[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
Post questions related to cats that don't deserve their own threads here.
>>
>>2066485
I'll always wonder, When i was younger two cats never liked us but we would pick them up anyway and pat them.

Anyhow but the third cat loved us to the point were it wanted all this but the other cats didn't.
>>
File: 1456024638030.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456024638030.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>2066485
Should I let my cat outside?
>>
>>2067238
Not sure if bait because you know how people react.
If you're close to traffic, no.
If you're in an area with large natural predators (coyotes, bears, wolves, etc.) No.
On a leash is fine in any area.
>>
My cat died last night, he was old (~17 years) and slightly fat but he didn't show any signs of trouble up until that afternoon when he just started wasting away. We thought he might've gotten into the toilet bowl cleaner but there was no visible blood in his vomit and we can't get to a vet due to already-existing money problems.

The best way to describe how he went was "violently", he was stumbling around and dazed out of his mind, in ways I've never seen cats act, yowling in pain whenever he was lucid.

Any idea what could've possibly caused this? I know there's probably hundreds of answers but this is my first time seeing a cat die outside of being hit by a car.

I know this is depressing as all hell, but I just need to know.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (52 KB, 645x380) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
52 KB, 645x380
>>2066485
Does anyone else on /an/ own Devon Rex cats? I have two, one looks just like pic related, and they have to be the weirdest fucks imaginable.
>>
>>2067305
I want to scratchy scritch those lil wrankles.
>>
>>2067309
it's pretty satisfying m8
>>
>>2067258
I have no idea, but I'm sorry for your loss and even more sorry that his last hours were less than peaceful. I wish your family all the best and hope you can find closure.
>>
>>2067258
sorry to hear
>>
>>2067305
Actually, there's an anon that stops by that actually breeds them. IIRC hers are white/mostly white. Maybe she'll drop in.
>>
>>2066485
What type of cats are those? Their coats look gorgeous.
>>
>>2067258
Sorry for your loss, anon.
>>
>>2067258
Where you live, are there any poisonous plants or venomous animals? Such strong symptoms does sound like a toxin.
Bad thought: any neighbours who don't like you or your cat?
>>
>>2067540
I live in a WV city, but I haven't seen anything poisonous near my house. We also barely know any of our neighbors, we only just moved here in January.
>>
Do cats need annual vet visits? I'm at about one year with my cat, a stray I found, and after taking her to the vet for basic shots and worm medication, she's exhibited no ill health or symptoms of anything. With our dog, we took him to the vet every year, but my old cat, she didn't go to the vet for fifteen years and lived to be 17.
>>
>>2067258
That sounds an awful lot like what happened to a cat I had who died on christmas eve a couple years ago, if the symptoms you mentioned took place over about 5 minutes total before he died that is.

Loved that damn cat.
>>
how do I get my cat to eat wet food? He used to eat it all the time now he might take a few bites and lick up the juice
>>
>>2068154
Have you tried giving him pate-style wet food?
>>
File: Diva.jpg (1 MB, 2431x2781) Image search: [Google]
Diva.jpg
1 MB, 2431x2781
I'm very bad when it comes to breeds, what type of cat is mine?
>>
>>2068348
>what type of cat is mine?
The cute kind
>>
>>2068348
Eastwestern Flufferpuff
>>
>>2068348
Domestic shorthair, or mutt cat.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
My cat loves for me to rub the sides of her mouth. Is this normal?
>>
>>2067517
Maine Coons.
>>
My cat always sleeps on his back, on the floor, in the middle of the room. I've had many cats and not a single one did this.

What the fuck?
>>
>>2068404
Cats do that when they are too warm. The hair on the stomach is thinner and releases heat faster than the rest of the body.
I'm guessing your cat is fat or in need of a good grooming.
>>
>>2068395
That's their favorite next to tail base loves. I love when their mouth scrunches up.
>>
>>2068411
Makes sense, never had a longhair before.

Just got him and he's both, I'll work on it. Turning down the thermostat for now, thanks anon.
>>
>>2068348
kitty cat
>>
>>2068348
Grey.
>>
File: 2016-02-22 12.25.30.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22 12.25.30.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
I'm trying to make a top-entry litter box for my cat.
>>
File: 2016-02-22 15.01.28.jpg (4 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22 15.01.28.jpg
4 MB, 4128x3096
>>2068641
Making a plywood top, because the plastic one that came with it was flimsy as hell...
>>
File: image-20160129_170422.jpg (662 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
image-20160129_170422.jpg
662 KB, 2048x1152
My kitten likes to play fetch. Is this normal cat behavior?

>sitting around at home
>kitten brings her favorite toy up to me
>starts headbutting me
>I throw toy
>she chases after it and brings it back
>repeat
>>
>>2068154
>>2068177
Try this.

With the little pieces in gravy my cat will just drink the gravy but he gobbles down the pate
>>
>>2068681
if it's siamese it's barely a cat anyway
>>
>>2068681
my cat will come to me when called or when i snap (85-90 percent of the time) he also knows what a few phrases and what they mean
>>
>>2068781
My cat comes when I snap and it pisses everyone off because it avoids everyone else like the plaque.
>>
>>2068766
Not Siamese. Just a mutt incest child who's colors match that of a siamese. Mom was black and dad was tuxedo (sister and brother).
>>
>>2067780
I don't think so. I just take mine when they're due for vaccine updates. Things are different with senior cats, though - I'd take them yearly once they got to 9-10+.
>>
>>2067258
Could've been a bad stroke or blood clot. They can come on with little to no warning, especially in older cats, and easily prove fatal.

Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2067517
One on the right looks to be a turkish angora
>>
>>2068348
Forget the shitposters. It's a russian blue
>>
>>2068681
My cat used to do that when he was a kitten. I would be trying to sleep and then he would come up on the bed and drop a toy or piece of garbage and want me to throw it. I would throw it and he would bring it back. He hasn't played fetch since I got him a friend, but he does still get excited if I throw something
>>
Why does my cat lay on my lap/chest and violently lick/suck my shirt while kneading?

