[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The epitome of happiness won't be found in advancing technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
The epitome of happiness won't be found in advancing technology or exploring the stars. True happiness can only be found in the simplicity of farm life.

My aunt and uncle run a goat farm in Lancaster, PA. They aren't Amish, but they do believe in the philosophy of living simply. Every time I visit, it's comfy as fuck.

>doing small farm chores
>milking goats, feeding pigs, selling produce at market
>GOAT(no pun intended) meals
>exploring the woods on horseback
>playing music and 80s outdoor games together in the evening
>have obviously tense but sweet maybe-platonic-maybe-not relationship with slightly younger cousin
>falling asleep to the sound of crickets chirping in an 18th century farmhouse

I'm a huge fucking nerd who loves video games, sci-fi, and anime, but the farm life really is the only one worth living. Raising a family to be self-sustainable and seeing the fruits of your labor is the meaning of life T B H

>pic related, favorite place in the world
>>
>>2065270
The epitome of happiness is never having to work and being able to sleep and nap whenever you feel like it. T B H F A M
>>
File: 1455133340809s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1455133340809s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>2065275
>he's still falling for the neet meme
>>
>doing small farm chores
Kek. Anyway, you have never worked on a farm in your life. You don't have time for video games and anime. There's ALWAYS something that needs to be done. I don't even see my friends anymore.
>>
>>2065287
>>2065287
>you never have time for anime or video games anymore

I know that you moron, that's the point
>>
>>2065282
If I didn't have to work anymore I would be happy. I would nap and do whatever the fuck I wanted up to rape/murder/torture
>>
>every time I visit
you don't know real farm life then faggot. it's like how every city kid who visits a forest thinks they want to live in the woods and shit. you really have no idea

plus
>my happiness is the only true happiness
you're a moron
>>
>>2065306
I visit 3-6 months at a time. I know I've got it comfy in my normal life, but I also know how they live isn't easy.
>>
>>2065328
no, you really dont
>>
>>2065361
oh yeah you're right, shit
>>
I still remember how good it felt to sleep outside on a trampoline when I was 12 and to wake up to the birds chirping and trees above me.

Eventually though you gotta move to the city and become a miserable wageslave.
>>
>>2065275
Enjoy your depression and boredom
>>
>>2065270
I get it Op. I think most people fall into two categories- country mouse and city mouse.
I'm a country mouse born in the city. The generation before my parents were all farmers. I wanted to be a farmer.
It's possible to transition to a country life, I did it.
First, consider a career that will support you even if you live in a rural area; carpenter, plumber, electrician.
Then move to an area that is just outside of town. Preferably a place where you can garden and keep a few chickens. If it works for you and you still live it after a few years, then move to a truly rural area.
It's all about taking steps towards your goal.
>>
>>2065412
I want a goat farm. Goats are GOAT livestock.
>>
>>2065419
I like goats too. I'm hoping to get some Boers in the future. But they have specialized dietary and fencing needs, so you don't just jump into goats.
>>
>>2065422
My aunt and uncle have around 150 Lamanchas. My favorite part is the cheese making process. It really is a fine art, feels like there's almost a sort of mysticism to it.
>>
>>2065426
I'm more interested in meat goats. I don't want to be tied down to milking.
>>
>>2065270
So you've been at the farm for 3 months and already you're fucking your cousin. You'll fit right in.
>>
>>2065460
Not fucking and not 3 months, I practically grew up with her.

Also
>not having strained semi-romantic relationship with cute cousin
Did you even have a childhood
>>
>>2065270
>I'm a huge fucking nerd who loves video games, sci-fi, and anime, but
Do you realise that you're a living stereotype? That's the most touristy thing you could say.

>Raising a family to be self-sustainable and seeing the fruits of your labor is the meaning of life
>muh 'murican dream
>>
>>2065494
So!?!?
I live in the country and I love to watch movies and piddle around on the Internet. I like sci fi, I read comic books.
>>
>>2065385
try actually growing up or living in the country for years before you say shit like this

you just sound like a typical tourist
>>
>>2065527
Why so ass chapped?
It's entirely possible Op is a country boy born in the city. Many people feel that way, and many people who spent their childhood in the suburbs end up living in the country.

The opposite is true too. Many people born in the country long to move to the "big city", and eventually do just that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.