sorry this is me again, I wish I would have never hit send...
>>
>>2071580
No, this is me
>>
>>2071576
what does that have to do with a Disney movie? like are you even trying?
>>
>>2071583
Fuck you faggot I bet you lick your dogs asshole clean every time it shits
>>
>>2071586
I bet you think you are right. and this is a thread about dears.

so how about this.

dear asshole,

you can kindly fuck the fuck off courtesy of your internet fame and glory
>>
>>2071569
>let it die then drag it into the street
So they're just going to leave you with a dying deer on your property..? Not an expert, but isn't that a health hazard? Especially if you can't move the body and it starts decomposing right outside your house. Can, as someone here suggested, you claim that its aggressive and you're scared to leave your property? No harm in hamming it up a bit if it'll help people take you more seriously.
>>
OP back again!

I called again and I don't know what the fuck was going on and who answered that call there yesterday, but they told me a bunch of absolute BULLSHIT.
Someone else answered this time at animal control, said they'd be right out and they had an officer stop by as well to put it out of its misery.
A bunch of the neighbors came out and one said that the deer had been limping for days and I guess it just finally decided to collapse.
The animal control officers were pissed as hell that someone over there gave such wrong information and the deer had to be like this all night. She said if she had known, they would have been out immediately.
>>
>>2071612
Good for you and deer.
>>
>>2071612
pls post video of the encounter.

Also, post your feet
>>
>>2071612
They should find out who answered the call and fire them.

Thank God the deer doesn't have to suffer anymore.
>>
>>2071612
Great news, glad that ordeal is over for both you and the poor deer.

>>2071617
I should damn well hope they do, if they can't be bothered to do their job they shouldn't have it. Poor animal suffered for hours because of their incompetence.
>>
From PA, I have a few good friends that work in the bureau of forestry, they have literally dozens of stories about how comically inept most of the DCNR and department of fish and wildlife are. I'm glad you were finally able to get someone who gave a shit. I personally had one shitty experience with a rabid raccoon at a children's summer camp and we couldn't get anyone to come out an dispatch the thing. (staff weren't allowed to have guns or we would have taken care of it ourselves)...So basically we had to bludgeon the poor raccoon to death with sticks....that was not a great day.
>>
Drop a large rock on its head. Fuck deer.
>>
File: 1456397471313.png (131 KB, 1009x354) Image search: [Google]
1456397471313.png
131 KB, 1009x354
>seems fitting
Also post feet
>>
>>2071262
Your best option is to just euthanize it as humanely as possible.
It's on your property, so there's nothing particularly illegal about it, and afterwards you'll have a freezer full of food.
>>
>>2071680
lols
>>
call a mountainlion to finish the job for you
>>
>>2071612
Animal control simply doesn't want to do work. I've had so many fucking issues with some ACO it's ridiculous. Officers straight refusing to catch a dangerous dog at large, take away a cat showing signs of contagious disease, etc. It's unfortunate but that's why you always ask for their name and write it down
>>
Why would animal control help it? Deer are overpopulated and need to be culled out in basically every state in the US. For all you and they know it's a natural problem with a natural end for the deer.
>>
>>2071821
I've had similar issues with Animal Control. I had hoped it was just officers in my area that were shit.
>>
>animal control
LOL
Just shoot the thing and stick it in your freezer (assuming no signs of CWD.) You city folk I'll tell you what.
>>
>>2071867
The issue's been resolved, and it was stated repeatedly OP didn't have a weapon
>you illiterate hillbillies I'll tell you what
>>
>>2071821
In the city I used to live in, I thought the same. Then I realized there were only 2 animal control officers for the entire county, who were basically out on calls all day long.

I think the job is a lot of hassle with very little reward and repetitive shit you see people do to animals day after day and never learn.

They probably would not want to come out over a dying deer in the place I used to live either, expecting someone would eventually shoot it.
>>
>>2071870
>muh no gunz
>muh obama
Then bash it over the head with a rock, what's wrong with you? When I hit my deer with the truck I just hit it with a maul until it quit moving and threw it in the back. It was god damn delicious.
>>
>>2071886
You can bash it over the head with a rock if you want, but I'll repeat myself again, its allready dead.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.