She does it whether it's a clean or dirty shirt, so it's not like there is a stain on the shirt she's licking.
>>
are siamese easy to take care of
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (195 KB, 1241x924) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
195 KB, 1241x924
My techno-cats. Black one on the right is less than a year old and I got her a week ago. She's completely chill. I've already gotten them past the initial stage of introduction, but my older cat(11yo) is still being a bit of a dick, hissing, sometimes batting at her. In this picture he just noticed her there behind the monitor, which is why he looks so tense.

I know they'll be fine if I just let nature take its course, but is there anything I can do to expedite the process a little?
>>
>>2069013
>that wire mess
>monitor from goodwill
>letting your cats fuck around on it and get it jam packed with cat hair

jesus christ
>>
>>2066485
Does anybody else find them alien?
>>
>>2066485
There's a cat at the office I work at and every morning it walks to my desk, looks at me, meows and goes back to its bed. What does it mean by that?
>>
>>2068993
I have a Siamese mix and she is very high energy, so just be prepared to be woken up early and have to play often. She even has two housemates to play with, but it's not enough!
>>
>>2068981
Makes her feel like she's with mommy again; a very nice, safe feel for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 299x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 299x390
>>2068993
Purebred Siamese tend to be active, clingy and vocal. They are usually very attached to one person, and pine away if left alone too much.
I think they it is not the best breed for a first time cat owner or a casual pet owner.
>>
>>2066485
My cat does not eat meat, just cat kimbles, what do I do to get her to eat meat?
>>
>>2069013
Older cat is a beaut. I love that burnt orange shade.

Been feeding them together? It helps build positive associations that being around the other cat = good things happen.
>>
>>2068981
It's basically the cat equivalent of a human child sucking their thumb - just a comfort/self-soothe behavior. Especially common in cats that were separated from their mothers too early as kittens. I have a litter of 3 that were rescued after their mother died when they were just a couple weeks old, and 2 of them are always suckling at soft blankets. (The third doesn't suckle, but instead has an almost compulsive nipping habit I've never been able to train out of him.)

>>2069039
Probably just greeting you.
>>
there are no questions worth asking that don't deserve their own threads.
>>
File: 1454552584176.png (13 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1454552584176.png
13 KB, 426x364
What sort of bed should I get the kitten I'm getting this weekend?
>>
>>2069240
Cats rarely actually use catbeds. They prefer something that isn't so fluffy and poofy like carpet or a cardboard box.
>>
Morpheus my ragdoll cat.
>>
>>2069087
Your cat may not prefer the meat your feeding over it's dry food. What have you been giving him?
>>
Hey /kot/, how do I stop my cats from stealing my food?
>>
>>2069366
you don't
or
you kill them
>>
>>2069241
This. If anything get her something partially enclosed and not so open as a bed. My cat loves a chair we have that looks like a circle cut in half because she feels safe in it.
>>
My roommate's cat keeps jumping on my kitchen table and counter and it annoys the shit out of me. How do I punish her without beating her up or having to put like aluminum foil o the whole table or some sht?
>>
>>2069403
just say NO firmly and pick her up and put her on the floor. shell catch on eventually
>>
File: 20141026_191204.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141026_191204.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do I find out how old my cat is? Picked it up when it was a stray but it seemed to be an adult.
>>
File: P_20160107_182405.jpg (802 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
P_20160107_182405.jpg
802 KB, 3264x1836
am i crazy when i tell other people to bring their cat at my place? i feel sad for my cat because she has never met other cats
>>
Is "Tortitude" real? That is, are tortoiseshell cats more likely to be loud, hot-tempered and possessive of their owner? My own tortie fits the stereotype pretty well, but I think confirmation bias might be at play.

Deleted the thread I made since this one is a better fit.
>>
Cat owners commonly rub the base of the cat's tail, because they seem to like it, but are we just... masturbating the cat?

When I do it to my cat for a minute she'll react like she had a violent orgasm.
>>
File: 20160222_144510.jpg (75 KB, 543x965) Image search: [Google]
20160222_144510.jpg
75 KB, 543x965
Got two cats, male and female. Since getting a dog they've became more independent (all of their stuff is set up in the warm shed outside, bedding, food, window cracked so they can leave as they please. They seem completely content, and they can come and leave the main house if they want, they just don't like putting up with the dog (not aggressive at all, he just likes to run over and give them a sniff, which normally either chases them away or annoys them to the point where they just walk away)

Anyway, one of the cats came in (the male) the other day for a stroke, dog was fine with him after a minute of sniffing, but I noticed the cat's coat had a fair amount of dandruff in it. He seems completely healthy otherwise. Is this something I should be worried about, and is there anything I can do (probably won't be the easiest thing since they're so independent and with them not being too fond of the dog)
>>
>>2067238
Yes.
>>
>>2069074
I used to have a huge Siamese cat.
It was a rescue and it tore everyone who tried to get near it to shreds.
>>
>>2067238
Cats like to go outside. They like it a lot.

Some types of outside are dangerous for cats.

Exercise judgement.
>>
File: 20150525_103953.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20150525_103953.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Last week my cat stopped using her bedsheet that I put on the corner of my bed. She used it for more than a year and now she only sleep directly on my bed.

Any ideas why she's doing this?
>>
>>2067305

I've owned Devon rexes and yeah they're strange. Very lovey cats though, does yours have a really fucked up meow?
>>
Any recommendations for good cat trees?
>>
>>2069764
also what kind of mix race could she be?
>>
>>2069764
Maybe she has marked it. That is what cats do. They own shit.
>>
>>2069463
Very often cats don't like other cats. Shes probably happier not knowing other cats exist.
>>
I'm looking for a cat that can stay indoor...I don't like that but a lot of people with experience told me cats can be happy indoors only if that's the only thing they know and you take good care of them.
My question is, is there any specific breed of cat that would be happier than some more active ones, in a 50m2 apartment?
I suppose maine coons are a no go?
>>
>>2069465
So you jacked off your cat
>>
>>2069487
Is it Winter where you are? Could just be his skin drying out from being outdoors so much.

