[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I feel bad for getting my dog from a breeder instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1428434794280.jpg (6 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1428434794280.jpg
6 KB, 250x247
Should I feel bad for getting my dog from a breeder instead of adopting a shelter dog?
>>
Depends on if you got it from a good breeder or not
>>
>>2063423
Well yeah. Especially if it's purebred because it won't live very long and will have many problems.
>>
Not aslong as you like your dog and treat it correctly.
>>
>>2063423
If you have to ask 4chan, then yes
>>
Nah.
>>
>>2063441
A family friend got their Aussie from an excellent breeder. The dog lived to be 16.

There is a world of difference between a byb or hobby breeder and someone who does field/herding trials, and sports with the dogs they breed and who strives to produce only the healthiest dogs.

I love my shelter dog, but I totally understand why people buy puppies.
>>
>>2063720
There is no difference. All purebred dogs are destined to a life of suffering. This is a fact.
>>
>>2063763
Do you have a source for that fact?
>>
>>2063766
His dog's anus
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1974x1476) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1974x1476
>>2063720
Just FYI, a Hobby Breeder is someone who does shows, trials, and health testing.
>>
>>2063766
You mean the tons of sources where these dogs are bred just for show and money? They always have shorter lifespans and multitudes of health problems. Enjoy the vet bills though for weekly maintenance on your "investment"
>>
>>2063810
I was mistaken, thank you.
>>
>>2063423
Depends. If you're not looking for something specific, why do you need a purebred? For most people, any midsize rescue mutt would do. Unless you need a working dog, a low energy dog, a hypoallergenic dog, or something similar, you don't really need a purebred. You can also rescue purebreds, it's not like breeders are the only way. They're rescued from puppy mills and surrendered by owners all the time. As long as you're getting them from a really good breeder, not a shitty hobby breeder or BYB, I think it's fine. But still, I don't think most people need a purebred as much as they think.
I think the only exception to this is first-time owners. If somebody's never raised a dog before, a well-bred dog with a specific energy level and a stable temperament helps a lot.
>>
File: Snapchat-7827900811747982419.jpg (550 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7827900811747982419.jpg
550 KB, 1440x2392
>>2063423
No, OP. You get whatever the fuck you want and that's how it works as long as you're fully committed, conscious of what it takes to raise a dog, and you're financially comfortable to vet it correctly and have enough if any emergencies happen. That's pretty much it. I encourage you to look in shelters first, you might be surprised to find what you were looking for, something similar, or something even better.

>can't tell if bait or just stupid.jpg
>>
>>2063889
I doubt he's ready. Purebreds need to be taken to the vet almost daily due to all the problems.
>>
>>2063423

Dogs from breeders need homes to. There is a natural division of consumer products there. The market wouldn't exist if there wasn't buyers. If you outlawed breeders, they'd do it illegally.

I say this as I'm watching my 8 week old breeder puppy try to dominate my 9 month old shelter puppy. This shit is hilarious. I need to send in his AKC registration stuff.
>>
File: kek.jpg (21 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
21 KB, 340x340
>>2063890
lmao fucking /an/
>>
>>2063890

This is true. I had a purebred collie as a kid that we got for Christmas from my aunt who was a breeder. We were going to lose our house because the vet bills were getting out of control over the first 6 months. Somehow we got all caught up and stayed in that house, but then my sister disappeared and my parents said they had no idea where she went. The dog died about month later from complications of not having at least 4 different breeds in his blood line.
>>
>>2063897
>>2063890
Nice samefag
>>
>>2063893
If a breeder let you take home an 8 week old puppy you didn't go to a good breeder
>>
>>2063924
Not this shit again.
>>
File: image.png (111 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111 KB, 640x1136
>>2063922
What was that?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.