[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoning pets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Capture+_2016-02-10-11-28-16.png (2 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-02-10-11-28-16.png
2 MB, 1440x2392
How do you feel about this? "We've decided" not to take the dogs we got 8 months ago? We'll just dump them in a shelter to be euthanized instead.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-02-10-11-40-16.png (1 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-02-10-11-40-16.png
1 MB, 1440x2392
>>
>>2059370
Eh rather they bring em to the shelter than they leave em in the yard to starve. Yeah it's pretty shitty but there's way worse happening to pets elsewhere
>>
>>2059370
>>2059373
>How do you feel about this?
Like it's their choice, tbqh if they're dumping them it's more than obvious that those dogs are better off without them, and if you really cared you'd go over and adopt them forever instead of being butthurt. What are you achieving by posting them on 4chan? Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

>itt OP is a fag as always
>>
Oh sure, the needle and freezer will be much better. "Butthurt" here has saved more animals than you'll ever know, pumpkin.
>>
>>2059399
Is that what you think you are doing?
Saving these dogs?
By bitching to a group of teenagers on the Internet?
That's not how the world works...
>>
Assinine remark from a true mental giant.
>>
File: 1454884862426.jpg (207 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1454884862426.jpg
207 KB, 960x768
>>2059399

I don't think I've ever been called pumpkin on here before. I kinda like it. It feels like I have a mom and she's talking to me.
>>
>>2059408
This is the cutest fucking picture in the world and the only thing I'm taking from this thread.
>>2059399
Oh, ok hun bun, you're right and I'm wrong as long as you call us all pumpkin. Shelters don't mean death. Those pups are young and cute af and they'd probably get adopted by a way better family pretty quickly. If anything their current family is doing them a favor, also they're not trying to make their money back by selling them with a rehoming fee which facilitates them going to a better home even more quickly. The only bizarre thing here is that they're being posted in a yard sale page lol. Oh and you're still a fag.
>>
Would be less than 8 months ago, if that's the age of the dogs.

People have no sense of responsibility when it comes to pets, very few people think of where the pet will go if they suddenly cannot keep it anymore and end up just dumping them at shelters
>>
I never realized how often people will move and simply leave unwanted pets in their apartment or in the yard to die until I started seeing it outside of Animal Cops.

If you can't tell you're homing situation in enough time to properly re-home your animals or have a plan for them if something were to change, I don't think you should have any animals. People need some amount of stability before willingly caring for another being.

However they are less scumbag than people who actually leave the animals or drop them off on the road somewhere

>>2059411
Yeah but as soon as that family that abandoned them gets into another pet apartment, they are getting a couple more outdoor only puppies and the cycle will repeat
>>
At least they're trying to get a new home for them and not leaving them abandoned at the place or dumping them on the road somewhere. It is frustrating though, but it could be worse. Where I live, people just drop their unwanted animals off at a park, it happens a lot with kittens.
>>
I seriously don't understand how people get into situations where they will leave their pets behind. When I had to suddenly move across the country 1500 miles away with less than a month's notice, I automatically started looking for apartments that take cats, and planning on transporting him cross country in my car.

Seriously though, I cannot think of a situation with my pets where I would leave them behind. There's always a way. I even have friends who had to move to South Korea for a few years and they managed to take their dog and cat with them.
>>
>>2059507
I agree anon. Husband and I moved from the east coast to the west coast with two weeks notice. We still managed to take our two dogs and six cats and find a place to live. We moved to a rural area with 12,000 people in the entire county. Still managed to find housing.
>>
At least they're trying to find them a new home, but I would never give any pets away because of a moving situation. My pets are as important to me as my friends, you can't just leave them behind because they're suddenly inconvenient.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.