>>2069764
Cats are picky little shitters, that's really the only explanation.
>>
File: IMAG0363.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0363.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
My kitty is the softest cutest kitty of them all, and I'll fight any mother fucker who says otherwise.
>>
>>2069465
Vid or it didn't happen
>>
>>2069962
You'll want a more laid-back cat. My suggestion? Get a"lap cat". One that you'd think of as a stereotypical "old lady" cat.

I had a Himalayan-Ragdoll mix who was ridiculously laid-back and didn't care much about going outside (his outside activities were limited to supervised romps on our enclosed back patio, and leashed walks).

Older cats are generally a good option, regardless of breed. They're much calmer than a young kitten, and older cats are less likely to be adopted from shelters.
>>
File: demoncat.jpg (25 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
demoncat.jpg
25 KB, 960x540
>>2069461
Vets usually take a look at their teeth to determine age.

I adopted a stray... fuck, it's been almost five years now. She was so tiny, she didn't seem much older than six weeks, tops. Took her to the vet the moment she started exhibiting 'estrus' behavior (a month later). He took one look at her teeth when I told him I wasn't 100% sure on her age - turned out she was six months old, not the three months I assumed.
>>
Cat's are pretty clean animals, but they still carry diseases and infections that can make humans seriously ill. I generally let my cat chill wherever it likes except for the dinner table and kitchen prep areas. Of course cat's are cunts and will jump on a computer tower if they want attention, so after it realized i dont want it on the table (I'd just pick him up and move him, he would hiss and scratch at me for doing it but i'd just hiss back and toss him on the floor, gently but firmly) he just keeps jumping back up there when im not watching.

It's to the point now where i'll walk towards the kitchen and hear him jump from the table, he knows it's wrong and that i'll get up him for doing it, but he still fucking does it, day after day. What can i do to make this little fucker see reason, i'm sick of wiping down every surface every time i want to use it.

I've set up nice areas for him to chill in, got cat posts and nests and shit made for him on top of other furniture but he just ignores it.
>>
File: HOUSE.png (26 KB, 1700x1412) Image search: [Google]
HOUSE.png
26 KB, 1700x1412
So guys, I'm considering adopting a second cat. Thing is I know I can fuck it up big time if there's no space for a second litter box.This is a high quality drawing of my house. I sleep with my first cat, his litter box is in the bathroom next to some sort of toilet. Never had issues with him shitting outside.

I'm considering putting the second litter box in the batroom as well as there's an empty space, but I'm worried they develop issues with shitting next to each other or in front . Also, I was thinking on putting it in the room where I put my clothes but my mother doesn't want that place to stink. And the kitchen's out of question. Please give advice.
>>
Is it just me or does something seem off about all these guys cats?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhZnxTMvNc
I know cats can be a bit dopey and relaxed at times. But almost everyone I know who owns cats says these ones don't act like cats at all, and I feel the same way. They look far too calm all the time, and move too slowly.

But I'm not an expert so I was wondering if anyone here thought the same thing.
>>
>>2070269
Like this one especially.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXbqs0iz8X0

Are they doped up or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>2070252
Why do you want a second cat?
What will you do if yours doesn't accept the new one?
Ask yourself these two questions before you think about the litter box problem.

>>2070269
They seem a bit slow. But then again, it all depends on the cat itself what you can do and what not. It's the same with mine. Some days he doesn't want to be annoyed and other days.... See pic. Same goes for my Tarantula. Some days she's chill, some days she's not.

Kinda hard to tell from a couple videos.
>>
>>2070252
I wouldn't put the litterboxes that close together.

Keep in mind your cats will be terrified of eachother. Sometimes they'll get along soon, sometimes it takes years. Or they may always hate each other. Your current cat may change in behavior too. Best bet is to get a babby kitty. But sometimes that don't work, either.

>>2070148
Put orange peels or bitter spray on the table and areas you don't want kitty. My cats get the while dining room table to themselves, but not allowed on the counters, because my girl cat purposely knocks shit down for the dog to eat or chew.
>>
>>2070289
He has plenty of videos, and the cats are generally the same way. I know cats get like yours, but they seem like they are too much.
>>
>>2070299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYc3ZWuE3GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyifJ-salKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SBrGUnfVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgELGTrgrY

Watched some more videos. I know what you mean now, something seems fucky. I can't really put it into words.

Maybe a really docile breed? I'll have to look it up later. I wanna dig a bit deeper into this now.
>>
>>2069342
That's a nice cat, anon. Look at that floof.
>>
File: floof1.png (2 MB, 850x1152) Image search: [Google]
floof1.png
2 MB, 850x1152
This is my cat, Sushi.
Apparently she's a ragdoll, but we bought her from some shady looking chavs who live on an estate in east London, so we've never been sure.
I know she's at least half ragdoll, because I saw the mother, but can anyone here tell if she's a pure breed or not?
Either way she's cute and friendly, I've just always wondered
>>
File: floof2.png (2 MB, 850x1003) Image search: [Google]
floof2.png
2 MB, 850x1003
>>2070533
Another pic
>>
>>2070379
thank you
>>
>>2067305
What makes them weird? Newfag here
>>
>>2069464
I think it's largely confirmation bias. I work at a shelter and have met about as many sweet, quiet torties/calicos as bitchy ones.

Alternate theory: female cats are more likely to be this way than males, and since calicos/torties are almost exclusively female, we see it manifest most often in them. But again, I've met so many sweet female cats and so many bitchy males that it's difficult for me to generalize.

>>2069766
Honestly? I recommend building your own out of scrap wood and carpet. It's very simple to do even if you aren't particularly handy.

>>2069769
Good ol' domestic shorthair. If you wanna be more specific, she's a bicolor mackerel tabby. Handsome girl.

