[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friends are being stupid pieces of shit right now So my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: christiansnail.jpg (38 KB, 510x301) Image search: [Google]
christiansnail.jpg
38 KB, 510x301
So my friends are being stupid pieces of shit right now

So my brother dropped off a snail and put it in a styrofoam cup and left it outside to freeze

So now I'm this snails parental guardian so the first thing I did was make a dope ass styrofoam base for it made of like three cups

All it does is shit in one corner then sleep in the farthest side

it doesnt even eat the shit I give it

I told my supposed friends about this and they laughed when I said I was feeding him apple slices cut really small and now they're being really stupid saying that I dont know how to care for my snail but they're fucking retarded

What do these things even eat help me disprove my stupid friends and let Christian Snail live /an/
>>
>>2067353
is his name supposed to be a joke about christian bale?
>>
>>2067353
op your a fgt :^)
>>
>>2067356
yeah thats what my brother named it so I just gotta roll with it

>>2067357
hey fuck you kiddo get out of my thread
>>
File: 59c.jpg (7 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
59c.jpg
7 KB, 250x238
>>2067357
>>>/trash/
>>
>>2067353
They eat algae dood.
>>
>>2067353
you should let it go up your bum :)
>>
>>2067360
Really? Because I swear they like eating the lettuce in my garden.
>>
File: we.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>2067360
where the fuck do I find algae im not an ocean

>>2067363
how about i jam the stryofoam base up your ass

its riddled with toothpicks to hold it together get fucking ready stupid bitch
>>
>>2067353
can we get a pic of his set up op?
>>
File: Snail Base.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Snail Base.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>2067367
yeah here it is

i made it in like 20 minutes
>>
>>2067366
Get a small fish bowl and put it in the sun by a window.
>>
>>2067372
looks like shit desu smhsmhsmhsmhsmsh
>>
>>2067373
> how to kill a snail
>>
>>2067372
this is cool af but you should probably buy one of those $5 plastic carrier cages from petco
it would be alot easier to clean
>>
>>2067375
you want to fucking die
>>
>>2067376
hes talking about how to get algae
>>
>>2067379
does your snail like cummies? :))
>>
>>2067384
about as much as your dad does from your fucking uncle faggot
>>
how big is the snail? like tiny or huge
>>
>>2067386
pretty small

average size
>>
>>2067387
hes a little guy?
>>
>>2067388
get out of MY fucKING THREAD

NOW
>>
>>2067389
someones a little flustered :)

i still want to discuss your snail friendo
>>
File: 1430721410424.jpg (163 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1430721410424.jpg
163 KB, 480x480
>>2067391
can we get an admin in here

get this hothead out of my snail thread for fucks sake

this is a living BEING
>>
>>2067392
Can we get a pic of the snail?
>>
File: WEWEWE.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
WEWEWE.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>2067395
he sleeps all day so here it is
>>
Britbongs are so fucking dumb.

This thread is so fucking dumb.
>>
>>2067430
no one is britbong here senpai
>>
I'd recommend switching over to a glass container. Styrofoam MAY have some chemicals in it that could harm the snail.

We don't actually know that much about how styrofoam affects human beings, and humans are pretty much the most resilient animal there is (except we can't regenerate for shit), but some studies are coming out saying that styrofoam might be bad for us.

So while your setup is cool as far as design goes, if I were you I'd probably make the move to a glass terrarium. This shouldn't be expensive. Just make sure it has some sort of a lit with lots of air holes. Something that's has a really wide top (so you can get your fingers in there easily for maintenance) makes sense. Don't get something too tall.

A half gallon fishbowl could make a good choice. Or you can get all kinds of cheap glass containers at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

On the bottom of the terrarium, you should put some substrate. The substrate helps cushion the snail's fall if it falls from somewhere (like the walls of the terrarium). If a snail cracks its shell it can easily die so you need to be sure it won't fall onto a hard floor.

And it also provides a place where beneficial bacteria congregate, and it also will make the snail feel more at home.

A thin layer of chopped sphagnum moss would be a decent choice for substrate. Maybe a centimeter deep or a little more.

Soil could work as a temporary substrate, if you know it doesn't have pesticides in it.

Keep the substrate slightly damp. You don't want it to be bone dry and you don't want it to be soggy. Just moist/damp.

As an extra water source for the snail, cucumber makes a good choice. You have to change it every day.
>>
>>2067522

>lit

I meant lid
>>
>>2067522

Btw, you could also use a mix of soil and sphagnum moss both. Maybe a layer of soil on bottom about a centimeter thick, and then another centimeter of moss.
>>
>>2067388
For you

>>2067400
Usually they sleep more because they're low on sodium. Get a spoonful of salt and dump it on him.
>>
>>2068291
>edgy
>>
>>2068291
Wow, why don't you die from iodine poisoning yourself?
>>
>>2068793
>>2069273
I didn't know it was this easy to troll /an/ only because I wasn't trying to troll.

Holy shit guys, I even tried to word it to be obvious.
>>
>>2069634
i thought it was funny man
>>
>>2067353
>What do these things even eat help me

>Land snails enjoy plants, fungi and algae. They naturally congregate in fields and grassy areas. Provide a land snail with plant matter and vegetables such as lettuce, dandelion greens, cucumbers and carrots. Experiment with different types of greens to see what your snails enjoy eating. To feed snails, place the plant matter in the tank and leave it there for several days. If the food begins to rot or mold, discard it.

Also, as others have said, go get one of those critter keepers for 5 bucks.
>>
>>2070055
>>2067522
Another good suggestion is to take an egg from your fridge, use a needle to poke a hole in both ends, then blow on one end to empty the egg out. Rinse the egg out very very thoroughly by filling a bowl, putting one end with a hole into the water, suck some water into the egg, then plug both holes with your fingers and shake vigorously. Drain, then repeat three or four times.

Once the egg is completely clean, use a very fine nail file on the egg shell where the holes are, so there are no sharp edges to hurt the snails very soft tummy.

Then put the egg shell into the container so that the snail has a continuous source of calcium to help make sure it's shell stays thick and strong.

You could, of course, go buy a cuddle bone or a calcium supplement to add to his food, but that seems to me like a waste of money if you have perfectly good eggs laying around.

Eggs are a meal you and your snail buddy can share together.
>>
>>2070002
Glad someone appreciated it.
>>
>>2070061
>snail likes egg
Random passerby here. I learned something today. Thanks, /an/.
>>
try putting it into a soda can bowl and smoke some weed out of it. the snail will thank you later
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.