>>2069962
Rather than looking at breeds, I'd look at age. Get an older cat, like 5+ years. By that time most of them have calmed down out of their kittenish energy, but still have a good decade or more left on their life span.
>>
>>2070533
I don't know, but I like her eyes.
>>
>>2070681
She has very cute eyes yeah.
They're pointing in slightly different directions, which makes her look silly
>>
Who is this blini cat and where can I find more?
>>
>>2069240
In my experience the thing cats most like to sleep in is a storage bin about 12 inches off the ground filled with a dead woman's silk scarves inside a closet.
>>
What would be the best way to make washable cat trees and perches? Carpet stapled onto stuff is too expensive to just replace whenever it gets gnarly.
>>
>>2071072
Get rope, coil rope around thing, secure in place.
>>
File: IMG_1650.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1650.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hi guys I love my cat
>>
>>2071162
tortie is the best
>>
>>2071072
Velcro carpet on, so it can be removed and washed
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 640x1136
why does my cat drool when she's happy?
>>
>>2071201
Some cats do that. My old one did.
It was gross and also kinda cute
>>
File: PT1.png (3 MB, 1742x684) Image search: [Google]
PT1.png
3 MB, 1742x684
I edited together a bunch of pictures I found of my cat when she was a little kitten and put them in a kind of order (far left was the day we got her, and far right is the latest image I could find where she was still a kitten).
Thoughts?

>>2070533
>>2070534
This is her now
>>
>>2068681
BOY HE BOUT TO DO IT
>>
>>2071201
She cannot contain her joy and must excrete some in liquid form via her mouth.

Actually, it's just a thing some cats do. Check her teeth if it's a recent development, though, since excessive drooling can also be indicative of dental problems.
>>
File: 1455424230656.jpg (65 KB, 604x446) Image search: [Google]
1455424230656.jpg
65 KB, 604x446
>>2071068
Her name is Jazz, pic related is a link to her VK.
>>
My cat turned 9 in December.

I currently take her in for check-ups once a year. Should I increase the frequency of this now that she's getting older? Once ever 8 months? 6?
>>
File: kotwithknife.jpg (72 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
kotwithknife.jpg
72 KB, 604x453
>>2071417
Jazz is a boy.
>>
File: IMG_20160227_084629556.jpg (3 MB, 3006x5344) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160227_084629556.jpg
3 MB, 3006x5344
I'm also thinking about adopting another cat. I feel like my cat might be lonely because before we adopted her she had a baby kitten and the kitten got adopted before she did, so basically someone took her baby away from her so she was really depressed when we first got her. Now I leave her at home most of the day when I work and she always looks sad when I leave. When I come home she follows me around and shit. But we live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with barely enough space for one litter box. I was thinking about getting one of those self cleaning ones. Anyone had any experience with that? Pic related
>>
How do I choose the right cat for me from the shelter?
>>
>>2071654
The one that comes to you.
>>
>>2071658
The shelter in my region has all cats in little rooms(about ~15? rooms), with one to three cats in a room(I think quite a few were alone in one). You have to ask to get in, and there's only one cat in most of the rooms.
I can't really ask to go into each one, and since the cats are confined in there, most of them would probably approach me, except maybe the shy ones.
>>
>>2071658
Not necessarily. Shy cats need love too. My cat was super shy when I first got her and hid under the bed every day unless she was hungry or needed to use the bathroom. It just took her a little to get used to her surroundings but now she's more cuddly than most cats I know
>>
File: PicsArt_02-27-04.42.12.jpg (1 MB, 2172x3861) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-27-04.42.12.jpg
1 MB, 2172x3861
Anybody ever seen a cat like my Leo before? He's light brown and fairly solid.
>>
My cat craps on the floor, right in front of the litterbox. She'll then start scratching at the nearby floor and wall as though she's burying it, but of course she isn't.

What do I do? I tried get "attracting" litter and that did nothing. I also went to the vet and there is nothing physically wrong with her. One last side note, there is another cat in the house that I got at the same time, but the 2 seem to get along.
>>
File: 20160119_134221.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160119_134221.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Do cats like being held?
Also, is my cat a Siamese-mix of some type?
>>
>>2071705
Can't say that I have, and he is a handsome devil.
>>
>>2071726
What tests did the vet run, how many litter boxes do you have, what do you feed?
>>
>>2071810
>What tests did the vet run
I had them examine a stool sample for parasites. They found nothing.

>how many litter boxes do you have

>what do you feed
Purina Cat Chow along with half of a Fancy Feast wet-food can everyday (half for each cat).
>>
>>2071823
Have the vet pull a sterile urine sample and run a uranalysis, get one more litter box, and skip the dry food and do an all-wet diet (preferably something higher quality than Fancy Feast).
>>
>>2071786
>Do cats like being held?
Depends entirely on the cat.

>>2071823
Fancy feast is honestly the equivalent of McDonalds. Feed something better.
>>
File: 20160227_212338.jpg (533 KB, 2240x1344) Image search: [Google]
20160227_212338.jpg
533 KB, 2240x1344
my cat
>>
File: 20160227_192412smaller.jpg (761 KB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
20160227_192412smaller.jpg
761 KB, 3984x2241
This is my kitty. She likes it when I pick up her back legs and flip her over (she'll tuck into a summersault), as well as when I grab her front paws and pull her across the carpet.

She's weird. The only time she doesn't like being dragged is when it creates too much static and she gets shocked.
>>
>>2071866
That's adorable
>>
My oldest cat has pretty much meltdowns if I'm in a room with closed door. He needs to be in there with me, right now!
>>
>>2071835
>>2071857
I don't think I can afford another vet trip for a little while, but I'll try to do the other things. Thanks anons.

Any recommendations for good wet food brands?
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>2069342
my cat Morpheus doesnt like being held. wont sit in my lap very often and generally doesnt like being fussed with too much. he will greet me at the door and lick my hand though.
>>
File: CWE1wTaUkAADFwy.jpg (101 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
CWE1wTaUkAADFwy.jpg
101 KB, 540x720
Best cat for someone that's never owned a cat? Or a pet in general?
>>
>>2072022
Cats are pretty easy to deal with. In terms of breed, just go to your local shelter. They're not like dogs, the breed doesn't really matter.
>>
Why are they so lazy all mine does is lounge around? It doesn't even like being picked up or pat.
>>
>>2072032
Different breeds have different personalities, just like other domestic animals.
>>
>>2070118
>>2069869
>>2070648
thanks guys!
>>
>>2071786
No, just a pointed domestic shorthair, or mutt cat.
>>
>>2071705
He's chocolate colored. Not rate but also not common. It is most often found in the following breeds-

American Shorthair
British Shorthair
Oriental Shorthair
Persian
>>
>>2071898
bump for interest in wet food brands
>>
>>2071898
Ragdolls are super friendly and super cute, but they follow you around a lot
>>
File: iu[1].1&f=1.jpg (11 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].1&f=1.jpg
11 KB, 200x300
>>2066485
Anyone have a cat that has sprained or broken a leg?

>playing with cat
>toss a few feet
>usually turns around and attacks me
>this time she "rolled her ankle" and I heard a snap
>limped for next few minutes
>but now walking/running/jumping fine
Was the snap a nail snag on the carpet? Should I wait a day and see if the pain returns before I take to a vet? Ive never had an injured cat, so I'm not sure how high the pain tolerance actually is. I read that a lot of the time small fractures heal on their own without a cast/splint

i feel like a mom freaking out that her baby has a runny nose
>>
>>2070533
She is a mix. I think ragdoll cats are grey and white. Mine is a ragdoll Siamese mix. But that is a pretty cat
>>
File: 1454818384957.jpg (26 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1454818384957.jpg
26 KB, 552x594
I am moving soon to a smaller apartment and I'm interested in getting a kitten.

I hear that pairs are important, but is it really necessary for someone who works out of the home and will be around the cat all day for the most part?
>>
File: kitten.jpg (430 KB, 1159x915) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
430 KB, 1159x915
Keeping this kitten for for some family friends
I'm quite sure it's a mix, but anyone got an idea if there's any recognizable breeds in this guy?
>>
>>2072336
mutant tabby
>>
>>2072269
not all ragdolls are grey and white. google that shit man. you know nothing
>>
>>2070120
Are you gay? Your cat looks like it's owned by a gay.
>>
>>2070345
What are you going to do, call the sleepy cat internet police? Jesus christ lol
>>
>>2071705
The way many cats look winds me up because they're such a wimpy pathetic looking animal. Your cat looks like a proper mans cat. I salute you and your cat. I approve.
>>
>>2072215
It's running and jumping fine? yeah it's probably got a broken leg, I'd take it to the vet.
>>
>>2072438
Top lol
>>
>>2072318
No you can get a single. What people don't realize is although 2 kittens will play with each other, that's still 2x the work for you. 2x the play time and affection and litterbox and brushing. The two kittens thing is like a meme because somehow it was perpetuated that 2 getting 2 kittens means less work. What it really means is 2x the work but the cats have a mate while you're gone
>>
>>2072487
It's not really as much extra work as you're making it out to be.
>>
File: servalsvusdorg.jpg (28 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
servalsvusdorg.jpg
28 KB, 400x288
the Serval's body look out or proportion.
>>
File: 1456740557604.jpg (55 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
1456740557604.jpg
55 KB, 400x288
>>2072592
I fixed it
>>
>>2072487

Having 2 is not about you, you lazy faggot. It's about making the cats happy.
>>
>>2072608
So single cats are unhappy?
>>
>>2072609
I had a single cat for a while.
I would come home from class and all his toys would be by the front door. Then he would run over and bite my feet, start throwing his toys trying to get me to play.

I adopted a second cat, smaller and female to not intimidate him. No more toys by the door. Now I come home to things knocked over or misplaced food bowls. Makes me happy knowing they chase each other around the house and try to hog each other's food.
>>
>>2072609
Isn't that dependant on the cat?
>>
File: 20160229_223301.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160229_223301.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
This is my brother's cat, /an/. My little princess. She's 14 years old and has breast cancer. The vet highly suggested we operate her, which we did in the hopes of buying her some time. That was around New Years, just two months ago.
Since then her tumors have returned and they're worse than before. She has lost so much weight, and yet she can barely eat. She's losing fur, and now the tumors are so big they're actually tearing her skin. She's still active and so joyful when I spend time with her, but her behavior has changed so much, I know she's in pain.
My brother lives in the other side of the country and can't visit anytime soon. We agreed that we shouldn't let her suffer, that we should euthanize her. But we still don't know when we should do it.
What should we do, /an/? Did anyone go through something similar, with their cat with a terminal disease?
>>
File: IMG_0255.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0255.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>2072983
Sorry bro, but it sounds like she needs to go. Otherwise you're just delaying the inevitable by extending a subpar quality of life. You don't want to wait until she's truly wasted away and suffering to put her down - you don't want that to be your last memory of her. Trust me.

Make arrangements with the vet, do a house call if you can. Lots of vets do nowadays. I hope she goes peacefully.
>>
>>2071205
What a precious.

My cats are sweet, but the oldest (about 6 months) has recently gone into heat and does not get spayed till the 29th. I have not gotten more then two hours worth of sleep at a time the past two nights. It is hell.
>>
>>2073200
My parents and brother want to push our luck and wait until "the right moment comes". I would like to give her more time, but I'm so worried that things might take a turn for the worse suddenly and she'll have to be put out screaming in pain.
I'm already making preparations. We got some morphine and I bought syringes yesterday. I don't think it gets any more painless than that. Now I'm thinking about how we'll bury her. I'd like to bury her in our garden, but I'm afraid of some foxes that live nearby unburying her.
Anyone have any experience with burying a cat?
>>
>>2072336
Cats aren't generally like dogs where you can recognize the breeds of the parents.

She's just a good old DSH moggie, anon.
>>
what's the best way to administer ear drops?

i've had someone hold her waist as i fold her ear back but she doesn't like it at all and ends up running away
>>
File: 2014-10-21 08.58.21.jpg (335 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-21 08.58.21.jpg
335 KB, 1600x1200
Look at this piece of shit.
>>
>>2073312
You're planning to euthanize her yourself?

Be careful. Be VERY careful. Research doses and side effects, practice doing injections on like, an uncooked turkey or something before you go for your cat. Have a backup plan for a quick death (e.g. loaded shotgun nearby) in case the drugs fail. It is really, REALLY easy to fuck up home euthanasia and make the entire affair a lot more traumatic and painful for all parties involved. The amount of horror stories I've heard, fuck.

I always shoot for 3+ feet deep. Wrap the body in a towel, then put it in a box. Never had any problems with things digging them up, but then again the only critters that come into my yard are birds, rabbits, and rodents.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My cat is licking me and it's rather cute
>>
>>2073458
Burrito her: wrap her up tightly in a blanket or towel

Then quickly administer the drops and let her loose ASAP, follow immediately with a favorite treat or really fun play
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
this is my kitty Pudding and he has heterochromia, she loves laser pointers, shoeboxes and also paper balls. One thing, her breath STINKS, and not the normal cat breath stink. I've looked at her teeth and they are fine, perfectly healthy actually. And I took her to the vet two months ago and her health is perfect as well. What could it be?

>>2073312
what >>2073775 said. I've used a trash bag when my huge german shepherd died. you can use the bag if you're too scared of the foxes, i bet the bags trap the decomposing smell better.
>>
>>2074113
also my neighborhood has a crazy amount of strays. i've taken some time, money and effort to get the ones who come to my backyard to get them fixed and have vaccines. i've gotten some adopted out too. here's a video compilation of the kitties that come to my yard, plus my two kitties.
https://youtu.be/wLX2Pn9apoc
>>
>>2074113
lovely roadkill precursor
>>
>>2074116
nah, only let her out supervised. plus my neighborhood is not a main street, people rarely pass and also most of the people who live on my street are old people or asian, so they drive very very slow.
>>
Why do cats make chitterirng sounds?

Also, say I wanted a certain type of cat but I don't see the cat at a shelter could I ask my local vet about breeders if they know any and would they tell me about cat breeders that may or may not be around?
>>
what are going through my cats' heads when they chase the laser pointer? Do they really believe it's something they can ultimately catch despite the fact that after months of trying, they haven't.

I feel like I'm fucking with their concept of reality when I point it on their paw and they can't feel it
>>
>>2074214
>what are going through my cats' heads when they chase the laser pointer?
nothing.
>I feel like I'm fucking with their concept of reality
they don't have one of those
>>
File: 1404396775385.jpg (25 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
1404396775385.jpg
25 KB, 500x302
>>2074216
>>
>>2074214
>I feel like I'm fucking with their concept of reality when I point it on their paw and they can't feel it
You sort of are. Some people recommend giving them a normal toy after playing laser pointer so they have prey to murder.
>>
>>2074221
sav'd
>>
i fucked with links

>>2074113
is he half deaf?
>>
my fuzzy buddy tends to get tiny mats on the top of his head but he really doesn't like it when I brush him there. Any tips on how to prevent them from forming?
>>
My cat likes to lay on my chest and lick my beard. I think she thinks she's grooming me, but it just messes it all up. Takes her a good 20 minutes to do the entire thing, but if I don't stop her by god she'll do it every evening.
>>
hey guys , i have a cat of like 3 years old , a little fat , and she often go to the top of our roof (not the highest , i can see her there from my window) and she lays in the top like someone who is having stomach pain , and she start doing some weird sounds like she was choking or coughing.

I know some cats drop hairballs from their mouth , be she doesnt drop anything , she just cough in a very deep tone , and then she go to do her cat stuff like nothing happened.

We only feed her with pellets , she hunt some stuff but doesnt eat anything , also sometimes she eat my dog's food , but is almost same size as her food

please help
>>
>>2075259
forgot to add: she doesnt look bad , she is perfectly fine , im just curious if that might be some illness
>>
File: IMG-20160304-WA0002.jpg (234 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160304-WA0002.jpg
234 KB, 900x1600
My cat give to birth this morning (the father is my other cat) and I'm a bit worried for the little kitties because when she wants pats she doesn't pay attention to her kitties and I don't want she to sit on the little kitties because she wants pats and bellyrubs. She maybe still has one or two more kitties inside, I hope it's finished. Pic is from the morning.
>>
>>2069731
Cats are dangerous for many things outside
>>
So I'm looking to get a cat in the fall when I move into a house and I'm leaning towards a Russian blue since theres very few exotic shorthairs available, first time being primary owner of a cat, tips?
>>
>>2075431
Don't let it go outside unless it's on a leash
>>
>>2075317
>>2075502
There's the thread you're looking for
>>2075205
>>
File: 20160305_095223.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160305_095223.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I came home to cat after not seeing it for a few days and found this 2-3cm gash on the top of his front leg a bit below the shoulder. I'm poor as fuck and don't want to take him to the vet unless I have to. What do you think /an/, is this bad enough for a vet visit or could I just clean and dress it at home?
>>
>>2075525
I should add that he doesnt seem to be in any pain or discomfort at all, he's not limping and doesnt seem any more lethargic than usual (he's pretty old, about 15 years)
>>
>>2075525
If you have antibiotic ointment, Maybe dab that on when he goes to bed or when he's in a calm spot. I've done that with my cats and that's helped a lot. Also if you haven't seen him for a couple of days, maybe put a little peroxide on it. If he's not limping or look in pain, maybe hold off on a vet visit. Keep checking on it, feel around to see if the surrounding area is hot (starting infection)

The wound is manageable as long as it's not hot/he is showing physical pain.
>>
>>2074973
Nope, she has really good hearing. Can hear even the tiniest of sounds when i'm on the other side of the house.

I've read of white heterochromic cats having a higher risk of being deaf and blind but i don't really know much about that. Does anybody have any insight?
>>
Cute cat keeps hanging around my house, looks clean, healthy, and well-fed. He's come on to my porch twice, but if I go outside he runs away. How do I gain his trust?

My cat just died and I can't get a new one, so I'm desperate for cat love.
>>
File: P1000424.jpg (2 MB, 3712x2992) Image search: [Google]
P1000424.jpg
2 MB, 3712x2992
>>2068348
I have the exact same cat except mine has a white dot of fur on her neck
>>
>>2075961
You get to a cat's heart through their stomach. Offer it food from a bowl and work your way up to eating from your hand, just be slow and patient with it.
>>
File: 1450683371030.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450683371030.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Where the fuck do people go to adopt kittens?

There's like a huge demand for them and I can't fucking get one.
>>
>>2068882
no...
>>
/tg/ here, stat this cat.
>>
My two cats keep manically scratching out their fur and opening small gashes on their skin, but like, I haven't noticed any fleas on them or around the house. And I really should be if they have them because I have carpet.

pls help
>>
>>2068641
Beautiful cat. Name? Moar?
>>
>>2076113
STR:1
DEX:2
CON:2
INT:1
WIS:1
CHA:3
>>
>>2071068
Blini cat its best thing from shitty Russia
>>
File: IMG_20151220_062715_180.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_062715_180.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>2073585
Sharing Leona so in the sink
>>
So, I've grown up with cats my entire life but now I work eight hours a day, five days a week. I feel like that's not enough time to spend with a cat if I ever get one myself.

Am I just being stupid?
>>
>>2076192
Yes, adopt an older cat.
>>
>>2076192

Yeah, you're just being stupid. Cats are pretty low maintenance.

What you should do is go to a shelter and ask if they have any adult cats that are more independent and like to do their own thing. I'm sure the shelter staff/volunteers will know of a few cats that have had trouble getting adopted because they aren't super outgoing or interested in people. Over time, the cat will bond with you and want to hang out while you're home, but not be bothered when it spends time at home alone. You'll have the satisfaction of having a nice cat friend, and having rescued a cat that might spend months in a little cage looking for the right home or get euthanized after a certain date depending on the shelter.
>>
>>2076192

Most cats are fine with being alone while you work. They usually spend most of that time asleep anyway especially cats that are already grown.
>>
Hey /cat/ I've spent a couple days at my mom's house and her cat's been throwing up a lot, once as many as three times a day. I've already recommended to my mom to take switch her to all wet food in case that might help, but she won't do it. The vet doesn't say there's anything wrong with her and she hasn't lost weight, but she is getting old and I worry. Is there anything else that might help her keep her food down?

>>2076045
You have to get lucky unfortunately. Keep checking your local ASPCAs and shelters.
>>
I'm going to be moving into a place that allows pets soon and will be adopting a cat probably within the next two or three months. Is cat health insurance worth getting?
>>
>>2076045

Its too early for kittens, cats breed seasonally. Wait until late march, and then there will be tons of kittens until the end of summer.
>>
>>2068641
I'm pretty sure your cat is not going to like that. Cats are prissy and want to control how they step into a litter box, so having to drop down into one might present a challenge. What makes you want to construct a top entry litter box? If its because the cat is kicking litter out, you can get a lot of different kinds of walk in litter boxes that are totally enclosed so they can't kick litter out.
>>
>>2076226

Depends on the plan, but no. Every pet health insurance I've seen has never been worth it financially. The one at my vet is like 40 dollars a month, and only really covers basic yearly stuff, like exams and basic blood work, but wouldn't cover any other diagnostic tests, like xrays or ultrasounds, or any surgery.

A yearly exam for a cat is like 60 dollars. Make sure you always have some emergency money, ideally 3-5k, in case something happens. I've never spent more than $150 a year on medical stuff, and I have 2 cats. I've been lucky that they haven't had anything serious come up. Though, I recently paid 9k for an emergency surgery for one of my dogs, so anything can happen.
>>
>>2076121

It could be an allergy, like a food allergy. Do you use low quality cat food? I would try switching food and see if it keeps happening.
>>
>>2067780

No. When they are young they can go every few years, or when something comes up. When they are older they should go more. Just make sure you keep tabs on its weight, food/water consumption, and if its pooping and peeing regularly, and if anything changes, take it to the vet.
>>
>>2076121
Could be allergies, as the anon said. Also stress, boredom, or other external parasites, such as lice or mites.
>>
>>2076172
This is a good sit.

>>2076224
Could be a number of things. Is there hair in it or is it mostly food? If hairballs, Laxatone can help cats pass them more easily.
Has she switched foods recently? Cats that are switched abruptly from one food to another can develop stomach issues like puking and the shits.
Is she feeding some garbage like Friskies? Your cat may be becoming intolerant to garbage, or may have developed an allergy to an ingredient.
Does she poop regularly? Vomiting can also be symptomatic of constipation, which older cats are especially prone to as they become more sedentary.
Is she an indoor/outdoor cat? Could be internal parasites.
Could also be IBD, which can be difficult to diagnose.

My recommendation is none of the above apply is gradually changing foods, at least to a higher-quality kibble if your mom refuses to do all wet. Good luck.
>>
File: IMG_0958.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0958.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /cat/, here's a pic of my two little babies; Frisky Dingo and Nana. They always cuddle like this, it is so precious (both are female and about two months apart).
This evening though I took in the cat that hangs around the apartments. She's a sweet full grown black cat, I think she use to be a pet and then was abandoned. I usually give her food when I see her, but tonight I let her in the house. Her stomach is pretty round and a little hard to the touch (as appose to soft like a fat cat might be like). Her nipples are also jutting out a bit and she has been licking the fur on her stomach a lot. She has been drinking a lot tonight (every 15 minutes or so), is it safe to assume she is pregnant? She is a fairly fluffy cat, and I would rather keep her outside for now unless she is for sure pregnant, since I plan to move her with me and the other two when I find a bigger place in a month or so. What would be the cost roughly to take her in to the vet and check?
>>
>>2076305
Also, I should note; the calico (Frisk) isn't pregnant or anything in that picture, she just has a bit of a baby belly at the moment and I plan on reducing her cat food soon.
>>
>>2076305
You should take it in to see if it's microchipped before you take it. You might be kidnapping some kids outside cat.
>>
>>2076322
I plan on making sure she isn't someone else's pet, but if she is they are not taking proper care of her. She has fleas and signs of previous damage on her ears along with some mange on her tail. When we move I plan on putting up some signs saying I have her and leave my number just in case she is someone's pet.
>>
>>2076323
dont put her in if she has fleas u idiot they will get in your other 2 healthy cats facepalm..
>>
>>2076327
I discovered the fleas right before my last post, I plan on getting her treatment for them tomorrow. I will probably put her out for the night till then, but for now I am letting her eat and drink.
>>
>>2076327
Jesus Christ this post is a train wreck.
>>
>>2076305
If she's drinking a lot, and licking the fur on her stomach, that cat will probably give birth within a week or so. If the cat is stealing away cloths, or looking around for little hidden spaces, she'll be giving birth within 48 hours or so.
>>
>>2075525
If you can see it that clearly through the fur I would take him to the vet.
>>
>>2076443
Any advice on food I should give her, or if the normal dry/wet (I've been free feeding and usually a can of wet a day) will be fine?
>>
I'm taking care of this cat while I find a home for it. It's really lovable and cuddly, but I'm allergic and I can't give it attention. I pet it for a bit and now it keeps scratching on my door and wont stop.

It has food, water and a shitter. I figure it just doesn't want to be alone, but I can't let it in my room.

What do I do?
>>
>>2076630
Normal should be fine. Her nutritional requirements will go up once she's lactating, though.

>>2076651
Thanks for taking it in. Try playing a radio or leaving the TV on in the room the cat is in. The voices on a talk radio station or soft classical music may soothe her. You could also try playing with her (no touching required) to tire her out so she goes to sleep.
>>
>>2076686
Damn I can't do any of this, even playing with it. Are there some special cat toys that move on their own or something?
>>
>>2067258

Could have been a stroke
>>
Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can help two injured/ill stray cats that have been hanging around my backyard? I'd hate to call animal control and have them end up getting put down as they're both pretty sweet but I can't afford to take on two new pets and both are in obvious need of medical care.
>>
>>2076687
Not the same anon, but you can try toys that move on their own and you can try those wand things. For my cats I got a cheap one (like 3$) and fixed it so it stuck out from underneath something. They played with the dangly part plenty.
>>
>>2076748
I know you probably heard this before, but are there any Humane societies around that could help in your area? Also, what do you think is wrong with them?
>>
i've "accidentally" ran over and killed 3 cats in my neighborhood

i never got in trouble for any of the "accidents"

am i a bad person?
>>
>>2076801
One has an injured eye and the other has huge patches of fur missing. Possible mange.

There are a couple of different humane societies in my area but I worry the cats would be euthanized.
>>
File: IMAG1302e.jpg (390 KB, 1000x565) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1302e.jpg
390 KB, 1000x565
Black cat with open mouth is best color coordination.

>dat black hair
>dem yellow eyes
>white teeth
>pink tongue
>>
>>2076804
Just be more wary and slow the fuck down when driving.
Yes you're a bad person because you "accidentally" do it, you asshole.
But people shouldn't let their cats out in the first place.
>>
>>2076826
Well it's not like i did it on purpose dude. I just left the water running in my bath tub and didn't want to risk it overflowing so i was speeding on the way home. I figured my floor was worth saving more than the cat
>>
>>2076816
You can always call up to ask them what their policies are on getting them help and if they have a kill policy. For the mange problem there are maybe a few 'home' remedies you could try (such as Apple Cider Vinegar), but I would suggest asking someone or doing more research in that issue.
>>
>>2076842

putting something acidic on a skin problem doesn't sound like a good idea. I use a citric acid based conditioner, and if I have any cuts on my skin it burns a bit when I rinse the conditioner out.
>>
File: Snapchat-7744546498198236197.jpg (435 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7744546498198236197.jpg
435 KB, 1080x1920
>>2076823
Facts
>>
My cat died yesterday :( i shouldnt have come to this thread :(
>>
>>2076856
I'm sorry Anon.
>>
>>2076848
I should have mentioned but dilution is key. You can also try mixing 2tbs with 1 cup of water for them to drink.
>>
Picking up my cat preorder from catstop in May, still trying to decide on a name.

What do you think of Bismarck?
>>
So, I'm graduating soon, and I think I want to adopt a cat. An old, disabled, unadoptable cat. Give him a good home in his twilight years.

Problem is, I've only ever had dogs. So you know I'm responsible enough to keep a little guy alive, but I don't really know the ins and outs of cat ownership. I don't even know where to begin. I know never to declaw, keep them indoors, a lot of stuff is toxic for them, etc. But what else do I need to know?

tl;dr how do i cat
>>
>>2077268
Cats are pretty easy, definitely easier than dogs.

Older, hard to adopt out cats tend to be very independent, so you're not going to get the same kind of affection you get from a dog. Also forming bonds takes longer, but it's very worth it.

Give it a high quality food if you can. Brush it regularly if it's a long hair cat. Buy/grow pet grass as a treat.

Some people from their cats claws to prevent splitting, but I don't. With 5 cats, I've only had one split claw in 10 years without trimming. I don't think it's worth the struggle and trauma to prevent something that isn't very common. Some people say they do it to protect their furniture, but I don't think it makes them scratch less; plus you should be redirecting them to a scratching post instead of clipping nails if that's why you're doing it. I check my cats claws once a month and if they are split, I just monitor it for infection while it grows out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.